Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HAMMAN and TAN......................?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:01 pm

Met Sam a number of times and concluded he was a nice man, loved the City and the craic....but would never want to take him on in business. Shrewd enough.

Vincent Tan......never met. Impression is that he has seen a chance, backed it, is enjoying it and will fund out to get a profit.

Question is. If I had a pissy battle with someone over (say, in my case, a couple of hundred grand) I would fight til the pips squeeked. BUT....for a couple of hundred quid and with a compromise outcome, I would say feck it....and settle.

In relative terms, SH and VT can settle this for not a great loss of £ or face. Tan wants the majority situation, Sam wants what he thinks is his value back (plus respect) and relatively speaking it's one which, ego's apart, they should be able to sort.

Waht's the problem??

Re: HAMMAN and TAN......................?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:49 pm

Purple in Cwmbran wrote:Met Sam a number of times and concluded he was a nice man, loved the City and the craic....but would never want to take him on in business. Shrewd enough.

Vincent Tan......never met. Impression is that he has seen a chance, backed it, is enjoying it and will fund out to get a profit.

Question is. If I had a pissy battle with someone over (say, in my case, a couple of hundred grand) I would fight til the pips squeeked. BUT....for a couple of hundred quid and with a compromise outcome, I would say feck it....and settle.

In relative terms, SH and VT can settle this for not a great loss of £ or face. Tan wants the majority situation, Sam wants what he thinks is his value back (plus respect) and relatively speaking it's one which, ego's apart, they should be able to sort.

Waht's the problem??

The problem is as businessmen they adhere to the rules of business which are only pay what you think something is worth and get the best price for anything you sell.

Hence Tan will only come near Sam's valuation if he is buying a Premiership club.

Re: HAMMAN and TAN......................?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:51 pm

I'd make him an off he couldn't refuse. :tard: