Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

what with the Premier League being so weak

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:15 am

this season, teams being dumped out of cups by championship, league 1, 2 and even non league teams (luton) i'm starting to believe we will be ok next season if we make it. There can't be much of a gap these days i guess.... ;)

Re: what with the Premier League being so weak

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:18 am

goats wrote:this season, teams being dumped out of cups by championship, league 1, 2 and even non league teams (luton) i'm starting to believe we will be ok next season if we make it. There can't be much of a gap these days i guess.... ;)

fa cup has lost its appeal, its a distraction to most teams now, if it had a champions league spot then things would be different

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:53 am

samdm94 wrote:
goats wrote:this season, teams being dumped out of cups by championship, league 1, 2 and even non league teams (luton) i'm starting to believe we will be ok next season if we make it. There can't be much of a gap these days i guess.... ;)

fa cup has lost its appeal, its a distraction to most teams now, if it had a champions league spot then things would be different

u mean they just field weaker teams and say bollox to it? like we did? u wud think a liverpool team could beat oldham mins, norwich luton, villa millwall, spurs leeds etc....

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:55 am

We ain't Premier League.

We are a championship club.

The only thing we should concern ourselves with is trying to get another 3 points on Saturday. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:59 am

goats wrote:
samdm94 wrote:

u mean they just field weaker teams and say bollox to it? like we did? u wud think a liverpool team could beat oldham mins, norwich luton, villa millwall, spurs leeds etc....

What teams were weaker?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:16 am

You're assuming your up already :roll:

Also as someone else said, both cups have lot their appeal, a cup competition you can earn £3m tops (slightly more for the FA Cup), the Premier League it can be anything up to £65m + higher commercial revenue

All that said, I'm glad we get the chance to compete in the COC Final with Europe on offer for the winners.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:42 am

Far too early to even think about it.

If the players had that attitude, we'd face another season in the Championship.

By all means, talk about it when we're up - but no earlier.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:49 am

you'd have to be hugely sceptical not to think were going up :lol:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:02 pm

samdm94 wrote:you'd have to be hugely sceptical not to think were going up :lol:

Probably but.........

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:22 pm

marlee wrote:
samdm94 wrote:you'd have to be hugely sceptical not to think were going up :lol:

Probably but.........

no buts about it :lol: how long has every one waited for this ? :lol: enjoy it munn

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:29 pm

The Premier League has to be weaker this season. It's not FA Cup or League Cup results which prove that, it's the fact a bunch of shit gypo's can win 2-0 at places like Arsenal and Chelsea.