Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Wwe royal rumble

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:04 am

If its finctional and everyone knows it then why are people saying who they think will win? Surely its completely unpredicatable as its not based on skill of any kind. Why can't the referee just rip off his shirt and win the whole thing? Or Bruce willis turn up in a banana boat and win. Never understood it. It doesn't matter how good a wrestler is in reality, as if it's in the script that billy from eastenders wins the royal rumble while pulverising the rock and co on his way to glory... That's indeed what happens.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:39 am

jake the snake roberts to win :malky:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:50 am

Shirley Crabtree for me every time :malky:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:00 am

Big daddy :malky:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:34 am

I did call it..

Cena
Rock
Del Rio.

People's Elbow is a poor finisher...Rock should've hit him with a sharp shooter or Rock bottom.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:05 am

Ohhhhhhh whataaaaaaaaaaa ruuuuuusssshhhhhhh!

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:12 pm

We used to have some awesome betting rings in uni when it came to the end of January and start of February. Sweepstake on the Royal Rumble and bets on the Oscars and Superbowl. Great memories of some awesome late night piss ups. Used to love the Royal Rumble as a kid but not followed it for years. It has never reached the peaks of entertainment it hit in the Attitude years and probably won't ever again because of censorship in the US.

I know it is fake but got huge respect for the majority of wrestlers who put their body through the grinder for that business. Read the autobiography of Mick Foley and you'll understand the true price these men pay for entertaining the masses.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:09 pm

Zabier wrote:We used to have some awesome betting rings in uni when it came to the end of January and start of February. Sweepstake on the Royal Rumble and bets on the Oscars and Superbowl. Great memories of some awesome late night piss ups. Used to love the Royal Rumble as a kid but not followed it for years. It has never reached the peaks of entertainment it hit in the Attitude years and probably won't ever again because of censorship in the US.

I know it is fake but got huge respect for the majority of wrestlers who put their body through the grinder for that business. Read the autobiography of Mick Foley and you'll understand the true price these men pay for entertaining the masses.

Exactly, some of these wrestlers put so much pain on their bodies, i.e. Edge, had to retire because he'd have been paralyzed if he didn't retire

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:28 pm

thegoon wrote:Who's staying up?
My picks
Cm punk
Del rio
Rhodes scholars
Rock or lesnar for the rumble :ayatollah:

I won't be, mainly because i'm past the age of 14...

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:57 pm

T1JMO wrote:
thegoon wrote:Who's staying up?
My picks
Cm punk
Del rio
Rhodes scholars
Rock or lesnar for the rumble :ayatollah:

I won't be, mainly because i'm past the age of 14...

It was yesterday, keep up :lol: :lol: Nothing wrong with watching it past the age of 14

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Andre the giant?

That would be hell of a comeback...

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:46 pm

Jerry Lawler and Sgt Slaughter for me

I have watched wrestling for almost 40 years, mainly because my grandfather loved it so much, and now my sons enjoy it as well. Cena drives me crazy, but my kids like him It does not make me less intellignet or daft. I am a college grad with a degree I just simply like the storylines.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:55 pm

greenlawler wrote:Jerry Lawler and Sgt Slaughter for me

I have watched wrestling for almost 40 years, mainly because my grandfather loved it so much, and now my sons enjoy it as well. Cena drives me crazy, but my kids like him It does not make me less intellignet or daft. I am a college grad with a degree I just simply like the storylines.

In other word your hooked :lol:

So was I 20 years ago. Can't believe the 2 you mentioned above are still going. My favourite all time has to be Lex Luger, what happened to him?

Also what about Sonny? My dream girl lol. :oops: