Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CARDIFF CITY AWAY SUPPORT THIS SEASON "

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:03 am

Our support is quite good. It could be better but I think the main reason is because we've been in the Championship for nearly 10 years now, we've see the same old grounds every year.

When we get promoted our support is going to improve massively, home and away, and I can't wait.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:21 am

JonCCFC wrote:Our support is quite good. It could be better but I think the main reason is because we've been in the Championship for nearly 10 years now, we've see the same old grounds every year.

When we get promoted our support is going to improve massively, home and away, and I can't wait.

10 years fck me that makes me feel old :lol:
Means I was 18 when we were in league 1 :o

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:54 am

2blue2handle wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Our support is quite good. It could be better but I think the main reason is because we've been in the Championship for nearly 10 years now, we've see the same old grounds every year.

10 years fck me that makes me feel old :lol:
Means I was 18 when we were in league 1 :o

and I've just turned 18 so I was 8 :lol:

Re: " WHAT DO YOU ALL HONESTY THINK OF OUR AWAY SUPPORT? '

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:30 am

Bankiebluebird wrote:
PtB wrote:I did not refuse to be searched at Charlton, the cunts.

Ya plamf :lol:

Bugger off!!

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:36 pm

OK, I'm all grown up,married, kids, etc so don't go away much these days ( I do bring my kid if I do and it's not cheap ).

But when I was young free and single I used to go all the time - but if I was that age now - would I go ?

Not sure and here's why

Used to live in Leicester and before the days of mobile phones used to arrange with my mates to meet in the nearest pub to the train station - never failed - from there we'd do a mini pub crawl until time to go to the game pissed as rats. Never had any trouble with home fans ( if they did come on threatening it was rare and we could talk our way out of it ) and the police just let us go where we wanted.

Compare that to today and it's just not as much fun as before.

So, can easily see why people don't want to travel and that's before ticket prices, no alcohol on coaches ( :lol: ), early kick offs, waiting in laybys for hours,aggressive policing, risk of being arrested for crappy stuff like having a bit too much to drink or giving a wanker sign to opposition fans, etc