Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY AWAY SUPPORT THIS SEASON "

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:34 pm

At last Thursday's travel group meeting we were handed a list of our away support figures and any arrests made at each of the games.

The list is from the Charlton game through to Blackpool away.

Charlton - 822, 1 x arrest (Section 4) and 2 x ejections (refusal to be searched).

Barnsley - 664, 1 x arrest (assault on steward), no ejections.

Derby - 777, nil arrests or ejections.

Blackburn - 581, nil arrests or ejections.

Leicester - 2150, nil arrests or ejections.

Birmingham - 2250, nil arrests or ejections.

Macclesfield - 646, nil arrests or ejections.

Blackpool - 895, 2 x arrests (Drunk and disorderly) both dealt with by Fixed Penalty Notice.

Re: FACTS AND FIGURES OF CITY'S AWAY SUPPORT

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:36 pm

Are the hiding Bolton?

Re: FACTS AND FIGURES OF CITY'S AWAY SUPPORT

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:39 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Are the hiding Bolton?

Doubt it Gwyn, Bolton was before Charlton and not after.

These figures are for games since our last travel meeting.

Re: 'FACTS AND FIGURES OF CITY'S AWAY SUPPORT THIS SEASON'

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:41 pm

I may have misunderstood your post Gwyn, do you mean about the over the top stewarding that occurred ?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:43 pm

carlccfc wrote:I may have misunderstood your post Gwyn, do you mean about the over the top stewarding that occurred ?

Yeh, it was a shambles

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:43 pm

carlccfc wrote:At last Thursday's travel group meeting we were handed a list of our away support figures and any arrests made at each of the games.

Charlton - 822, 1 x arrest (Section 4) and 2 x ejections (refusal to be searched).

Blackpool - 895, 2 x arrests (Drunk and disorderly) both dealt with by Fixed Penalty Notice.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You taffs are the joke of the season top of the league your having a laugh with that support :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:46 pm

LeedsServiceCrew wrote:
carlccfc wrote:At last Thursday's travel group meeting we were handed a list of our away support figures and any arrests made at each of the games.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You taffs are the joke of the season top of the league your having a laugh with that support :lol: :lol: :lol:

Considering Charlton, Millwall, Derby and Blackburn were midweek games. :evil:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:57 pm

carlccfc wrote:
LeedsServiceCrew wrote:

Taff we travel night or day lad and sell out night or day :D

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:57 pm

LeedsServiceCrew wrote:

fair play to leeds for your away suport,but if u actually look into the distance we have to travel compared to yourselfs,you might actually understand the reasons,and a word of advice, if u just come on here to try and act the kiddie,like u have done frm day one, carry on the way you are,but it is getting a bit boring, because you dont atually get any decent replies do you????????,but if like many other away fans ,come on and bring some decent banter,you might get some decent replies

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:01 pm

Shows how times has changed, we took over 2,000 to Leicester and Birmingham with no arrests.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:03 pm

murphy wrote:Shows how times has changed, we took over 2,000 to Leicester and Birmingham with no arrests.

Exactly, the times are changing :malky:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:04 pm

Thats cus u twats have no jobs and enjoy every benifit under the sun. u cant come.to.terms.with ur.sexless marraige. and wanke when leeds win. not very often isit these days. we are hard working people and.to be fair being that we are top.or even 24th still good.average

Re: " WHAT DO YOU ALL HONESTY THINK OF OUR AWAY SUPPORT? '

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Leeds do well for away travels considering their fans are on the dole and manage to use their dole money to pay for away games.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:28 pm

leeds, you only take loads away this season as your home crowds are shit....

your fans dont go to home games due to the shocking prices, hense why your away support takes alot more..

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:31 pm

The away support (numbers wise) is poor. But there are issues, economy, length of time to get to the location etc. However,Leicester, Blackpool for me the atmosphere was spot on :thumbup: we just need to lift the bar a wee bit more next season, and we'll be sorted :malky:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:33 pm

We could do better but in this current climate it's understandable. Less people travel because it's not really a day out anymore, we've been to most of the grounds in this division but we take quite a few to grounds we've not been before or for ages. I think if promoted it would rapidly increase but I think our away support is okay, we take quite a few to grounds and then they'll bring less to the CCS

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:39 pm

I think our support is fairly good. We could take more, but then again we could take a lot less. If we get the the Prem it'll be sold out allocations every game obviously. As the season progresses (assuming we are still 1st or 2nd) our attendances will be around 1,500+ every away game.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Not amazing but it is what it is, I won't lose sleep over it.

I used to go away a lot more but price more than anything has put me off.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:52 pm

All things considered, (distances to travel, economic situation, midweek games etc.), our away support is OK. If we were situated in the Midlands, or Yorkshire, we would take many more away, for the simple reason that everywhere is nearer. A good comparison would be to compare our away support with the numbers who come to the CCS. Leeds are a bit of an exception; they are a big city club (the biggest one-club city in England), with a large, non-local fanbase, largely due to success from the 70s onwards. This is unusual outside of the Premier League's top clubs. When they played us last, there were two banners with 'Sussex Whites' and 'Surrey Whites' in their section.

If you look at the attendance figures for clubs in the Midlands and Yorkshire, you will see that many more fans travel to away games, both ways.

We are out on a limb, a bit, in South Wales. I don't live in Cardiff any more. Went to Leicester and Birmingham, and that involved a round drive of 140 miles to the CCS before catching a supporters' club coach at the CCS. I'm lucky, as I can manage it, but not everybody can.

Again, only ST holders and away travel club members are allowed to buy away tickets.

So, all in all, our away support is OK.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:57 pm

I did not refuse to be searched at Charlton, the cunts.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:06 pm

We do well considering the distance for most games.

If we was like based in Yorkshire (just a idea) then we would sell out loads in this division.

Most clubs like Hull, Leeds, Sheff Wed have it easy being close to most teams in this divison.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:22 pm

LeedsServiceCrew wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
LeedsServiceCrew wrote:

Taff we travel night or day lad and sell out night or day :D

Because theres nothing else to do in Leeds except for hide from paedophiles...

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:27 pm

carlccfc wrote:This season?

At last Thursday's travel group meeting we were handed a list of our away support figures and any arrests made at each of the games.

**Mid-Week and London = excelent following.

**Hell of a treck and been in the sane division for how long now? Not bad.**

**Mid-Week - Not Bad, could have been more I suppose**

**Friday Night - Hell of treck**

**Excelent**

**Excelent**

**Good considering distance and short notice**

** Given the weather - Superb**

Thats how I see it

:ayatollah:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:28 pm

PtB wrote:I did not refuse to be searched at Charlton, the cunts.

Ya plamf :lol:

Re: " CARDIFF CITY AWAY SUPPORT THIS SEASON "

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:24 am

All this excuses that your putting out their, which are perfectly reasonable, are laughed at by the same people when we take 1,700 to Chelsea on a Wednesday night on Sky either side of a cup game and cup replay with Arsenal around the festive period with people unable to fork out for all three games at the same time.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:26 am

that is shite for top of the league when we were champ the season we went up in playoffs we took well over that for most games i will have to find it for you to prove it and that's a fact,i remember we too 4000 to Newcastle for a Tuesday night game and that was the season before

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:27 am

so what has happened to your away support

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:30 am

llanellijack wrote:so what has happened to your away support

Most have done these grounds a number of times now.

I've been to every champ ground I want to go to personally and with money right for most they keep it.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:33 am

llanellijack wrote:that is shite for top of the league when we were champ the season we went up in playoffs we took well over that for most games i will have to find it for you to prove it and that's a fact,i remember we too 4000 to Newcastle for a Tuesday night game and that was the season before

You've haven't Newcastle on a weeknight in recent years. Intact, this season you took about 1000 to Newcastle on a Saturday. Only Wigan got a worse support then you in the prem. Your stuck have swansealad and tank as your top boys. Your f*cking embarrassing. I'm glad you class yourselves English.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:39 am

murphy wrote:
llanellijack wrote:that is shite for top of the league when we were champ the season we went up in playoffs we took well over that for most games i will have to find it for you to prove it and that's a fact,i remember we too 4000 to Newcastle for a Tuesday night game and that was the season before

You've haven't Newcastle on a weeknight in recent years. Intact, this season you took about 1000 to Newcastle on a Saturday. Only Wigan got a worse support then you in the prem. Your stuck have swansealad and tank as your top boys. Your f*cking embarrassing. I'm glad you class yourselves English.

we have i said i find the proof for you yes where just in front of wigan in home support and thats bcoz we aint got the capacity yet that other clubs have you pleb