Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The magic of the fa cup

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:38 pm

Has the fa cup still got that magic feel?,with a few shocks this season ,has the fa cup still got that magic spark,or with many sides playing under strength sides,is this another situation ,were football through money is killing it self?

Re: The magic of the fa cup

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:15 pm

Someone,anyone? :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:13 pm

Growing up the FA Cup Final was a special day - the build up - the game - and then over the park for a kick about ;)

Something needs to be done to get this competition back to what it was worth :old:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:17 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Growing up the FA Cup Final was a special day - the build up - the game - and then over the park for a kick about ;)

Something needs to be done to get this competition back to what it was worth :old:

I still love this cup, gutted I didn't go to Macclefield but I was working. Wanted to go to scummy Weeds next week aswell but I'm working again. :(

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:23 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21224952

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:46 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Growing up the FA Cup Final was a special day - the build up - the game - and then over the park for a kick about ;)

Here here Tony.

I have a few ideas to get it back on it's feet, number one is to make it the LAST game of the season and I mean the very last game domestically at least. Stand up to UEFA when they want to use Wembley for finals and tell them the game must be arranged around the FA cup. The FA Cup should be after the premier league has finished, after the play offs even.

Secondly I would move the semi finals to a massive stadium, which is a neutral venue, has catered for finals before, can cater to a huge amount of fans easily, great transport links, a stadium in a central location to the city it's within and is popular with most fans who visit. Can anyone think of a stadium that fits that criteria? Not far from most of us?

The Millenium stadium is perfect, they could really hype up the semis call it millenium weekend or something. Its the rocky road to Wembley and the MS is a perfect battlefield to fight for the right to play in a cup final at Wembley, it's not as big as Wembley and it's not as presitgous in the footballing world but by f**k I can guarentee fans from all clubs would love to have the semis down here and make a weekend of it.

Having the semi finals and final at Wembley severly devalues the whole experience which we found out in 2008. I wasn't the only one who felt travelling to Wembley twice in a short space of time was a bit of chore and it certainly wasn't has special the second time round.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:18 am

It's all about money now sadly.

Only way to get clubs to play a first 11 is to give a champions league place.
Nothing else would do it unless they want to increase the prize money by say 600%

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:07 am

2blue2handle wrote:It's all about money now sadly.

Only way to get clubs to play a first 11 is to give a champions league place.
Nothing else would do it unless they want to increase the prize money by say 600%

Who didn't play a first 11?