Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

has the re brand been successful in asia ?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:10 pm

correct me if im wrong but the re brand was to make us more appealing to the asian market ?

so, are we now a huge team in asia ? i.e are fat middle aged men walking around with cardiff shirts with 7 on the back and are asian women dripping at the all the pictures of hudson and cowie etc.. ?

Re: has the re brand been successful in asia ?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:15 pm

Do you expect that to happen in one year?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:16 pm

samdm94 wrote:correct me if im wrong but the re brand was to make us more appealing to the asian market ?

so, are we now a huge team in asia ? i.e are fat middle aged men walking around with cardiff shirts with 7 on the back and are asian women dripping at the all the pictures of hudson and cowie etc.. ?

:lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:18 pm

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:20 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Do you expect that to happen in one year?

aye why not ?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:23 pm

samdm94 wrote:correct me if im wrong but the re brand was to make us more appealing to the asian market ?

Ask the club how many tops they have sold overseas this year or have sent overseas this year ?
compare it to the last 2 or 3 years figures and you will have an answer !
im guessing they wont tell you , they will just give you a ball park figure of around 15k (very doubtful)
Has anybody seen a pic of a top being worn over there ?
A poster from malaysia promoting our team ?
anybody seen a video of us on malaysian tv ?
hhhmmmmmmmm ???????????????????

It will take years even then its not guaranteed

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:25 pm

thomasblue wrote:

Ask the club how many tops they have sold overseas this year or have sent overseas this year ?
im guessing they wont tell you , they will just give you a ball park figure of around 15k (very doubtful)

so no then :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:47 pm

This article says a few things but whether they were made up to feed the cup hype or are genuine things occurring in Malaysia I don't know.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17142008

:thumbright:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Do any of you really believe this multi million pound investment is based on selling shirts in the far east, oh please. :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:41 pm

It was nothing to do with selling more shirts abroad. It's because that's what VT wanted.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:44 pm

You ask too many questions for my liking

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:47 pm

thomasblue wrote:

1. Quite a few to be honest, type in Cardiff City and Asian outlets will be showing them on sale and asking if anyone wants to buy them on Twitter but this is all I've seen.
2. They don't have to give figures.
A poster from Malaysia promoting our team - Image

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:52 pm

It's obviously nothing to do with shirt sales, well I certainly don't think so anyway.

I would think its all about the "brand" and that will take many years to build up. I think then it will all be about sponsorship.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:05 pm

2blue2handle wrote:It's obviously nothing to do with shirt sales, well I certainly don't think so anyway.

I would think its all about the "brand" and that will take many years to build up. I think then it will all be about sponsorship.

:thumbup:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:20 pm

2010/11 season review has a clip of us on Malaysian News :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:25 pm

It's all about Kenny Rodgers Roasties... :old: :ayatollah: :malky:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:31 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Do any of you really believe this multi million pound investment is based on selling shirts in the far east, oh please. :lol:

No of course not , however that was the line being sold by the club to help justify the re-brand . Pretty sure the initial question is tongue in cheek .

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:34 pm

northside of risca wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Do any of you really believe this multi million pound investment is based on selling shirts in the far east, oh please. :lol:

No of course not , however that was the line being sold by the club to help justify the re-brand . Pretty sure the initial question is tongue in cheek .

that it is

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:36 pm

You would have to be very naive to think we could suddenly become huge in Malaysia! I would say vt is laying the foundations and gearing up towards playing in the premiership and then we become even more marketable in Asia! He is thinking one step and as a successful businessman he knows it aint just going to happen overnight or 1 year!!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:38 pm

northside of risca wrote:

No it wasn't, it was the line being put out by some fans, but none of us know the thoughts behind VT's plans, so we can all guess as much as we want to.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:39 pm

brewer918 wrote:

You would have to be very naive to think we could suddenly become huge in Malaysia! I would say vt is laying the foundations and gearing up towards playing in the premiership and then we become even more marketable in Asia! He is thinking one step and as a successful businessman he knows it aint just going to happen overnight or 1 year!!

See! some people can see the wood for the trees. :malky: :malky: :malky:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:45 pm

before any one gets into an arguement, before polo v barnett kicks off and before some one brings angry man into this thread :lol: this thread was an attempt at humour :lol: hence the fat middle aged men reference and dripping reference :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:47 pm

brewer918 wrote:

You'd have to be very naive to think this thread was genuine. :laughing6:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:48 pm

I try not to get involved in this subject Gwyn!! But it's so frustrating reading the same nonsense time and time again!! Some posters looking to have a dig or paint vt as this evil person at every opportunity!!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:51 pm

samdm94 wrote:before any one gets into an arguement, before polo v barnett kicks off and before some one brings angry man into this thread :lol: this thread was an attempt at humour :lol: hence the fat middle aged men reference and dripping reference :lol:

Ooops!! ;) fell hook line and sinker for that one!

Felt good getting it off my chest though!!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:52 pm

brewer918 wrote:
samdm94 wrote:before any one gets into an arguement, before polo v barnett kicks off and before some one brings angry man into this thread :lol: this thread was an attempt at humour :lol: hence the fat middle aged men reference and dripping reference :lol:

Ooops!! ;) fell hook line and sinker for that one!

Felt good getting it off my chest though!!

:lol: :malky:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:06 pm

I have travelled to Asia on a few occasions since 2000, going to Singapore. K L. Vietnam. Thailand. Malasia, and I have never seen a Cardiff top, ain't been since V T took control; I went to Mauritius this yr and asked in a market about Cardiff City, the guy said that only PL teams get asked for, you only ever see the top teams kit on sale

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:07 pm

LLangynwyd Blue wrote:I have travelled to Asia on a few occasions since 2000, going to Singapore. K L. Vietnam. Thailand. Malasia, and I have never seen a Cardiff top, ain't been since V T took control; I went to Mauritius this yr and asked in a market about Cardiff City, the guy said that only PL teams get asked for, you only ever see the top teams kit on sale

show off

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:26 pm

LLangynwyd Blue wrote:I have travelled to Asia on a few occasions since 2000, going to Singapore. K L. Vietnam. Thailand. Malasia, and I have never seen a Cardiff top, ain't been since V T took control; I went to Mauritius this yr and asked in a market about Cardiff City, the guy said that only PL teams get asked for, you only ever see the top teams kit on sale

No different to when you go to Spain and see Manchester United, Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Celtic's kits in the market stalls to be honest. I've never seen a Spaniard asking for Stoke's latest away kit, have you? :laughing6:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:27 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:

No different to when you go to Spain and see Manchester United, Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Celtic's kits in the market stalls to be honest. I've never seen a Spaniard asking for Stoke's latest away kit, have you? :laughing6:

do they play rugby in spain ?