Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

iPhone help

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:33 pm

I was worst for wear last night and dropped my iPhone 4S down the toilet, got it out straight away but it won't work, won't turn on nothing. I got all my photos of my boy on there which are irreplaceable. My Icould has not got the photos as I stupidly didn't set it up propery. Is there anyway if getting the photos off the phone????

Cheers in advance chaps :ayatollah:

Re: iPhone help

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:36 pm

May be able to salvage the chip out of it but im not sure about the rest of the phone.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:38 pm

Ask Merlin mate. He is clued up when it comes to iPhones. He'll put an engine on it for you if you want. :thumbup:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:39 pm

dropebluebird wrote:May be able to salvage the chip out of it but im not sure about the rest of the phone.

Put the phone in a bag of rice, it draws all the moisture out, heard a few people say this works..worth a try.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:47 pm

wkdblue wrote:
dropebluebird wrote:May be able to salvage the chip out of it but im not sure about the rest of the phone.

Put the phone in a bag of rice, it draws all the moisture out, heard a few people say this works..worth a try.

Do this, put it straight in a bowl of rice, and pray you had your photos backed up to iCloud

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:47 pm

If you do get it working, download the dropbox app,its free, stick all your pics in that, and if your phone ever fucks up, you just log in to dropbox from any computer and your pics will be there, you wont lose anything...

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:55 pm

wkdblue wrote:If you do get it working, download the dropbox app,its free, stick all your pics in that, and if your phone ever fucks up, you just log in to dropbox from any computer and your pics will be there, you wont lose anything...

Such a good application. :ayatollah:

If you're at university or have a son/daughter at university as well you can get extra dropbox space which you'd probably need for photos.

Another option which is more expensive is to buy a Virtual Private Server with a monthly cost and then store everything you need on there as an automatic backup.

:thumbright:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:
wkdblue wrote:If you do get it working, download the dropbox app,its free, stick all your pics in that, and if your phone ever fucks up, you just log in to dropbox from any computer and your pics will be there, you wont lose anything...

If you're at university or have a son/daughter at university as well you can get extra dropbox space which you'd probably need for photos.

Another option which is more expensive is to buy a Virtual Private Server with a monthly cost and then store everything you need on there as an automatic backup.

I`m not a fan off paying for anything on the internet, there`s plenty of free storage to be had, like photobucket etc...

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:08 pm

wkdblue wrote:
HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:

I`m not a fan off paying for anything on the internet, there`s plenty of free storage to be had, like photobucket etc...

That is true but with a VPS there is a lot more you can do as well. At the end of the day im sure we'll both agree it comes down to the overall needs of the user. :thumbright:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:10 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:
wkdblue wrote:
HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:

That is true but with a VPS there is a lot more you can do as well. At the end of the day im sure we'll both agree it comes down to the overall needs of the user. :thumbright:

Indeed mate...I`m just a tight git.. :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:22 pm

I've heard about the rice thing as the other posters have said. Hope you get your photos back :ayatollah:

Make sure you sync to iCloud in the future :old:

Was looking at Dropbox as a few posters above mention, was wondering what people's opinions are on it? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Thanks for the advice chaps, my phone is sat in a big bowl of rice :malky:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:20 pm

the lanes in ely wrote:Thanks for the advice chaps, my phone is sat in a big bowl of rice :malky:

Make sure the rice is properly cooked or your phone will get salmonella. :thumbup:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:23 pm

the lanes in ely wrote:Thanks for the advice chaps, my phone is sat in a big bowl of rice :malky:

fried or boiled?? 8-)

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:24 pm

Leave it overnight and try turning it on in the morning, if it doesn't turn on, try holding the home and power button together for 10 seconds and hope the apple logo appears

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:13 pm

Special fried mate ;)

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:49 pm

Marc wrote:I've heard about the rice thing as the other posters have said. Hope you get your photos back :ayatollah:

Make sure you sync to iCloud in the future :old:

Was looking at Dropbox as a few posters above mention, was wondering what people's opinions are on it? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its great mate, i can log on, on my phone, laptop or tablet and view my pics anytime anywhere...

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Your phone won't work even after a bag of rice trick! (Why the f**k anyone thinks a bag of rice can fix a shorted battery is beyond me!) :lol:

Ge tin touch with me via pm mate, and ill arrange to strip your phone and have a look at it. Ill only charge you if I fix it! ;-)

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:07 pm

Merlin wrote:Your phone won't work even after a bag of rice trick! (Why the f**k anyone thinks a bag of rice can fix a shorted battery is beyond me!) :lol:

Ge tin touch with me via pm mate, and ill arrange to strip your phone and have a look at it. Ill only charge you if I fix it! ;-)

I'll send you my son's phone this week mate as well mate cheers :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:07 pm

By the way peeps, I use Dropbox (which is free on android) have to say - it is a class app as it backs up all my photos and videos automatically.... :malky:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:08 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Merlin wrote:Your phone won't work even after a bag of rice trick! (Why the f**k anyone thinks a bag of rice can fix a shorted battery is beyond me!) :lol:

I'll send you my son's phone this week mate as well mate cheers :ayatollah:

Cheers Carl. Part is here waiting, sure it'll be fine once I replace it. :-)