Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"LOOK AT ALL THIS SHIT WE HAVE PUT UP WITH"

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:22 pm

Remember ninian park with crowds of 1,500 all shouting "WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH"and"WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY"that was heartbreaking to hear but thats how bad we were.Remember our shady chairmen like clemo and khumar etc.Whenever we lost a game the fans would go into town and smash red dragon travel up(clemo's buisness).Remember some of our signings like andy saville,dave penny,jorn swinkledorf etc.Managers like alan durban,flynn and kenny hibbitt ffs!!! Look at us now though=20,000 season ticket holders(club say we could sell 35,000 if promoted)top manager in malky,can attract top players etc.Cardiff City fans be proud as "WE HAVE NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD"c'mon city get to the promised land.

Re: "LOOK AT ALL THIS SHIT WE HAVE PUT UP WITH"

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:28 pm

sir ninian wrote:Remember ninian park with crowds of 1,500 all shouting "WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH"and"WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY"that was heartbreaking to hear but thats how bad we were.Remember our shady chairmen like clemo and khumar etc.Whenever we lost a game the fans would go into town and smash red dragon travel up(clemo's buisness).Remember some of our signings like andy saville,dave penny,jorn swinkledorf etc.Managers like alan durban,flynn and kenny hibbitt ffs!!! Look at us now though=20,000 season ticket holders(club say we could sell 35,000 if promoted)top manager in malky,can attract top players etc.Cardiff City fans be proud as "WE HAVE NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD"c'mon city get to the promised land.

I will only worry about us being successful when we get our identity back, otherwise I will never be able to fully appreciate our success.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
sir ninian wrote:Remember ninian park with crowds of 1,500 all shouting "WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH"and"WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY"that was heartbreaking to hear but thats how bad we were.Remember our shady chairmen like clemo and khumar etc.Whenever we lost a game the fans would go into town and smash red dragon travel up(clemo's buisness).Remember some of our signings like andy saville,dave penny,jorn swinkledorf etc.Managers like alan durban,flynn and kenny hibbitt ffs!!! Look at us now though=20,000 season ticket holders(club say we could sell 35,000 if promoted)top manager in malky,can attract top players etc.Cardiff City fans be proud as "WE HAVE NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD"c'mon city get to the promised land.

I will only worry about us being successful when we get our identity back, otherwise I will never be able to fully appreciate our success.

yes that is the one thing that haunts me,hope it will change one day.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:38 pm

:old: :old:
sir ninian wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

:old: :malky: :ayatollah: same here mate

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:41 pm

sir ninian wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Me too. I agree with the rest of your points in your post mind. I went to my first game back in 1988 and the Eddie May era aside, they were some dark days. From a footballing only point of view, we haven't had it this good for many many years. It's just a shame this is all coming at an unnecessary price. But we really need promotion this season, if we are in 83m debt now, I shudder to think how much it will rise to if we are still in the Championship next season. Come on City! :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:45 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

We HAVE an identity...WE ARE CARDIFF CITY FC....colour change or not!!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:53 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Stop f*cking going then. Im sure there will be plenty if fans who WANT us to be successfull who will replace you.

Moaning fuckers like you are a waste of a seat.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

My opinion is the colour and badge determines the identity of every football club. Travelling away you stop at the services and sometimes see other fans in other shirts. If I'm not sure what shirts they are, the first thing I do is look at the badge and then I know who they are. This season, other fans probably do the same looking at our red shirts thinking we are Man Utd fans, then look at the badge and realise we are not Man Utd fans, but they don't recognise the badge and have no clue who we are. Our badge is the Bluebird, that's how opposing fans can tell we are Cardiff. Opposing fans cannot identity with our new badge this season as they don't know who we are. We might still be Cardiff City, but not the real Cardiff City imo.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Stop f*cking going then. Im sure there will be plenty if fans who WANT us to be successfull who will replace you.

I will still go because I will never give up supporting my local team, I pay lots of money supporting my team and that gives me the right air my views and have a moan about something I am unhappy about. If you can't appreciate that, then put me on ignore and don't read my posts.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:00 pm

The club should put you on ignore.

What sort of "fan" doesnt want success for his team!?!?!

They should ban you from the ground for transmitting negativity.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^ :malky: :ayatollah: :malky: :ayatollah: :malky:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:The club should put you on ignore.

What sort of "fan" doesnt want success for his team!?!?!

They should ban you from the ground for transmitting negativity.

Where did I say I didn't want success? :?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:10 pm

I think in 10 years time there will be about 30plus clubs wound up,as running a football club these days is doomed to failure.Therefore i believe we have been lucky to get this investment coz without it we would be fucked.I do agree with tonteg bluebird though(we paid the ultimate price).all that matters to me now is that we do well on the pitch-we will always be cardiff city.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:11 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Well said polo. We're pissing this league. Got a great squad. No Cardiff fan likes the change but its done for now. So get used to it stop crying and get behind our team for the run in. :malky:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:12 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Don't bother trying to explain to them. They won't listen.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:14 pm

ive never known crowds of 1500 ,only in the welsh cup etc we always had a hard core of 4k plus

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:21 pm

wez1927 wrote:ive never known crowds of 1500 ,only in the welsh cup etc we always had a hard core of 4k plus

I went to plenty of games with crowds of 1500-2000 crowds.tony clemo days with john williams and co playing,terrible times.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:25 pm

sir ninian wrote:I think in 10 years time there will be about 30plus clubs wound up,as running a football club these days is doomed to failure.Therefore i believe we have been lucky to get this investment coz without it we would be fucked.I do agree with tonteg bluebird though(we paid the ultimate price).all that matters to me now is that we do well on the pitch-we will always be cardiff city.

I agree. At some point in the next few years, probably when the next SKY deal is negotiated, the Premier League will add a second division. To get in this, you will need a new ground and decent crowds.

A lot of famous clubs could get caught out if they are in the lower 2 divisions when this happens, but the PL will then take virtually all of the TV money and cut the lower divisions loose. At least with our current backers we are in position to take advantage of this. It could also be a time when they look at getting Celtic and Rangers in. The traditionalists will hate it, but I think this is the way football is moving.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:27 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I agree :ayatollah: :malky: If you hate it dont go save people moaning about it all the time then :malky:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:35 pm

sir ninian wrote:
wez1927 wrote:ive never known crowds of 1500 ,only in the welsh cup etc we always had a hard core of 4k plus

I went to plenty of games with crowds of 1500-2000 crowds.tony clemo days with john williams and co playing,terrible times.

ive been going since 1987 and always remember league attendances over 4k a few cup games under that early 90 s welsh cup against maesteg park was proberly the worse ive been to 900 in the welsh cup

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:36 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
sir ninian wrote:I think in 10 years time there will be about 30plus clubs wound up,as running a football club these days is doomed to failure.Therefore i believe we have been lucky to get this investment coz without it we would be fucked.I do agree with tonteg bluebird though(we paid the ultimate price).all that matters to me now is that we do well on the pitch-we will always be cardiff city.

I agree. At some point in the next few years, probably when the next SKY deal is negotiated, the Premier League will add a second division. To get in this, you will need a new ground and decent crowds.

A lot of famous clubs could get caught out if they are in the lower 2 divisions when this happens, but the PL will then take virtually all of the TV money and cut the lower divisions loose. At least with our current backers we are in position to take advantage of this. It could also be a time when they look at getting Celtic and Rangers in. The traditionalists will hate it, but I think this is the way football is moving.

premier league 2 is already been talked about :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:37 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

This ^^^ :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:56 pm

wez1927 wrote:
sir ninian wrote:

ive been going since 1987 and always remember league attendances over 4k a few cup games under that early 90 s welsh cup against maesteg park was proberly the worse ive been to 900 in the welsh cup

yeah it was a bit earlier than that wez.how we survived i will never know.if it wasn't for carl dale(later days)we would have dropped out of the league(his goals were priceless).

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:59 pm

sir ninian wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
sir ninian wrote:

yeah it was a bit earlier than that wez.how we survived i will never know.if it wasn't for carl dale(later days)we would have dropped out of the league(his goals were priceless).

awesome player always remember him coming on against wrexham and scoring in the welsh cup but getting clattered in the process always a runner of lost causes :malky:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:02 pm

wez1927 wrote:
sir ninian wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
sir ninian wrote:

awesome player always remember him coming on against wrexham and scoring in the welsh cup but getting clattered in the process always a runner of lost causes :malky:

Carl Dale is my favourite ever City player. He would take a kicking from the big bruising centre backs all game, never give in, come back for more and then eventually get the better of them and score. Dale was my hero supporting City as a little junior Bluebird and he still remains my favourite ever City player to date. I'm positive he would have gone on to bang them in at a higher level if it wasn't for his serious knee injury. :ayatollah: