Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

will we ever become a plastic free City

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:46 pm

If we make it to the premier league and stay there as a comfortable top flight club will we ever see the end of the plastic fan culture in and around Cardiff. We all know the type of football fan that follows Man utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and whoever but don't even know who the City are playing that weekend and proudly boast that they will never go to the CCS and support their local club because there shit. I know fans of a certain age will probably never change but will we see the end of younger fans following UTD first and City second.

I would love to see the end of people in Cardiff openly slagging the Club off and just except that they are representing the city they were born in and be proud of the fact. I think it would take Ten yours to see and feel a real change in attitudes.

What do others think.

Re: will we ever become a plastic free City

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:49 pm

No I don't think so.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:51 pm

No there are people who are 100% true man utd fans they've not missed match of the day for years.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:52 pm

People, especially younger people are drawn to top flight teams, my kids follow City because of me obviously, the fans we will attract (if we go up) are of course younger kids who attention is brought onto city for the first time, and the Wembley only brigade who will attend in their droves, I honestly couldn't care less if fans are hardcore or plastic, as long as I have my seat I'm happy, full the ground week in week out for extra revenue for the club and I'll be a happy Bluebird!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:27 pm

kingdong wrote:No there are people who are 100% true man utd fans they've not missed match of the day for years.

those aren't plastic fans

the fans that never attend games but put the shirt on and waddle down their local to "support" a club that have only visited a couple times in their life

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:37 pm

In the majority of cases they will bring their kids up to support these teams, but we need to get to the P L, and be successful and then hope that we can bring them on board, but you will then get our own supporters calling them plastic because they only attend on a part time basis, you can't win.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:27 pm

With us there are far more kids interested in their local teams and far less tops of other clubs about. We have sold something like 30,000 replica tops this season alone. The pathetic middle aged pricks who support leeds, everton, liverpool and utd still do. Thankfully they arent for turning as tbh I have no interest in these nob heads at our club. IMO the kids are the key. Be great if more and more of them in swales finally forgot about the London and N west clubs and followed their local team.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:50 pm

NEVER

These morons buy their kids liverpool shirts, coats, tracksuits.etc.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Even Manchester has plastics supporting Chelsea and London has plastics supporting Manchester United. Every city has them and you'll never fully get rid of them. Im sure some people just do it to be different.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:38 pm

Capacity could stifle our progress in reducing plastics in Cardiff.

I hate to admit it but the Jacks chairman knowns his stuff and he is worried about the weekly shut out of potential new fans, especially the kids due to them technically selling out each week.
We will easily sell out next season (seal the deal Malky :malky: ) and if we matched the retention rate for the second season as the Jacks, a whole generation will miss top flight football in their own back yard, this may even breed resentment .

If we look like doing the business, Tan needs the extra 6000 seats in and keep prices low, this is South Wales, not the south east.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:10 pm

I know a man who was born and bred in Roath, never been to a City game in his life. However he has been a Manchester United season ticket holder since the 70s and so is his son now, again Cardiff born.

Are these people plastics in your eyes?

:old:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:09 am

There are plastics at every club, I don't know why people go on about them as if it's ONLY Cardiff who have them. People have just got to learn to deal with it, I have.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:15 am

JonCCFC wrote:There are plastics at every club, I don't know why people go on about them as if it's ONLY Cardiff who have them. People have just got to learn to deal with it, I have.

Totally agree.

If any club wants to succeed they NEED these plastic fans.

Our fans moan about the attendances then moan about the plastics when the attendances increase. Madness.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:38 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:I know a man who was born and bred in Roath, never been to a City game in his life. However he has been a Manchester United season ticket holder since the 70s and so is his son now, again Cardiff born.

Are these people plastics in your eyes?

:old:

Yes.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:32 am

Gavlar wrote:People, especially younger people are drawn to top flight teams, my kids follow City because of me obviously, the fans we will attract (if we go up) are of course younger kids who attention is brought onto city for the first time, and the Wembley only brigade who will attend in their droves, I honestly couldn't care less if fans are hardcore or plastic, as long as I have my seat I'm happy, full the ground week in week out for extra revenue for the club and I'll be a happy Bluebird!

I'm probably a 'plastic' though I'm not sure what one is really. I try to bring my flask of home made soup to the match . . .

I love watching premiership football and following all the ins and outs and ups and downs.

We live in a celebrity culture. Bellamy is a celeb and we all love him - the kids because he's well known and us Cardiff fans because he contributes so much in terms of effort and determination and skill.

Young fans may be motivated by the glamour (I never thought I'd mention glamour and city in the same sentence!) but lots of them will become Cardiff City Bluebirds supporters and enjoy the thrills and despair of supporting their team come rain or shine. How they're introduced into the club doesn't matter even if their parents are 'plastic'.

Let's hear it for the 'plastics' and long may they be the springboard for some lifelong city supporters.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :malky: :malky:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:04 am

JonCCFC wrote:There are plastics at every club, I don't know why people go on about them as if it's ONLY Cardiff who have them. People have just got to learn to deal with it, I have.

Agreed.

At least if we do get there then there will be 26,000 filled out and everyone will be mainly true fans.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:08 am

bluebird1972 wrote:
kingdong wrote:No there are people who are 100% true man utd fans they've not missed match of the day for years.

those aren't plastic fans

the fans that never attend games but put the shirt on and waddle down their local to "support" a club that have only visited a couple times in their life

I was being sarcastic :lol:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Plastic Fans!!! This term seams to be used as a status thing. Some people who may have seen city in the old fourth division seam to think they are superior to those people who have been buying season tickets for the last 4-5 years. So my message to those you that think you are superior fans is that without all the so-called plastics there would be less than 10,000 people in attendance, so if we are to go anywhere as a club, looking to draw in bigger and bigger crowds then the "Sleeping Giant" will need plastic, metal or any other "type" of person to buy a seat at the CCS. The sooner everyone accepts this the better!!!! :old:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:18 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:

Agreed.

At least if we do get there then there will be 26,000 filled out and everyone will be mainly true fans.

Everyone is a plastic unless they invest £2m of their children's inheritance like Steve Borley. That's a real fan. :old:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:40 pm

bluebird1972 wrote: the fans that never attend games but put the shirt on and waddle down their local to "support" a club that have only visited a couple times in their life

Sounds like Barnett.

He writes a blog on Cardiff City yet goes to maybe 2 or 3 games a season. :lol:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:16 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote: the fans that never attend games but put the shirt on and waddle down their local to "support" a club that have only visited a couple times in their life

Sounds like Barnett.

Lies. I go to around 12 games a season as that's all I can afford. You're not even from Cardiff pal. You're just a pretender who jumped on the bandwagon. Enough said.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:26 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

Sounds like Barnett.

Lies. I go to around 12 games a season as that's all I can afford. You're not even from Cardiff pal. You're just a pretender who jumped on the bandwagon. Enough said.

Was going before you were born :lol:

And how dare you tell others to support their local club when you cant be arsed to support yours. :lol:

The people of Cardiff are lucky to have us supporters from the surrounding towns or it would have folded years ago. 55% at last count, thats more than half to those not good at arithmetic.

Besides, I have a Cardiff postcode. You dont.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:31 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Was going before you were born :lol:

Congratulations, we have a winner.

And how dare you tell others to support their local club when you cant be arsed to support yours. :lol:

I've supported the club for many years, buy merchandise every year, had a season ticket for many years, etc. I'll tell you what I like and I'll happily tell you to your face as well. I'll even assist you in your gambling problem.

The people of Cardiff are lucky to have us supporters from the surrounding towns or it would have folded years ago. 55% at last count, thats more than half to those not good at arithmetic.

Oh thank you your royal highness. Merthyr's finest kept Cardiff afloat. Thats a new one for the next book. Maybe we can do a whole chapter on it.

Besides, I have a Cardiff postcode. You dont.

Yes I do, CF3. Get your facts right Merthyr's finest. Where would we ever be without your wisdom and great donation to the club? Maybe Tan will rename us Mario Polotelli FC in your honour next season for your great support.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Tell me to my face? :lol:

Unlikely as I dont ever plan to visit Aberystwyth and you cant afford / have enough desire / cant get out of your arm chair to come down the City to watch the team you proclaim to "Support". :lol:

Now run along plastic Stevie Hawkins. We wouldnt want you crying to the mods again.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:15 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

Sounds like Barnett.

So you can only support Cardiff if your from there? :lol: :lol: priceless.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:32 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Tell me to my face? :lol:

Yeah I would tell you without hesitation gamblers anonymous. [/quote]

Unlikely as I dont ever plan to visit Aberystwyth and you cant afford / have enough desire / cant get out of your arm chair to come down the City to watch the team you proclaim to "Support". :lol:

I go to all the games I can afford.

Now run along plastic Stevie Hawkins. We wouldnt want you crying to the mods again.

Yeah bye bye gamblers anonymous. All the best curing your addiction. Childrens inheritance down the drain all the way. Red or black, red or black, red or black....hmmmmm.....enjoy your coke though this weekend.

You know the worlds become a joke when a self confessed coke head, gambler who throws his childrens inheritance down the drain whilst not giving a crap about his customers is trying to give advice to others. Its like Hitler running for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Id probably be on the sniff and stronger though if I was from there as well. At least in that sense I can sympathize with you.

Enjoy being bitter and maybe one day when one of your children gives you a smack because they will get to that age where they realise you're a bell, you'll wise up.

Lots of love xx

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:43 pm

Bitter? Why would I be bitter? I can afford all my vices, mortgage, kids who want for nothing, top quality clothing labels, 5 star holidays, weekends away with the wife or lads and still afford a season ticket for the club I "support".

You cannot even afford the bus fare from Aberystwyth you crip. :lol:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:52 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Bitter? Why would I be bitter? I can afford all my vices, mortgage, kids who want for nothing, top quality clothing labels, 5 star holidays, weekends away with the wife or lads and still afford a season ticket for the club I "support".

This is hilarious :lol: it will soon be locked and deleted :lol:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:53 pm

I can afford it about once per month....and....your point is......? :? Not everyone is as well off as you.

Call me a cripple all you want smack head but we both know the truth and your children one day will see you for who you really are as well.

Wind people up to provoke a reaction and then get them banned. Got you sussed Merthyr's finest. I'm out before I become the next victim of Polo's ban list. No doubt you'll reply to this. You just can't help yourself but in person you would do naff all. All the best hombre xx

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:05 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:

I can afford it about once per month....and....your point is......? :? Not everyone is as well off as you.

Call me a cripple all you want smack head but we both know the truth and your children one day will see you for who you really are as well.

Wind people up to provoke a reaction and then get them banned. Got you sussed Merthyr's finest. I'm out before I become the next victim of Polo's ban list. No doubt you'll reply to this. You just can't help yourself but in person you would do naff all. All the best hombre xx

You choose to get personal Stevie. All because ive pointed out you are a City plastic. :lol:

Until we meet in person.....

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: