Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stuart Fleetwood,

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:10 pm

On SSN, remember him a few years ago. I thought he was a handy young player at the time he left us.

Re: Stuart Fleeetwood,

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:13 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:On SSN, remember him a few years ago. I thought he was a handy young player at the time he left us.

Yes , then he scored a shed load for forest green I think . Think he moved to Charlton however looks like he may have gone backwards if currently at Luton

Re: Stuart Fleetwood,

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Think he always THOUGHT that he was better than he was

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:20 pm

john52 wrote:Think he always THOUGHT that he was better than he was

I presume that Lennie Lawrence must have thought the same as well?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Thanks to him I stretched my ligaments in my ankle while playing in a friendly for Ponty Town.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:24 pm

A good conference player

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:27 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Thanks to him I stretched my ligaments in my ankle while playing in a friendly for Ponty Town.

I remember watching a game v Ponty in the "Park" pre season around 2001, Leon Jeanne & Scott McCulloch were playing in the City 11 at that game. Did you play?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Genuinely nice lad, banged them in for forest green and Carlton... Why you think he took a back step? Luton pay better wages than anyone in league two, easily on 2 a week.

Still a big Cardiff and west ham fan too.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:23 pm

Genuinely nice lad, banged them in for forest green and Carlton... Why you think he took a back step? Luton pay better wages than anyone in league two, easily on 2 a week.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:27 pm

cecilccfc wrote:Genuinely nice lad, banged them in for forest green and Carlton... Why you think he took a back step? Luton pay better wages than anyone in league two, easily on 2 a week.

He took a backward step because he was at Charlton now he's back where he started.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Banged them in for charlton?? :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:49 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Banged them in for charlton?? :lol:

He must be on about Charlton reserves :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:17 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Thanks to him I stretched my ligaments in my ankle while playing in a friendly for Ponty Town.

I remember watching a game v Ponty in the "Park" pre season around 2001, Leon Jeanne & Scott McCulloch were playing in the City 11 at that game. Did you play?

That was a little before my time. My brother possibly played.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Seem to remember he did well at Hairyfud.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:33 pm

I don't think the car crash with nicky fish helped fleetwood, he never kicked on. A decent semi pro player really with a good turn of pace.

We also had alex lawless on our books, he wasn't given a YTS and left at 16. So good luck to both lads. Alex was a decent lad and not a bad right back. nothing bad to say against either of them, hope luton do millwall!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:47 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:I don't think the car crash with nicky fish helped fleetwood, he never kicked on. A decent semi pro player really with a good turn of pace.

We also had alex lawless on our books, he wasn't given a YTS and left at 16. So good luck to both lads. Alex was a decent lad and not a bad right back. nothing bad to say against either of them, hope luton do millwall!

Alex Lawless, lad from the Rhondda?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:26 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:I don't think the car crash with nicky fish helped fleetwood, he never kicked on. A decent semi pro player really with a good turn of pace.

Yeah he was from up that way. played for Ton Prentre after leaving Cardiff, then moved onto Fulham i think.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:40 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:

Yeah Alex is from Penygraig - played in the same under 17's team as me. Good lad. Always nice to see a local boy doing well :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:59 pm

He's only 26 according to one newspaper today, I thought he was older than that given he played for us ages ago.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Yeah fleetwood would be 26/27 and lawless 27/28