Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tony Fernandes twitter rant / he could walk away from QPR

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:59 pm

QPR chairman Tony Fernandes says he will leave the club if he cannot "fix" their problems.
The R's are bottom of the Premier League and lost 4-2 at home to League One MK Dons in the FA Cup on Saturday.

Fernandes said on Twitter: "Many fans attacking me. Doing our best. As I said we won't stop trying.
"As I have said many times I take all responsibility and will face the music. Always spirit up. If can't fix it I will be first to go.

The Malaysian businessman took over QPR in August 2011 on their return to the Premier League.
In January 2012 he sacked Neil Warnock, the manager who led them to promotion, with the club sitting one place outside the relegation zone.

His replacement, Mark Hughes, kept them up on the final day of the season.
The former Wales boss was then sacked in November after the club failed to win any of their opening 12 Premier League games, with a large proportion of his 11 summer signings criticised.

Hughes was replaced by Harry Redknapp, with the former Tottenham boss implying he would not spend much money on transfers in January if they were adrift at the bottom of the table.
However Fernandes then allowed him to break the club record to sign striker Loic Remy from Marseille for £8m, with his wages believed to be £80,000 a week.

Remy missed the Dons defeat with a tight hamstring.

Re: Tony Fernandes twitter rant

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Oh dear, wouldn't fancy being a QPR fan is he walks away with their wage structure!

He's fuming because fans are 'attacking him'

Malaysian bashers take note, and be careful what you wish for

Re: Tony Fernandes twitter rant / he could walk away from QP

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:11 pm

The answer to thier problems are simple..

Change the shirts to red.. :D

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:19 pm

Gavlar wrote:Oh dear, wouldn't fancy being a QPR fan is he walks away with their wage structure!

Yes there's many of our fans who are biting at the bit and waiting for us to slip up so they can vent their frustrations on our owners

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:24 pm

Dicey wrote:
Gavlar wrote:Oh dear, wouldn't fancy being a QPR fan is he walks away with their wage structure!

Yes there's many of our fans who are biting at the bit and waiting for us to slip up so they can vent their frustrations on our owners

They are not fans. They are idiots like Adam Brown.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Dicey wrote:

They are not fans. They are idiots like Adam Brown.

Oh there are plenty :lol: :lol: :lol:

My favourites are the ones who say:

'Brilliant signing Malky, what a GREAT player. YOU have done amazing to sign him MALKY
and the new Training Ground and the more professional attitude that YOU have single-handedly
instigated. And the bills YOU are paying Malky, and thanks for paying the taxman MALKY'.

'Erm.. excuse me mate, but didnt Vincent Tan pay for all that stuff??'

'NO, IM NOT LISTENING LALALALALALALALALALA... IVE GOT MY FINGERS OVER MY EARS'

Donuts!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:42 pm

:lol:

If Sky / media thought Nigel Adkins / Steve Kean were harshly treated they aint seen nothing yet.

God help in the Prem where we will lose more than we win and inevitably take a few beatings.

We can all see it coming a mile off next season.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:45 pm

Easy root out for Fernandes, because if they go down they are massively fcked anyway.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:27 pm

Tony Fernandes comes across as a used car salesman. I can't imagine Tan or TG washing their dirty linen on something like Twitter - and rightly so

No matter what anything thinks of Tan and the distasteful rebrand, the club has moved forward in every aspect of its professionalism in the three years they've been here

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:50 pm

CityGent wrote:Tony Fernandes comes across as a used car salesman. I can't imagine Tan or TG washing their dirty linen on something like Twitter - and rightly so

No matter what anything thinks of Tan and the distasteful rebrand, the club has moved forward in every aspect of its professionalism in the three years they've been here

TG has Twitter doesn't he?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:57 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:
CityGent wrote:Tony Fernandes comes across as a used car salesman. I can't imagine Tan or TG washing their dirty linen on something like Twitter - and rightly so

TG has Twitter doesn't he?

Difference between having twitter and washing your dirty linen on it though?
I still remember Fernandes twitter account asking fans on suggestions of signings for warnock :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:58 pm

TG does, but he only tweets generally congrats and replies to fans with basic info, nothing important about himself and the club

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:11 pm

Borley is prone to the odd twitter rant though mate.. :lol: