Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MALKY MACKAY HAS APPEALED TO THE FANS "

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:47 pm

On Thursday at the travel group meeting Wayne Nash told us that Malky was being kept updated about the situation of the Leeds game and Malky said to Wayne "I want as many City fans there as possible, it makes a huge difference to the team when they run out and see their support, the Leicester game was probably by far the best support we have had this season and it made the difference"

So can let's do it for Malky and the boys, lets go and support them at Leeds :ayatollah:

I understand apart from the official supporters buses I am the only other travel group representative organising transport for City fans to Elland Road.

" LEEDS UTD AWAY "

If you want to book I got 15 seats left viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103171 :ayatollah:

Re: " MALKY MACKAY HAS APPEALED TO THE FANS "

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:57 pm

I'll be there :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:03 pm

If he wants to pay for our tickets then be my guest :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:06 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:If he wants to pay for our tickets then be my guest :ayatollah:

:lol:

Bet it didn't even cross his mind. This sport is becoming middle class.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:08 pm

Very true, although since the country doesn't have jobs anymore, working class doesn't exist! :D

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:Very true, although since the country doesn't have jobs anymore, working class doesn't exist! :D

The divide grows.

When the rest of country decides to rise up, I'll be there. :D

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:11 pm

I'll be there,
I cant really afford it but it feels like the team needs us for this one and they deserve our support :malky:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:12 pm

Wayne S wrote:
I Bleed Blue wrote:If he wants to pay for our tickets then be my guest :ayatollah:

Bet it didn't even cross his mind. This sport is becoming middle class.

Yeah well if it helps the players how about them sponsoring the fans.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:12 pm

Did Wayne inform malky of the extortionate ticket prices, the restrictions and the treatment of city fans by the police and then the stewards.
Not to be negative and I understand malkys opinion of the more fans the better but I hope he understands if many fans choose not to bother.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:15 pm

Why dont MM say him and the players will chip in and pay for the forum coaches carl or ST holders who have attended x amount of games this season away from home, that way he can get all the supporters he wants, I dont think MM is on the same wave lengh when it comes to the normal persons finances and why there wont be even 700 there i doubt for the shocking prices and the way they treat us there f**k leeds :shock:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:22 pm

carlccfc wrote:On Thursday at the travel group meeting Wayne Nash told us that Malky was being kept updated about the situation of the Leeds game and Malky said to Wayne "I want as many City fans there as possible, it makes a huge difference to the team when they run out and see their support, the Leicester game was probably by far the best support we have had this season and it made the difference"

So can let's do it for Malky and the boys, lets go and support them at Leeds :ayatollah:

I understand apart from the official supporters buses I am the only other travel group representative organising transport for City fans to Elland Road.

" LEEDS UTD AWAY "

Be nice if the club said they would pay for the bus up there for fans.. that would get some numbers up there

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:28 pm

Beasty1988 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:On Thursday at the travel group meeting Wayne Nash told us that Malky was being kept updated about the situation of the Leeds game and Malky said to Wayne "I want as many City fans there as possible, it makes a huge difference to the team when they run out and see their support, the Leicester game was probably by far the best support we have had this season and it made the difference"

" LEEDS UTD AWAY "

Be nice if the club said they would pay for the bus up there for fans.. that would get some numbers up there

Think when was the last time the club did anything like that for fans? other clubs do it :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:29 pm

i'll go if we sign Becchio just to see their faces!
:malky: :old: :D :old: :ayatollah: :malky:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:39 pm

I'd gladly go If i had the funds.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:41 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Beasty1988 wrote:

" LEEDS UTD AWAY "

Think when was the last time the club did anything like that for fans? other clubs do it :ayatollah:

If I am correct Ian, I think the Supporters club did something for Ipswich away a couple of seasons ago.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:48 pm

Finances in this sport are out of control. The odd free bus isn't gonna help, where did it go so wrong?

Surely the German league should be followed.

Wasn't it Stokes chairman who tried to push the Premier League chairman to pay for their away fans travel? They reckoned it would cost a club about £1.2 million per season a drop in the ocean for Premier clubs.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Beasty1988 wrote:

" LEEDS UTD AWAY "

If I am correct Ian, I think the Supporters club did something for Ipswich away a couple of seasons ago.

Exactly thats just it a few season ago, the club the players whoever should do something for the fans, i mean MM wants as many there as he can get yet does he realise its a min of 100quid to go to leeds for a ticket and bus plus day out only to be treated like dirt up there, i doubt it very much. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:32 pm

" LEEDS UTD AWAY "

Well hopefully when Malky and the team see our piss poor support there, they will realise that something is very wrong with the way that away supporters in general and ours in particular are being treated. Hopefully, it may spur the club into fighting a lot harder for a fairer deal in the future.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:41 pm

Surely some of the players have found out via twitter or representatives of the club that we get treat like shit at elland road,maybe club capatin mark hudson could pass this on to malky
Completely agree that our support at leicester helped earn the 3 points but can see why a lot of city will give leeds a miss especially with huddesrfield the week after

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:10 am

" LEEDS UTD AWAY "

If you want to book I got 15 seats left http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 2&t=103171 :ayatollah:

TELL him to put his hand in his pocket and pay 36 quid each for all fo us to go then!!!!!!!! :old:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:43 am

If they cant pay for our travel can you ask MM to send one of the fringe players down to wooley edge to get my ticket please?
If Kaddem Harris could just drop my tickets into town centre I can stay in the pub! :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:14 am

" LEEDS UTD AWAY "

Out of interest Carl if 25 of the squad including Malky donated £100 each how many free buses would you be able to provide for people who have travelled with you before but can't afford this trip.
A bit of realism on the part of some of these highly paid players would not go amiss.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:28 am

steve davies wrote:

" LEEDS UTD AWAY "

If you want to book I got 15 seats left http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 2&t=103171 :ayatollah:

Out of interest Carl if 25 of the squad including Malky donated £100 each how many free buses would you be able to provide for people who have travelled with you before but can't afford this trip.
A bit of realism on the part of some of these highly paid players would not go amiss.

On the other hand if they didn't go to Dubai they could of used that money to fund a big support at LEEDS - all about priorities!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:33 am

The look on there faces if we did manage to fill the away end or even take a good 1,500 up there for 1 the police would fukin hate it. As for leeds every other team seems to take good numbers there???

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:50 am

Beasty1988 wrote:The look on there faces if we did manage to fill the away end or even take a good 1,500 up there for 1 the police would fukin hate it. As for leeds every other team seems to take good numbers there???

I was thinking the exact same thing... how come everyone else takes loads to Leeds?

We seem to have been boycotting this fixture for years with lets be honest no effect... other than a rather embarrassing empty looking away end. :(

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:11 pm

steve davies wrote:

" LEEDS UTD AWAY "

Steve, as much as I think Leeds ticket price is vastly overpriced, at £36 it would probably be one of the cheapest prices we pay next season.

What happens then ?

Do we ask that the players cough up again and again ?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:45 pm

carlccfc wrote:
steve davies wrote:

" LEEDS UTD AWAY "

Steve, as much as I think Leeds ticket price is vastly overpriced, at £36 it would probably be one of the cheapest prices we pay next season.

What happens then ?

Do we ask that the players cough up again and again ?

No Carl that's not my point.
These are exceptional circumstances where we have no home games for over a month with the next three games away from home.
Most people can not afford them all and I would assume given a choice people would as ticket sales show will do Huddersfield and wolves over the hassle from the police and stewards at Leeds.
Pm me the cost of the coach if you like

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:35 pm

I know this is a game where some of our fans wouldn't go even if it was free, but I think the club should be offering something for this particular game.

The league hasn't helped with this stupid 2 away/home schedule most of the season, especially with Leeds/Huddersfield in 2 weeks.

I will be going regardless, but for the extra numbers at Leeds, come on City help the fans who follow you all around the country.

:malky:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:54 pm

A lot of us follow the club around the country :malky: It's not the cost for me, it's being treated like shit by the stewards and coppers up there, that's why I'm giving it a miss. I do however feel for the players due to the lack of support they will have at a time when they really need it, and it could make a differance. Just sing all the louder at Huddersfield. :ayatollah: