Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF V LEICESTER TO BE RESCHEDULED

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:35 pm

Due to Leicester having a replay in the FA Cup and International games being played on the 5th and 6th of Feb their replay will now take place on the 12th, the day we were due to play them.

Our fixture now looks likely to be February 26th or 27th, if both clubs agree.

Re: CARDIFF V LEICESTER TO BE RESCHEDULED

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Seriously pissed off about this, paid out on a non-refundable hotel. f**k sake.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Very happy, I can go now :D

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:54 pm

for god's sake. Booked that Tuesday off work so could make it, and now won't be able to come if it's the week of the 26th Feb. Football really doesn't care about the fan, does it!!

Please play it in March instead!! ;)

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:04 pm

We can't play it on the 26th if we are at Wolves on the 24th ,I would of thought,please discuss !!!!!

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:04 pm

Hold off booking anything, the week of the 26th will be FA Cup 5th round replay week. :twisted:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Carl, bit confused here! Leicester and Huddersfield are playing on the 12th? We are still at Huddersfield on the 9th? Is that correct?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:28 pm

thats really annoying, it's half term so family end should have been fuller compared to a normal evening game

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:07 pm

Before this game was moved we had 3 midweek home games in 4 weeks.

If we play this game on the 26th/27th Feb, we will have home midweek games in 3 consecutive weeks. That can't be right surely. How can that be fair on the fans??

Not to mention they will be playing just days before the next round, so their opposition won't know who (or maybe even where) the are playing until little over 72 hours before kickoff.

If 4th round replay date is the 5th Feb then that is when their game should be played, and leave ours as it is!

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:08 pm

Why does Leicester have to be so shit and draw? :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:14 pm

Happy now will be back for that date get in there

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:50 am

carlccfc wrote:Due to Leicester having a replay in the FA Cup and International games being played on the 5th and 6th of Feb their replay will now take place on the 12th, the day we were due to play them.

The BBC football site still got the replay down for the 5th, have a look..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fixtures

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:52 am

Well its defo the 12th
http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/260113 ... 21161.aspx

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:55 am

ozzy31 wrote:Well its defo the 12th
http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/260113 ... 21161.aspx

Bloody BBC, i want a rebate on my licence fee.. :D

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:39 am

Unless Leicester and Huddersfield are going to lose lots of players to the international games [unlikely], I can't see what is the reason for them not to play on the 5th.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:21 am

LCFC
Home• News• Terriers Replay Date Confirmed
Terriers Replay Date Confirmed
Posted: Sat 26 Jan 2013

City’s FA Cup with Budweiser Fourth Round Replay against Huddersfield Town will take place at King Power Stadium on Tuesday 12 February (kick-off 7.45pm).
The Foxes and the Terriers played out a 1-1 draw at the John Smith’s Stadium on Saturday, meaning a fourth meeting between the two sides this season will be required to determine who advances to the last 16.

The replay means that Leicester’s trip to Cardiff City in the npower Championship, scheduled to take place on the same night (Tuesday 12 February), will be rearranged. In addition, Blackburn Rovers’ progress in the FA Cup with Budweiser will mean their trip to King Power Stadium on Saturday 16 February will also be rescheduled.

Ticket prices, on-sale dates and Season Ticket Holder exclusivity over their own seats for the Huddersfield replay at King Power Stadium will be confirmed shortly.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:LCFC
Home• News• Terriers Replay Date Confirmed
Terriers Replay Date Confirmed
Posted: Sat 26 Jan 2013

City’s FA Cup with Budweiser Fourth Round Replay against Huddersfield Town will take place at King Power Stadium on Tuesday 12 February (kick-off 7.45pm).
The Foxes and the Terriers played out a 1-1 draw at the John Smith’s Stadium on Saturday, meaning a fourth meeting between the two sides this season will be required to determine who advances to the last 16.

The replay means that Leicester’s trip to Cardiff City in the npower Championship, scheduled to take place on the same night (Tuesday 12 February), will be rearranged. In addition, Blackburn Rovers’ progress in the FA Cup with Budweiser will mean their trip to King Power Stadium on Saturday 16 February will also be rescheduled.

Ticket prices, on-sale dates and Season Ticket Holder exclusivity over their own seats for the Huddersfield replay at King Power Stadium will be confirmed shortly.

The later we play Leicester the better, more chnace of Wood being injured or suspended!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:19 pm

Bit peed off has I won't be the country for the rescheduled game.
But I have a feeling that someone at Leicester has hopefully made a mistake.

Their fixture list shows their rescheduled FA reply with Huddersfield on the 5th Feb .

I will wait until Cardiff have announced the change , should there be one.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:04 pm

if you go on Leicester's Fixtures they say they are playing them on the 5th

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Always Blue wrote:if you go on Leicester's Fixtures they say they are playing them on the 5th

It does too...

Looks like the BBC were right after all..

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:30 pm

Why have Leicester not put a section on their website to say that the game with us has been put back to 12th Feb?

The story about the Huddersfield replay being 12th Feb is still on their website

Toss a coin for which section is correct
:old:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:35 pm

carlccfc wrote:Due to Leicester having a replay in the FA Cup and International games being played on the 5th and 6th of Feb their replay will now take place on the 12th, the day we were due to play them.

Better not be the 26th It's my 30th Wedding anniverary, my 29th Anniversary was at Wembley against Liverpool, the missus
won't be happy with me again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:47 pm

It won't be Tues 26th as we've got a game on Sunday 24th away to Wolves.

If it is that week, it will definately be Wed 27th.

:ayatollah:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:58 pm

I see that Leicester's official Leicester website fixture list now has us AND Huddersfield playing them on 12th Feb.

I think my bet is going on our game being put back to 27th

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:18 pm

Ianto True Fan wrote:I see that Leicester's official Leicester website fixture list now has us AND Huddersfield playing them on 12th Feb.

i always remember playing a cup final in the morning and another cup game in the afternoon as a kid for pengam ;) , make them play both games!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:23 pm

So when is it? :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:59 pm

It's a f*cking joke. They pick and choose when games have to be rescheduled due to Internationals. League Cup ties are played directly against them.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:01 pm

PtB wrote:

It's a f*cking joke. They pick and choose when games have to be rescheduled due to Internationals. League Cup ties are played directly against them.

:notworthy: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:22 am

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/Fixtures

Any idea when the club will let us know when the Leicester game is?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:48 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Ianto True Fan wrote:I see that Leicester's official Leicester website fixture list now has us AND Huddersfield playing them on 12th Feb.

i always remember playing a cup final in the morning and another cup game in the afternoon as a kid for pengam ;) , make them play both games!

As long as our game is second lol :ayatollah: