Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

what's the point to the spl ?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:14 pm

:lol: only 2 teams will ever have a chance of winning it, boring football, really low crowds. how could you improve that league ?

Re: what's the point to the spl ?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:15 pm

It's Malky's scouting league. :laughing6:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:16 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:It's Malky's scouting league. :laughing6:

:lol: :lol: :malky: :malky: :malky:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:16 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:It's Malky's scouting league. :laughing6:

"there cardiff city fc scouting league" sounds good

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:32 pm

samdm94 wrote::lol: only 2 teams will ever have a chance of winning it, boring football, really low crowds. how could you improve that league ?

With all due respect we follow a team who want to get into the English version that only 4 teams have a realistic chance of winning.......

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:35 pm

PtB wrote:
samdm94 wrote::lol: only 2 teams will ever have a chance of winning it, boring football, really low crowds. how could you improve that league ?

With all due respect we follow a team who want to get into the English version that only 4 teams have a realistic chance of winning.......

I'm not so sure, every season the title race seems to be more open.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Paul is spot on..
Only a few teams are capable of winning EPL.

Lets not forget where many of our players and managers learned and applied their trade before they came to Cardiff.

Rangers and Celtic are both known worldwide with a massive fan bases.

We can only dream to be as well known as the old firm.

Perhaps A South Wales derby in the top flight will go someway to making us more well known worldwide, but we are a long way away from the stature of the Glasgow giants who play in the leagues that so many in England and Wales Mock.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:22 pm

all of that is all well and good lads but how could you improve the league ?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:29 pm

Sadly the league is its own downfall.
Fans to governing bodies in Scotland are the makers of their own mess.

Explanation as to Why 2 teams average 50-60k per home game when other clubs are lucky to get 8-10k.

Glory hunters....

Governing body that has no backbone and constantly makes silly and occasionally embarrassing decisions.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:23 pm

aj1927 wrote:Sadly the league is its own downfall.
Fans to governing bodies in Scotland are the makers of their own mess.

Explanation as to Why 2 teams average 50-60k per home game when other clubs are lucky to get 8-10k.

Glory hunters....

Governing body that has no backbone and constantly makes silly and occasionally embarrassing decisions.

Absolutely spot on. When SPL was first mooted it was the Clydebank MD who was most against it. He warned clubs of the dangers and since then the Scottish game has saw around a dozen clubs in admin, 3 liquidated and 2 relocated and in effect killed off.

Our MD is the biggest c**t i've known but he was spot on. He labelled it the Self Preservation League. He was 100% correct, it was to preserve 2 teams. Even when Rangers went down the pan they tried to force the smaller clubs into admitting the new entity into the highest level possible. 12 12 18 isnt the answer. It's a pity that everyone labels it boring. Since I moved 4 years ago I've seen a fair bit of it. Some teams play attractive football and there is a lot of young talent being produced but until the glory hunters start following their local teams or the Old Firm leave, I can't see the gap closing.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Down to 1 now,Celtic will have no competition until rangers get back to the spl

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:37 pm

caerblue wrote:

exactly, celtic and rangers are big enough to be in the english football pyramid

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:45 pm

samdm94 wrote:
caerblue wrote:

exactly, celtic and rangers are big enough to be in the english football pyramid

Two massive clubs,with massive support,if they could find a way to join the English league,they'd join in a flash

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:51 pm

Theres only ever 2 teams in the EPL title race

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:52 pm

Whats everyone's opinions on the reformation of the leagues?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:56 pm

griffy wrote:Whats everyone's opinions on the reformation of the leagues?

complicated

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:00 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Theres only ever 2 teams in the EPL title race

epl is exciting though, watching a spl game is like going to a dinner party with a bunch of old ladies from belgium, boring as f**k

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:10 pm

samdm94 wrote:

epl is exciting though, watching a spl game is like going to a dinner party with a bunch of old ladies from belgium, boring as f**k

:lol:

I fingered a Belgian girl in Calles De Majorca in 1990. Veronica.

She wasnt old though.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
samdm94 wrote:

She wasnt old though.

LAD. :notworthy:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:57 am

samdm94 wrote:

How many SPL games do you watch? I was at Aberdeen v Dundee United4 weeks ago. Finished 2-2, smashing end to end game and the atmosphere was buzzing. Was more entertaining than out games v Millwall & Ipswich to be fair.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:17 am

PtB wrote:
samdm94 wrote:

How many SPL games do you watch? I was at Aberdeen v Dundee United4 weeks ago. Finished 2-2, smashing end to end game and the atmosphere was buzzing. Was more entertaining than out games v Millwall & Ipswich to be fair.

from the age of 13-16 i was a season ticket holder with glasgow rangers in the west enclosure seat w222 :lol: for 3 years i went to every home league rangers game with my mothers ex husband :lol: i know what i'm talking about :lol: the first season i watched them was the last season alex mcleish was in charge when rangers finished 3rd.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:17 am

Maybe they can join the Welsh LEAGUE :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:53 pm

samdm94 wrote:
PtB wrote:
samdm94 wrote:

from the age of 13-16 i was a season ticket holder with glasgow rangers in the west enclosure seat w222 :lol: for 3 years i went to every home league rangers game with my mothers ex husband :lol: i know what i'm talking about :lol: the first season i watched them was the last season alex mcleish was in charge when rangers finished 3rd.

Then you're well educated to know that the Scottish game is in such a mess because of the Old Firm.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:01 pm

PtB wrote:
samdm94 wrote:
PtB wrote:
samdm94 wrote:

Then you're well educated to know that the Scottish game is in such a mess because of the Old Firm.

so really, the only way the scottish game can get better is by moving the old firm and the spl keeping sky deal so that their is still money in the game ? (people dont really tend to support their local team as rangers/celtic is drummed into them as a kid)

if celtic and rangers moved down south who would be the dominant force in scotland ?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:05 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
samdm94 wrote:

She wasnt old though.

f**k the spl

How many fingers did you use?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:34 pm

samdm94 wrote:
PtB wrote:
samdm94 wrote:
PtB wrote:
samdm94 wrote:

so really, the only way the scottish game can get better is by moving the old firm and the spl keeping sky deal so that their is still money in the game ? (people dont really tend to support their local team as rangers/celtic is drummed into them as a kid)

if celtic and rangers moved down south who would be the dominant force in scotland ?

I don't think there would be much of a dominant force should we get rid of those two. TV deal wouldnt be important. Clubs would adjust financially with or without the deal. Crowds are up at most SPL crowds and thats without games against Rangers.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:44 pm

So you spent three years following Rangers.

Where did you stay exactly ?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:49 pm

aj1927 wrote:So you spent three years following Rangers.

Where did you stay exactly ?

ebbw vale south wales :lol: my mothers ex husband used to drive us to stoke very early and we would go on the stoke on trent loyal bus, he was from scotland and got me into football.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:43 pm

Fair enough.

It's just as I stay up here I have seen first hand what the true plastic glory hunters have done to the game.

The 5/6 coaches full of local folk that leave places like Dundee, Edinburgh, Aberdeen,Perth to name a few and head for Ibrox and parkhead.
Instead of heading off to watch Dundees teams Hibs,Hearts the Dons or even St Johnstone.

Only class a few people up here as true mates, Wullie Who attended the Bolton away game with me(Gers fan From Glasgow and a ST holder).
Euan and Mark both Hibees from Edinburger.
And Mac who is From Perth and a St Johnstone fan.

They have all supported their local sides.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:58 pm

aj1927 wrote:Fair enough.

It's just as I stay up here I have seen first hand what the true plastic glory hunters have done to the game.

The 5/6 coaches full of local folk that leave places like Dundee, Edinburgh, Aberdeen,Perth to name a few and head for Ibrox and parkhead.
Instead of heading off to watch Dundees teams Hibs,Hearts the Dons or even St Johnstone.

Only class a few people up here as true mates, Wullie Who attended the Bolton away game with me(Gers fan From Glasgow and a ST holder).
Euan and Mark both Hibees from Edinburger.
And Mac who is From Perth and a St Johnstone fan.

They have all supported their local sides.

my mothers ex husband was from govan mate, stones throw away from ibrox, i understand what you mean though