Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

watford to grab second ?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:07 pm

I think we have enough about us to win the league, so who will grab second, its out of leicester, hull and watford. I think watford will get it.

opinions ?

do you think we'll win the league ? (yes promotion is everything but being champions has a good ring about it)

Re: watford to grab second ?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:11 pm

We'd have to have a major collapse not win the the league at this point.

Second could be anyone out of Palace, Boro, Leicester, Hull and Watford imo.

Boro and Hull could fall away but Palace have just got £10 million in their back pocket and they keep Zaha till the summer so I can see them spending all of that money on reinforcements and using the add on money to keep the club going in future.

Leicester have been getting into their stride since signing Wood and Watford are a bunch of cheating bar stewards.

All depends on the window imo.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:38 pm

how are we cheating?

as for grabbing second, the way we are playing now i think we will not only get second but give you a good run right up to the end of the season. the general consensus at the moment is that if we had not had such a crap start to the season, then this league would only be a two horse race between us and yourselves.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:40 pm

Leicester will finish second if we are to win the Championship. Fingers crossed Watford have a collapse

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:42 pm

hornet_fan wrote:how are we cheating?

as for grabbing second, the way we are playing now i think we will not only get second but give you a good run right up to the end of the season. the general consensus at the moment is that if we had not had such a crap start to the season, then this league would only be a two horse race between us and yourselves.

transfer dealings, you could be in for a 10 point deduction by all accounts. Also the way your owners are loaning players back and forth from Udinese is under the spotlight

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:43 pm

Watford doing so well could be good news for us. Nothing worse than having other teams
breathing down your neck. They could well pass Leicester in the next week or so. THEN
they will feel the heat. Let them all sweat it out below us and City just carry on quietly
plugging away.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:46 pm

wdb2721 wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:how are we cheating?

transfer dealings, you could be in for a 10 point deduction by all accounts. Also the way your owners are loaning players back and forth from Udinese is under the spotlight

lol. you believe the sun newspaper? the points deduction rumour is just that, a rumour. the most likely punishment the club will get is a fine and a slap on the wrist. our new owners alerted the football league to the issue in the first place, basically our old owner was a bit of a liability. the football league has since charged him and the club have co-operated fully.

as for any problems with us loaning players from udinese, show me something that says we are under the spotlight? We are not breaking any rules, Udinese is owned by Pozzo senior, we are owned by Pozzo Junior. Our relationship with Udinese and Granada is very beneficial and we are now reaping the rewards.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:50 pm

taffyapple wrote:Watford doing so well could be good news for us. Nothing worse than having other teams
breathing down your neck. They could well pass Leicester in the next week or so. THEN
they will feel the heat. Let them all sweat it out below us and City just carry on quietly
plugging away.

good point, let them all fight it out among them selves and we'll just keep plugging away

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:12 pm

I think Watford will be up there, impressed me when they came to CCS. We were fortunate to win with the last minute goal.

I agree with Annis, beat Leicester and we're very likely to be champions. It won't be easy though, looking forward to that game on the 12th. I think we'll get four points from Leeds and Huddersfield which would be good IMO.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:15 pm

watford, leicester and hull have to win every game and all hope we lose 4 ... i doubt it

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Hope Leicester finish second behind us, good manager, decent club.

As for the others, dont mind Watford as a non offensive club and Hull are a good old fashioned club with passionate support. Dont like Palace or Boro, they can f**k off. We should have too much for all of them now surely

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:44 pm

ElGwapo wrote:Hope Leicester finish second behind us, good manager, decent club.

As for the others, dont mind Watford as a non offensive club and Hull are a good old fashioned club with passionate support. Dont like Palace or Boro, they can f**k off. We should have too much for all of them now surely

Palace have got on my nerves tobut don't see them in top two. I'd like us and Leicester to go up. Quite like Hull and the "Golden Boys" too. That rebranding is worse than ours :lol:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:46 pm

hornet_fan wrote:x

Can you please refrain from bringing up that shite rag on here. Thanks.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:18 am

Middlesborough.