Re: Hooligans why did they form in some clubs and not other

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:08 pm

calm down :D

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:08 pm

key board warriors :malky:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:09 pm

Anymore abuse to any member and bans will be handed out regardless who you support.

This topic is locked.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:22 pm

Ive deleted it all and opened it up.
next person to call the name on this topic is banned.
The Mods have a hard job on here lately.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Firms start normally if the area has an strong identity with the club and the best firms are from such areas normally harder working class areas ie
Portsmouth (very strong local identity and naval background and hate saints!
Cardiff areas of cardiff valleys port talbot Neath etc etc
Millwall south London London docks
Chelsea (skinhead following in early 70's and then got known for the boot boys and every loon in Surrey started going)
Birmingham city inner city estates
Leeds rough working class areas also Wakefield donny etc etc
Man united based on the 70's 80's reputation and smash man city since

The reputation starts it and goes from there even Brighton, Bradford,Oldham lots of clubs have a hardcore what ever the area is like whether posh or not. Also it depends on if you have a local rival also that helps. :ayatollah:

We ain't the jacks have always been shit :malky:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:25 pm

Someone educate me - been to Fulham 4 or 5 times never seen them mob up. Have I missed something as theyve been mentioned a few times in this thread

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:30 pm

ElGwapo wrote:Someone educate me - been to Fulham 4 or 5 times never seen them mob up. Have I missed something as theyve been mentioned a few times in this thread

they all like rowing don't they, gentlemen munn

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:21 pm

I thought Fulham was one of those clubs that did'nt have a hooligan problem,i presumed it was because Chelsea is only a stones throw away.Iremember Brighton brought massive support to us in the late 70's when they was going for promotion,one of the few teams that did.One of their football specials broke down and did'nt even make it to Cardiff.For the record i think we beat them 3.1,with a Tony Evans hatrick.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Never much doing at Fulham but it was mad up there 1992ish but that was cardiff

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:46 pm

placid-casual wrote:Never much doing at Fulham but it was mad up there 1992ish but that was cardiff

yep - i was there but never seen them show up

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:35 am

Nanny McPhail wrote:
kidwelly jack wrote:
Nanny McPhail wrote:
kidwelly jack wrote:Didn't the cardiff fans who were sent to jail for trouble against chelsea cry in court when they were sent down real hard men :lol: :lol:

How do you know that c**t face? Were you there?

It was reported in a newspaper, one of those in court had learning difficulties and was let off. :lol:

Prove it c**t face.

i know who hes talking about

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:38 am

Avon barksdale wrote:
kidwelly jack wrote:
Nanny McPhail wrote:
kidwelly jack wrote:Didn't the cardiff fans who were sent to jail for trouble against chelsea cry in court when they were sent down real hard men :lol: :lol:

It was reported in a newspaper, one of those in court had learning difficulties and was let off. :lol:

So you're making fun of people with learning difficulties now? :roll:

there was one who had behaviour problems

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:41 am

Swansealad will be on here now telling us how great is firm were and how they drunk in a pub by Cardiff castle. :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:06 pm

Why do you feel the need to entertain these Jacks, ones from Kidwelly, a town full of nonces and peadophiles. Just laugh at their backwater towns, I am.

:old:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:11 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Why do you feel the need to entertain these Jacks, ones from Kidwelly, a town full of nonces and peadophiles. Just laugh at their backwater towns, I am.

just giving them some of the attention their farther's never did

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:31 am

Sven Ghali wrote:Doesn't explain why Swamsea didn't/don't have a decent firm either but that's easy to put to bed:

They did ATTEMPT to put a 'firm' together in the early days but disbanded soon after their first REAL test against their capital rivals, Cardiff City FC, and took up swimming instead (and bloody fast they were, too!!) ;)

:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

BS mate, never had the numbers, granted but was always up for it... what's that say about you?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:48 am

samdm94 wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Why do you feel the need to entertain these Jacks, ones from Kidwelly, a town full of nonces and peadophiles. Just laugh at their backwater towns, I am.

just giving them some of the attention their farther's never did

Not THAT sort of attention anyways..

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:27 pm

Just lookin' at all the childish name calling on here makes me wonder, have you all got an inset day, because you should be doin' this sort of thing in the school yard.

As an aside. Why were there dozens of arrests after your game at Chelsea, but none after ours?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:52 pm

xajax wrote:Just lookin' at all the childish name calling on here makes me wonder, have you all got an inset day, because you should be doin' this sort of thing in the school yard.

As an aside. Why were there dozens of arrests after your game at Chelsea, but none after ours?

That was a total setup to nail the Chelsea hooligan Jason Mariner. I don't expect you to believe me but take it from someone who was there. I saw the police divert a group of Cardiff fans up a street away from the route we were all taking back to our transport. A couple of questions the authorities refuse to answer regarding this situation:

1. Why did the police let out 6,000 Cardiff fans the same time as the Chelsea ?

2. How come someone got 18 months for a first time offence for throwing a traffic cone that was thrown at them first, bearing in mind the cone did not hit anyone?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:59 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
Nanny McPhail wrote:
kidwelly jack wrote:
Nanny McPhail wrote:

Prove it c**t face.

i know who hes talking about

jesus jacks bringing up blubbing ffs
we have just seen a video go viral of the spoilt little jack brat missing his half time penalty at the liberty and kicking the corner flag whilst blubbing his little heart out.
then we have the directors son blubbing in front of millions after his ball got taken away from him :lol:
if hazard had done that to a 17 year old ball boy at ninian park the ball boy would have probabley laid him out

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:01 pm

xajax wrote:Just lookin' at all the childish name calling on here makes me wonder, have you all got an inset day, because you should be doin' this sort of thing in the school yard.

Chelsea and Cardiff were renewing old rivalries. Chelsea obviously never took Swansea seriously.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

That was a total setup to nail the Chelsea hooligan Jason Mariner. I don't expect you to believe me but take it from someone who was there. I saw the police divert a group of Cardiff fans up a street away from the route we were all taking back to our transport. A couple of questions the authorities refuse to answer regarding this situation:

2. How come someone got 18 months for a first time offence for throwing a traffic cone that was thrown at them first, bearing in mind the cone did not hit anyone?

I didn't post what I did, just to disagree with you, because I wasn't there. If what you say is true, they were jailed for doing the sort of stuff that would just see them moved on, after a rugby international or after a few pints on a Saturday night in Wind Street or Queens Street. Could just be a case of "give a dog a bad name", but the Chelsea case puts back all the good work thats gone on for the last ten years.

Lets hope for a passionate but law abiding couple of derby's next year. :thumbright:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:26 pm

Chelsea is a funny one, the club is based in one of the wealthiest boroughs of London. Surrey where it was mentioned Chelsea have a big fan base, is hardly rough.

xajax wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I didn't post what I did, just to disagree with you, because I wasn't there. If what you say is true, they were jailed for doing the sort of stuff that would just see them moved on, after a rugby international or after a few pints on a Saturday night in Wind Street or Queens Street. Could just be a case of "give a dog a bad name", but the Chelsea case puts back all the good work thats gone on for the last ten years.

Lets hope for a passionate but law abiding couple of derby's next year. :thumbright:

Fair enough but the scenario does rattle me as I know some of the victims who got done, guys who have never been in trouble before but were forced into a corner. Quite frightening to believe if it can happen to them it could happen to me.

Bubbles will apply next season for the derby that is for sure so I cannot see any trouble happening inside the bubble. Outside it well nothing I can do about it.

murphy wrote:

Chelsea and Cardiff were renewing old rivalries. Chelsea obviously never took Swansea seriously.

did anyone ever? i think after 91 no cardiff did, they have tried to make amends and will do almost anything to get some attention since that ultimate humliation. limo's, throwing seats at kids, getting arrested immediately in brussels with wales, smashing up pubs with no-one in etc...but i guess the truth of the matter is they werent worth getting out of bed for..... :lol: :lol: then the whole thing died a death anyway 10 or so years ago. seems kidwelly jack is their leader nowadays.... :laughing5:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
xajax wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Fair enough but the scenario does rattle me as I know some of the victims who got done, guys who have never been in trouble before but were forced into a corner. Quite frightening to believe if it can happen to them it could happen to me.

Bubbles will apply next season for the derby that is for sure so I cannot see any trouble happening inside the bubble. Outside it well nothing I can do about it.

Agree entirely. To think someone might get jailed for defending themselves is reason enough to keep a low profile.

I was only ever involved it a "ruck", when members of the ICF invaded a pub near Victoria coach station after a Swans WHU game which coincided with a Wales game at Twickenham. They got their comeuppance well and truly that day, courtesy of some members of South Wales rugby clubs. A day which, funnily enough, has never featured in the annals of the ICF Firm.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:59 am

placid-casual wrote:Firms start normally if the area has an strong identity with the club and the best firms are from such areas normally harder working class areas ie
Chelsea (skinhead following in early 70's and then got known for the boot boys and every loon in Surrey started going)

The reputation starts it and goes from there even Brighton, Bradford,Oldham lots of clubs have a hardcore what ever the area is like whether posh or not. Also it depends on if you have a local rival also that helps. :ayatollah:

All the clubs quoted there are from large cities, and I supose it strengthens the argument that the big cities with more potential hooligans had the best? firms. However there's one glaring ommision from your list that somewhat goes against the rule. My Team Boro back in the hayday of it all were one of the top crews in the country have fought all those mentioned and were well respected in the hoologan circles, I even belive Cardiff themseves were supprised around 94?. Any way back to the point we were good but Middlesbrough isn't a large city by Manchester, Leeds or Birmingham standards so how are we explained, just wondering like.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:38 pm

oriss wrote:
placid-casual wrote:Firms start normally if the area has an strong identity with the club and the best firms are from such areas normally harder working class areas ie

All the clubs quoted there are from large cities, and I supose it strengthens the argument that the big cities with more potential hooligans had the best? firms. However there's one glaring ommision from your list that somewhat goes against the rule. My Team Boro back in the hayday of it all were one of the top crews in the country have fought all those mentioned and were well respected in the hoologan circles, I even belive Cardiff themseves were supprised around 94?. Any way back to the point we were good but Middlesbrough isn't a large city by Manchester, Leeds or Birmingham standards so how are we explained, just wondering like.

Your spot on there Boro fan :thumbright:

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Football hooliganism is as old as football, one of the earliest reports was at the turn of last century when Greenock Morton played local rivals Port Glasgow, the riots lasted 4 days.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:40 pm

Jock wrote:Football hooliganism is as old as football, one of the earliest reports was at the turn of last century when Greenock Morton played local rivals Port Glasgow, the riots lasted 4 days.

and this one in 1901.. the good friday riot between Newcastle v Sunderland 70k managed to get in to St James park which held 30k at the time..game cancelled so rioted instead.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/his ... d-11057866