Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Becchio for Cardiff...??

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:37 am

so who else we going to get for 2 million.who knows the british game.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:39 am

what a silly thread.
everyone has missed one crucial point here

matt le tissier talks absolute bollocks and knows nothing of the transfer workings of either club involved
2 million is less than half of what leeds want

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:47 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:Is beccio good enough to play a major part in keeping us in the premiership. You have to think that any money we spend now is money malky might not have in the summer. Would you rather have the money knowing that we would attract a better standard of player from just being a premiership side.

I know we aren't promoted yet, but being 10 clear and with the only major injury being Maynard who has missed most of the season, I think with that addition of Campbell that should be enough.

I'd rather keep the money. Beccio might be proven n the championship, but I don't see premiership teams bidding for him at the the moment, surely that should tell us something....

Premiership clubs didnt bid for Holt or Lambert they are doing ok.

Youre worrying about 2m, in the grand scheme of PL football thats peanuts.

If southampton end up going down, i dont see there being many takers for lambert. but i give you that on Holt.

2mill isnt really peanuts though. I dont think we will be throwing money around in the Prem. Id rather see out the season as we are now. maybe a loan to cover if needs be. We should be safe in the league being 10 up. But id rather buy when we are a premiership club, its definitely more attractive to players.

I know its tempting fate by saying wait until the prem, but i think we have to start planning our buys as a prem club now

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:58 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Offer Earnshaw would be ideal.

Also Bellamy on the wing is shocking.

Erm.... Wing is Bellamys best position.

He will NEVER score as many goals down the middle as a Frazier Campbell, its NOT
Bellamys natural game

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:05 pm

moz-dublin wrote:what a silly thread.

matt le tissier talks absolute bollocks and knows nothing of the transfer workings of either club involved

Silly thread?? Are YOU for real?? :roll:

Becchio WOULD be a great signing so far as THIS season goes at least AND given that he WANTS away then Leeds will be looking the best return they possibly can, yes? ;)

At 29 and unproven at a higher level he is not going to fetch huge money and at around £2m he would be well worth a punt ;)

I don't remember saying we WERE signing him. I simply asked a question and until your reply the thread was pretty balanced and sensible :roll:

As for Matt Le Tissier knowing nothing? Well, that's an opinion you appear to have of ANYONE living outside your own head, eh? :roll: :oops: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:05 pm

taffyapple wrote:

He will NEVER score as many goals down the middle as a Frazier Campbell, its NOT
Bellamys natural game

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:Is beccio good enough to play a major part in keeping us in the premiership. You have to think that any money we spend now is money malky might not have in the summer. Would you rather have the money knowing that we would attract a better standard of player from just being a premiership side.

I know we aren't promoted yet, but being 10 clear and with the only major injury being Maynard who has missed most of the season, I think with that addition of Campbell that should be enough.

I'd rather keep the money. Beccio might be proven n the championship, but I don't see premiership teams bidding for him at the the moment, surely that should tell us something....

2m would be better spent in the premiership.

However we are not a premiership club and I don't think it's anywhere as certain as people want to make out.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:38 pm

He doesn't appear to be in the Leeds squad today . I see hes being linked with Turkish team today in the Sunday papers.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:48 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

However we are not a premiership club and I don't think it's anywhere as certain as people want to make out.

But heider hasn't let anyone down and can do what he's doing for another few months. We shouldn't believe we are up, but we should respect that we should go up from the position we are now in.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:21 pm

actually, it was Paul Merson that said it, if that matters

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:50 pm

Deano1 wrote:

You are correct :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Bellamys natural game

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just logged on, beat me to it TA. Bellamy on the wing is shocking 'really' :oops:

Bellers on the wing with the quality up front, we will start to scare the shit out of defences :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:07 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

But heider hasn't let anyone down and can do what he's doing for another few months. We shouldn't believe we are up, but we should respect that we should go up from the position we are now in.

Helguson has been decent but for me misses far to many chances.

As for others saying Bellamy on the wing, I can't disagree more.
He has very rarely played well for Cardiff on the wing, nearly all his best form has been when he has played upfront.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:13 am

Ifand its only an if we got beccio for 2 mill lets say on a 3year deal on 30k a week that would make the deal worth 6..5 mill no guarantees that he would be good enough for the premier league .........now look at loaning darren bent from villa and paying his 70k a week wages equals 14 weeks at 70k total cost 980k ...not saying we could do either deal ..but I knowwhich one I would prefer :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:14 am

Ifand its only an if we got beccio for 2 mill lets say on a 3year deal on 30k a week that would make the deal worth 6..5 mill no guarantees that he would be good enough for the premier league .........now look at loaning darren bent from villa and paying his 70k a week wages equals 14 weeks at 70k total cost 980k ...not saying we could do either deal ..but I knowwhich one I would prefer :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:32 am

becchio would be a class signing, would be thrilled if we went out and got him! :malky:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:44 am

Sven Ghali wrote:
Deano1 wrote:

its still two pages on a transfer that isnt going to happen and tactical analysis based on the ramblings of an idiot be it merson or le tiss

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:00 am

Bellamy on the wing is terrible. He does a lot better up front and we see more of him.

To many good fullbacks in this division can make him have bad game and the winger for the other team stops him from having space.

How you lot rate Bellamy on the wing in THIS division is beyond.

Quality up front? Oh open your eyes. Everyone speaks volumes of Bellamy at this club and thats due to the position he is being played in.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:05 am

moz-dublin wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:
Deano1 wrote:

its still two pages on a transfer that isnt going to happen and tactical analysis based on the ramblings of an idiot be it merson or le tiss

lets not talk about it then :roll:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:57 pm

apologies,im just upset coz i heard that bungle from rainbow is dead

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:59 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Bellamy on the wing is terrible. He does a lot better up front and we see more of him.

To many good fullbacks in this division can make him have bad game and the winger for the other team stops him from having space.

Quality up front? Oh open your eyes. Everyone speaks volumes of Bellamy at this club and thats due to the position he is being played in.

You're right, £10mil for Sinclair then chuck him on the wing, problem solved. :thumbright:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:14 am

I heard Wigan are after him and he wants to go there because of Di Santo's his best mate :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:46 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Bellamy on the wing is terrible. He does a lot better up front and we see more of him.

You're right, £10mil for Sinclair then chuck him on the wing, problem solved. :thumbright:

You got it in one.

Bitch rich of Taffyapple challenging my opinion when he don't go to games.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:27 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... is-1562867

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Unlike Norwich to go for a Leeds player

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:04 pm

He wouldn't cope in the prem imo.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:40 pm

Have you ever seen Bellers on the wing?? He runs the full back ragged and creates space for others. Also he gets on the ball more which is good for us. I feel he's a bit shackled when he plays up top

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:43 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Unlike Norwich to go for a Leeds player

:lol:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:46 pm

Sky Sports sources understand that Luciano Becchio and Steve Morison are heading in opposite directions and are set for talks with Norwich and Leeds, respectively.

Becchio demanded a transfer earlier this month, and he has attracted attention from a number of clubs.

Leeds have rejected bids from the continent, but now a deal with Norwich looks to be close, with Morison included as part of the package.

With the deadline coming in little over 24 hours, Sky Sports understands both players are heading in the opposite direction for talks.

Becchio has scored 19 goals for Leeds this season and has two years left on his current deal - but talks over a fresh contract have stalled.

Morison has made just four starts this season after Chris Hughton took charge at Carrow Road.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:15 pm

He would fit in well but I get the impression that Malky has already done all his business this window.