Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Becchio for Cardiff...??

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:17 pm

I read that Leeds Utd have offered Becchio £20k per week to stay at Elland Road but he (Becchio, aged 29) wants to leave (a) for an opportunity to play at a higher level, and (b) to secure the future for his family whilst he can ;)

On Sky Sports this lunchtime Matt Le Tissier said that Cardiff should go get him for £2m and that would make them (Cardiff city FC) a stonewall for promotion :ayatollah:

I dislike Leeds almost as much as I do Swamsea (correct spelling since they swam away :lol: ) but I would love to have Becchio here to help finish the job and I think he would fit in with Malky's profile, given his workrate and ambition after coming into the game late) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Becchio for Cardiff...??

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:19 pm

Becchio would be a quality addition to the side and I have wanted him to join us for ages. I believe him and Fraizer would link up brilliantly as Becchio is technically a very good player and gets stuck in and Fraizer has the pace. They'd torment defences together at this level.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:21 pm

Offer Leeds straight swap Bechio for Rudy :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:21 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:Becchio would be a quality addition to the side and I have wanted him to join us for ages. I believe him and Fraizer would link up brilliantly as Becchio is technically a very good player and gets stuck in and Fraizer has the pace. They'd torment defences together at this level.

Agree totally with that assessment :ayatollah:

My (Yorkshire born) brother-in-law is tamping at the thought and I haven't stopped laughing at him!! :laughing5: :laughing5:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:29 pm

2m maybe seems a lot but I do agree getting him would help our chances massively :malky:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:33 pm

He's exactlly what we need. Can hold the ball up and would link well with campbell. Plus he can score goalsd :malky:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:41 pm

Yes please :malky: :malky: :malky:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:43 pm

I can't see us signing another striker hope I'm wrong though ,he would be decent though :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:01 pm

Malky said even with the signing of Campbell he's looking for another signing, I think we'll sign Lappin and maybe Sordell but I'm really hoping we're surprised like we were with Maynard

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:01 pm

yes would love him here but the question you got to ask is, if he did come here and malky started campbell and becchio where does that leave bellamy?. and dont say out wide, cus u got noone kim conway smith etc. u cant leave bellamy out. hes been by far one of our best players this season

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Cardiff_Davies wrote:yes would love him here but the question you got to ask is, if he did come here and malky started campbell and becchio where does that leave bellamy?. and dont say out wide, cus u got noone kim conway smith etc. u cant leave bellamy out. hes been by far one of our best players this season

That's a good headache to have though keeps players on their toes knowing their starting place isn't guaranteed

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:14 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Cardiff_Davies wrote:yes would love him here but the question you got to ask is, if he did come here and malky started campbell and becchio where does that leave bellamy?. and dont say out wide, cus u got noone kim conway smith etc. u cant leave bellamy out. hes been by far one of our best players this season

That's a good headache to have though keeps players on their toes knowing their starting place isn't guaranteed

Yes a nice headache but easily solved.....Bellamy out wide. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:19 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

For who :?:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:22 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

:?:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

noone on the one flank and bellers on the other just like we started this season

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:39 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

noone on the one flank and bellers on the other just like we started this season

I wouldn't drop Kim from his performance at Blackpool though

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:42 pm

its not a case of dropping people, more like building a squad for next season and being able to 'rotate' without losing quality, keeping everyone fresh and involved. I certainly wouldn't turn down the chance of becchio because I didn't want to 'drop' Kim or Conway.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:51 pm

Deano1 wrote:its not a case of dropping people, more like building a squad for next season and being able to 'rotate' without losing quality, keeping everyone fresh and involved. I certainly wouldn't turn down the chance of becchio because I didn't want to 'drop' Kim or Conway.

Exactly right. Conway has been brilliant. But in a straight choice between him and
Bellamy, CB wins every time. Two mobile forwards like Becchio and Campbell would
drag defenders all over the shop and leave much more room for Bellamy to exploit out wide...
unless the opposition still want to double up on CB... leaving bigger holes in the middle!!

I dont see us moving in for Becchio though to be honest. It'll be Sordell if anyone and i
kind of doubt that now too

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:54 pm

leeds arent going to sell him, haven't they just had new owners ?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:55 pm

Deano1 wrote:its not a case of dropping people, more like building a squad for next season and being able to 'rotate' without losing quality, keeping everyone fresh and involved. I certainly wouldn't turn down the chance of becchio because I didn't want to 'drop' Kim or Conway.

I didn't say I didn't want Becchio :? was just saying it's a good headache to have

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:57 pm

samdm94 wrote:leeds arent going to sell him, haven't they just had new owners ?

Yes they have but that doesn't mean they won't sell. Leeds look like a club who could do what we have done and get a load of players out and bring in a new bunch with a new manager ready for an automatic push next season. They may go up this season but there are some really strong squads in those current playoff positions. Sometimes you have to take one or two steps back to move forward. Leeds now have the platform to do that. There is no point holding on to one brilliant player because its a team that is needed for promotion and Leeds would be far better off selling and bringing in defensive quality because at the back they look very suspect and have done for a few seasons now.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:01 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:

Yes they have but that doesn't mean they won't sell. Leeds look like a club who could do what we have done and get a load of players out and bring in a new bunch with a new manager ready for an automatic push next season. They may go up this season but there are some really strong squads in those current playoff positions. Sometimes you have to take one or two steps back to move forward. Leeds now have the platform to do that. There is no point holding on to one brilliant player because its a team that is needed for promotion and Leeds would be far better off selling and bringing in defensive quality because at the back they look very suspect and have done for a few seasons now.

ahh i see, but still, he's probably their best player and yes selling him would be steps back but it would be more steps back than steps forward, he's probably holding out for more money

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:11 pm

They may not have a choice IF Becchio declines a new contract AND an appropriate offer was tabled :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:41 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8444068/

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:42 pm

darran1927sker wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

noone on the one flank and bellers on the other just like we started this season[/quote]
I wouldn't drop Kim from his performance at Blackpool though[/quote]

Kim should be a CM anyway.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Offer Earnshaw would be ideal.

Also Bellamy on the wing is shocking.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:36 am

Good post Deano.

Gosh some people are thick.

Lets not add quality to the squad because we have 11 good players :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:24 am

Is beccio good enough to play a major part in keeping us in the premiership. You have to think that any money we spend now is money malky might not have in the summer. Would you rather have the money knowing that we would attract a better standard of player from just being a premiership side.

I know we aren't promoted yet, but being 10 clear and with the only major injury being Maynard who has missed most of the season, I think with that addition of Campbell that should be enough.

I'd rather keep the money. Beccio might be proven n the championship, but I don't see premiership teams bidding for him at the the moment, surely that should tell us something....

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:29 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8444068/

Are we that foreign club? :malky: :malky:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:25 am

Ramstein blue wrote:Is beccio good enough to play a major part in keeping us in the premiership. You have to think that any money we spend now is money malky might not have in the summer. Would you rather have the money knowing that we would attract a better standard of player from just being a premiership side.

I know we aren't promoted yet, but being 10 clear and with the only major injury being Maynard who has missed most of the season, I think with that addition of Campbell that should be enough.

I'd rather keep the money. Beccio might be proven n the championship, but I don't see premiership teams bidding for him at the the moment, surely that should tell us something....

Premiership clubs didnt bid for Holt or Lambert they are doing ok.

Youre worrying about 2m, in the grand scheme of PL football thats peanuts.