Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FEB - Six games for city what would you take?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:27 am

SAT 2 FEB Leeds 15:00 A
SAT 9 FEB Huddersfield 15:00 A
TUE 12 FEB Leicester 19:45 H
SAT 16 FEB Bristol City 13:00 H
TUE 19 FEB Brighton19:45 H
SUN 24 FEB Wolves 14:00 A

3HOME 3 AWAY :ayatollah:

Twelve points will do me and i dont care how we get them either or at what club, anything more i will be major impressed and start to believe it is our year, anything less will depend on what other teams around us get results wise then look again at the table :ayatollah:

Re: FEB - Six games for city what would you take?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:02 am

bluebird1977 wrote:SAT 2 FEB Leeds 15:00 A

Twelve points will do me and i dont care how we get them either or at what club, anything more i will be major impressed and start to believe it is our year, anything less will depend on what other teams around us get results wise then look again at the table :ayatollah:

This is my prediction -
Leeds - Draw
Huddersfield - Win
Leicester - Draw
Bristol City - Win
Brighton - Draw
Wolves - Lose

9 points wouldn't be a bad return from what is on paper a tough month ahead.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:16 am

I'd take 10 points as long as we don't lose to Leicester :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:29 am

theclaw wrote:I'd take 10 points as long as we don't lose to Leicester :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

People are going on about the importance of this game but I don't get it. It's no good us beating them I we lose the other 5 games in Feb. I'm gonna sound a bit like DJ but evey game is worth 3 points so there's no point in putting additional pressure on one particular game.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:34 am

From now on, every game is a pressure game. The next game is of vital importance. Stretch the lead to 12+ points in the next two games and it'll crush those below us. If that narrows to 6 points it will give them hope. It's going to be a tough task but we need our team to continue playing with the passion they showed in the cup final vs Liverpool. That way we'll get at least 12 from the next 18 on offer and the only way the others can significantly close the gap is to go on a much stronger run themselves. I can honestly only see Leicester doing that well over the next six games and have no qualms with them pulling away with us at all.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:53 am

I don't think the gap between us and 2nd will have any effect on the teams below us. The team in 2nd will fight just as hard to secure an auto spot, whether we are 1 or 20 points clear. The 3 rd place team will be fighting hard for 2nd and so on. All the pressure is on us to stay top and not to panic if / when the lead falls to 7, 4, 1 points......

IMO Leicester will not drop many points from here in but it's whether someone else like Watford, hull or boro can keep their runs going.

If we can get 4 points from the away games and 7 or 9 from the 3 home games then we will still be on course. Anything less and I reckon the lead will have reduced and then it's about keeping our heads. :malky:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:14 pm

SeanJr wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:SAT 2 FEB Leeds 15:00 A

This is my prediction -
Leeds - Draw
Huddersfield - Win
Leicester - Draw
Bristol City - Win
Brighton - Draw
Wolves - Lose

9 points wouldn't be a bad return from what is on paper a tough month ahead.

wins against Leeds,Huddersfield,bristol and wolves and 2 draws with Leicester and Brighton. 14 points :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:24 pm

18 points :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:29 pm

krabb wrote:18 points :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:30 pm

krabb wrote:18 points :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We can dream :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:39 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:From now on, every game is a pressure game. The next game is of vital importance. Stretch the lead to 12+ points in the next two games and it'll crush those below us. If that narrows to 6 points it will give them hope. It's going to be a tough task but we need our team to continue playing with the passion they showed in the cup final vs Liverpool. That way we'll get at least 12 from the next 18 on offer and the only way the others can significantly close the gap is to go on a much stronger run themselves. I can honestly only see Leicester doing that well over the next six games and have no qualms with them pulling away with us at all.

Good post but i see watford as the leicester you mention :ayatollah: