Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Couple of questions for Annis/Carl...RE Hammam

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:44 pm

I'm not going to agree with the jacks... But there's no role for Hammam. And the way Tan has structured the business he probably will have to go back to court to get his cash back, even when the contractual due date is reached.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:54 am

carlccfc wrote:
wdb2721 wrote:There is an awful lot of debate going on here regarding Hammam with both the Pro and anti Hammam camps making valid points.

The pro Hammam team would obviously like to see Hammam back at the club in some sort of capacity. My questions are:

1) What would Sam bring to the club that the Malaysians do not? (apart from the rebranding issue)

2) If he has a love for our club, why is he trying to screw the club over with the langston loan deal? ( I know that people say Sam isn't Langston, but I find that hard to believe. If that is the case then why aren't the club dealing directly with Langston, this also goes back to my question surely if he has a love for us he should be trying to broker a deal that wouldn't screw us)

3)OK the atmosphere at the games during Sam's reign was excellant most of the times, but I think we can put the move to the new stadium as the main reason for a loss of atmosphere plus the clubs lack of vision to try and create that sort of atmosphere that Ninian was renowned for. Do you think that a return by Sam would recreate that atmosphere that away teams feared?

I am just interested in hearing your views and create a debate in the correct manner rather than everyone kicking off with each other.

I will be honest I do not want to see Sam back as we have moved on from there, it was good at the time and will remain a fond memory!

1) If Sam returned to the club and lets not forgot the club offered him a role to return as life president (at least proves to me that there is no fight between Sam and Tan), I believe we would have a football man overseeing the manager and his staff, that would be the most important point for me.

2) What have you read that makes you think he is trying to screw the club, Langston are owed money and nobody disputes that. Through Sam Hammam we have had opportunities to settle the amount for less, I see this as helping and not screwing the club.

3) I am not too sure if Sam could help the atmosphere although he surely knew how to whip the crowd up but days of raffling a sheep and walking around the pitch are long gone.

This life presidency stuff. Erm... who exactly OFFERED that position to Sam? See I've
searched high and wide and the closest ive come to anyone making him an actual OFFER
was Whitely saying its something that "should be considered" if it oils the wheels kind of
thing. If I'm wrong then fair enough, no problem. Im wrong every day. But an official
offer from the Club? hmmmmmmmm?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:34 am

carlccfc wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Why do we need Sam overseeing Malky and co

Because I believe it would be beneficial to have someone above the manager at the club who knows football and understands it.
But there must be hundreds more qualified and with much better footballing brains than SH and do you really think that our management team needs looking after???

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:29 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Because I believe it would be beneficial to have someone above the manager at the club who knows football and understands it.
But there must be hundreds more qualified and with much better footballing brains than SH and do you really think that our management team needs looking after???

I'm only 26 and started playing at 6 years old. Does that mean I'm more qualified than Sam Hammam?? If so, I'll happily look after Malky and his team, sign me up!!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:32 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

SAM undoubtedly loves his football, but so do thousands of us. Most of us have lived
and breathed it all our lives. No way on Earth is he (or any of us) qualified to tell
Malky or his staff what to do. They are professionals!!

Bearing in mind that lots of the problems we had were because of massively over-
inflated wages paid to players during Sams reign, I think Malky is best left to it, he
can speak to Tan when he needs money because when it comes to finance... Tan is
the professional!!