Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Seats in the Concourse

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:25 am

Did I read somewhere they were putting seating in the Canton stand concourse so that you could sit before the game?
Wasn't the trust involved? Are the club planning doing the same in the family stand?
I have mentioned this a few times on the survey!! Would be very welcome before the game. :D

Re: Seats in the Concourse

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:31 am

Tey will be selling season tickets for these then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:34 am

theclaw wrote:Tey will be selling season tickets for these then :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm hoping that inclusive of the price!! :lol:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:00 am

I think my thread must be a tad boring, not to many replies!! :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:08 pm

elad wrote:Did I read somewhere they were putting seating in the Canton stand concourse so that you could sit before the game?
Wasn't the trust involved? Are the club planning doing the same in the family stand?
I have mentioned this a few times on the survey!! Would be very welcome before the game. :D

Yes it is happening.The seats should be in place for the Leicester game in a couple of weeks.

It was a Trust initiative in which Wayne Nash has been tremendously supportive as Stadium Manager.

There will be rows of fixed (blue) seating put in place where the layout of the concourse allows (to avoid doorways, exits , toilets etc) mostly in the Ninian and Canton areas of the concourse and also in the Family Stand area (but less suitable space there).

The main idea is to provide seats for the physically less able such as those who walk with the aid of sticks etc. so they can better enjoy their pre-match refreshments.

There will also be a few more tables put in for general use.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:30 pm

since62 wrote:
elad wrote:Did I read somewhere they were putting seating in the Canton stand concourse so that you could sit before the game?

Yes it is happening.The seats should be in place for the Leicester game in a couple of weeks.

It was a Trust initiative in which Wayne Nash has been tremendously supportive as Stadium Manager.

There will be rows of fixed (blue) seating put in place where the layout of the concourse allows (to avoid doorways, exits , toilets etc) mostly in the Ninian and Canton areas of the concourse and also in the Family Stand area (but less suitable space there).

The main idea is to provide seats for the physically less able such as those who walk with the aid of sticks etc. so they can better enjoy their pre-match refreshments.

Beginning of the end of the rebrand?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:31 am

since62 wrote:

Thank for the reply !! Well done to all involved, agree that they should be for people who have walking problems etc.

Totally off subject are there any plans to have a cash machine within the stadium? Would save fans having to trek over to Asada's or Costco. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:57 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
since62 wrote:

Or are the seats being taken out of the stand and replaced with red ones? Conspiracy theory number 1

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:27 am

since62 wrote:

Big up for the Trust in getting some progress on this, surely if people are more comfortable and relaxed they may get there earlier for a drink etc and make it more of a social thing. Let's hope if it works there it can be extended to other areas.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:40 am

Good idea but I think Cardiff should seriously look at putting a bar/pub within the ground similar to norwich or newcastle that would provide food etc. Drinking under the cold stand doesn't appeal to many before the game, allow the ground has slowly improved over the years..................

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:17 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
since62 wrote:

Nope. Just a sensible use of some of the seats left over from the original fit out of the stadium. There are already some similar seats in the Grandstand bar area (which is where I first saw them at the Development team game v Swansea this season to spark the idea) that people on here who use that area may have seen.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:20 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
since62 wrote:

Big up for the Trust in getting some progress on this, surely if people are more comfortable and relaxed they may get there earlier for a drink etc and make it more of a social thing. Let's hope if it works there it can be extended to other areas.

The problem is Gwyn that there are surprisingly few areas in the concourse where they can be fitted without blocking access to toilets , food outlets , storerooms , exits etc.as I found out when I did the walkround with Wayne. The idea is that they will be put in as many places as possible within those constraints.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Looking forward to this, I MAY be able to convince the Mrs I'm taking her out for a romantic sit down meal and catch the game at the same time. Job done :thumbup:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:24 am

Thank god for the trust.