Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T Big plumbing firms in Merthyr?

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:55 pm

On my Level 2 NVQ plumbing, they're really pushing us to get apprentiships at the stage we're at now but have had no joy with smaller/self employed plumbers. NVQ assessor is telling me to look at Merthyr and see what firms are there. Anybody know of any? Cheers. :thumbright:

Re: O/T Big plumbing firms in Merthyr?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:38 am

Bump :D

Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:26 pm

Delaceys are probably the biggest building firm in Merthyr.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:39 pm

I know there's a big plumbers supply firm on the Pant industrial estate, loads of plumbers and plumbing firms use it and obviously there must be others in the area.
ask if you can put up an A4 size ad in the shop asking for help, failing that ask if you can hang about and approach customers and ask them directly, abit of unique and direct effort may impress some employer. worth a try.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:12 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I know there's a big plumbers supply firm on the Pant industrial estate, loads of plumbers and plumbing firms use it and obviously there must be others in the area.
ask if you can put up an A4 size ad in the shop asking for help, failing that ask if you can hang about and approach customers and ask them directly, abit of unique and direct effort may impress some employer. worth a try.

One of my mates has got an apprentiship with the ones on Pant industrial estate, i cant remember the name of the company though. Apparently theres no more going there! Cheers though Gwyn :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:37 pm

In the same boat mate! Completed my nvq level 2 and nobody to give me a placement for level 3 as my company went through! Gone back to painting and decorating now lol

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:40 pm

daneccfc wrote:In the same boat mate! Completed my nvq level 2 and nobody to give me a placement for level 3 as my company went through! Gone back to painting and decorating now lol

What college were you in mate? They've told us that this year is okay to not have an apprentiship (basically get all the exams done) but we've gotta go back in september to do Level 2 NVQ again but a one day a week system with the other 4 days on site. Then level 3 after that. f*cking nightmare!