Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Delusional Fans

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:30 pm

And I thought some of us were delusional...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Delusional Fans

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:22 pm

I'd put them in the top 20 or 25, but not 12th!

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:48 pm

Sunderland, west ham and Aston villa are another 3 clubs with bigger fan bases then them. I doubt Leicesters fan base is no bigger then ours.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:58 pm

murphy wrote:Sunderland, west ham and Aston villa are another 3 clubs with bigger fan bases then them. I doubt Leicesters fan base is no bigger then ours.

I dunno, I reckon it is, they get a higher average (I think) and have a bigger stadium, which means they've researched how many fans they have in their catchment area.

Is there a site where we can compare fan bases?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
murphy wrote:Sunderland, west ham and Aston villa are another 3 clubs with bigger fan bases then them. I doubt Leicesters fan base is no bigger then ours.

I dunno, I reckon it is, they get a higher average (I think) and have a bigger stadium, which means they've researched how many fans they have in their catchment area.

Try www.comparethemagnacarta.co.uk ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Not much in it with averages, and given they get far more in rterms of away fans there I'd bet our average 'home fans only' attendance is more than theirs.

As for catchment area, ours would be marginally bigger, they have got Forest and Derby on their doorstep and apart from Leicester itself , which is a similar size to Cardiff, there aren't many major towns in their catchment, despite the physical size of the area they would cover ... Melton Mowbery, Loughborough etc.. but these aren't big towns.

Leicestershire's population is about 980k, Rutland , parts of Northants and maybe Warwicks could also be in their catchment so maybe just over 1m.

Ours would be Cardiff 350k
RCT (or most of) 230k
Caerphilly 180k
Bridgend (most of ) 140k
VOG 130k
Torfen, BG, Merthyr 220k total

1.25m appx.

of course this is simplistic some of those areas are split with the Jacks but then there is also Newport (140k), Mons (90k) and NPT (140k) which are split with Swansea/Newport...