Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

£5m increase in wages

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:56 pm

I thought you lot were supposed to have had a smaller squad and got rid of all your higher earners last season?

Maybe it begs the question, how much are your board members being paid?

Re: £5m increase in wages

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:00 pm

NJ73 wrote:I thought you lot were supposed to have had a smaller squad and got rid of all your higher earners last season?

What concern is it of yours? Your having another good season and your more concerned with us.

Your obsession is frightening.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Why are you concerned

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:04 pm

If I was you I'd be talking to my mates an looking forward to trips to Europe next season not worrying about our wages.

I'd also be concerned with the curse of the Europa league.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:07 pm

NJ73 wrote:I thought you lot were supposed to have had a smaller squad and got rid of all your higher earners last season?

Not got a clue about what is going on. I prefer to watch my team rather than worry about finances.

How much does Huw 'i dont take a penny out of the club' Jenkins get paid?

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:08 pm

You sad man! :lol:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:10 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Not got a clue about what is going on. I prefer to watch my team rather than worry about finances.

However much it is, it''ll be nowhere near what he is worth to us.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:11 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

So he does draw a salary from club. A bit hypocritical isnt it?

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:12 pm

murphy wrote:

What concern is it of yours? Your having another good season and your more concerned with us.

I'm capable of dealing with more than one thing at a time see Murph. I'm thoroughly enjoying our season but that doesn't mean I can't still show an interest in other things such as the basket case that is your club.

What is strange is than none of you seem to care less about the increase in wages :?

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:14 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Yes, since we got promotion to the Premier League I believe he does draw a salary. And no, it's hardly hypocritical when you consider what a good job he does at keeping our finances in order.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:20 pm

I don't give two hoots pal. Its Friday and almost time to hit the town. I shall be getting smashed. Have fun. 8-)

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:25 pm

:blah5:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:38 pm

NJ73 wrote:
murphy wrote:

I'm capable of dealing with more than one thing at a time see Murph. I'm thoroughly enjoying our season but that doesn't mean I can't still show an interest in other things such as the basket case that is your club.

What is strange is than none of you seem to care less about the increase in wages :?

What is even stranger is that we dont seem to care less about you & your Pikeys , unless of course , you're on our message board ! Keep looking over your shoulder - the real world's catching up !

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:44 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Yes, since we got promotion to the Premier League I believe he does draw a salary. And no, it's hardly hypocritical when you consider what a good job he does at keeping our finances in order.

Not saying he doesnt deserve a salary but surely he is a hypocrite as he said he would never take a penny out of the club.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:48 pm

I believe the total directors remuneration was only approx £150k, and I don't believe Tan took any salary at all. Therefore how has he been hypocritical?

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Not saying he doesnt deserve a salary but surely he is a hypocrite as he said he would never take a penny out of the club.

I don't recall him ever saying that to be honest. Even if he had said that however, there was a long time when neither he, or any of the directors did while we were at a lower level but now he is basically a Premier League chairman & Chief Executive so it would be ludicrous to expect that full time role not to be paid.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:49 pm

Blueboo wrote:I believe the total directors remuneration was only approx £150k, and I don't believe Tan took any salary at all. Therefore how has he been hypocritical?

Fair enough. But the question of how the hell your wage bill went up by £5m is even murkier then.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:56 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Blueboo wrote:I believe the total directors remuneration was only approx £150k, and I don't believe Tan took any salary at all. Therefore how has he been hypocritical?

Fair enough. But the question of how the hell your wage bill went up by £5m is even murkier then.

Better staff = higher salaries ????!!!? Murkier ??!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:06 pm

The number of staff increased by over 30 due to new academy training facilities,, enhanced medical facilities, extended youth development network, overseas Malaysian youth development programme, sports science, additional scouting staff, etc.

It's called building for the future and we have already seen the benefit, plus we will generate significantly increased revenue from developing quality youth players in future.

Quite sensible really. Don't you think?

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:09 pm

2500 posts. Do we have a special Cardiff City Forum prize for the most Obsessed? Yawn.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:11 pm

Blueboo wrote:The number of staff increased by over 30 due to new academy training facilities,, enhanced medical facilities, extended youth development network, overseas Malaysian youth development programme, sports science, additional scouting staff, etc.

It's called building for the future and we have already seen the benefit, plus we will generate significantly increased revenue from developing quality youth players in future.

Quite sensible really. Don't you think?

No it didn't, it increased by 10 from 116 to 126.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:25 pm

The Cardiff City ltd accounts show the staff increased from 73 to 96, excluding directors. I understand that the Cardiff city holdings accounts relate more to the overall group activities and the show the staff increasing by 10.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:27 pm

The staff numbers are also averages for the year and a large chunk of the wages was for Dave jones and his staff who were eventually removed from the wage bill late in the financial year.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:41 pm

2570 posts.

Anyone else got that many on Planet Swamp? What about 1000? Does anyone even look at it?

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:44 pm

NJ73 wrote:
murphy wrote:

If we weren't 10pts clear perhaps I would care but at the moment we're going up. Another thing I don't care about is your debt cheating, ballboy time wasting club. Shame you didn't care about us eh.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:48 pm

murphy wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
murphy wrote:

If we weren't 10pts clear perhaps I would care but at the moment we're going up. Another thing I don't care about is your debt cheating, ballboy time wasting club. Shame you didn't care about us eh.

Yeah, I can tell by your vitriol that you don't care about us :lol:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:50 pm

NJ73 wrote:
murphy wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
murphy wrote:

Yeah, I can tell by your vitriol that you don't care about us :lol:

No I don't care about you, just f*cking hate you!

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm

It's none of your business you cretin.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:11 pm

Who gives a f**k. Cock

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:22 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:

It's none of your business you cretin.

"All opinions welcome"

Even yours unfortunately.