Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T legal advice

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Sorry to interrupt deleted posts and lawsuits :lol: :lol:

Just need a bit of info regarding this :ayatollah:

My mate was caught by the old bill with 4 blades in his possession in London. They bailed him, didn't charge him, no DNA taken and he said they were sound with him (basically he has a great career, kids, never been in trouble etc) they kept him in for 16 hours. His solicitor says that the old bill told her that they may not have to take it to the cps.

Now he thinks everything is ok as he bailed until feb. and I really want to think everything is fine a and dandy....just wondering if anybody on the forum has any knowledge (legal wise). Of being in possession of a knife (es) in a public place.. The nagging doubt I have in my head is when he said the OB were sound with him :?

Really appreciate your feedback :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: O/T legal advice

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:58 pm

Marc wrote:Sorry to interrupt deleted posts and lawsuits :lol: :lol:

My mate was caught by the old bill with 4 blades in his possession in London. They bailed him, didn't charge him, no DNA taken and he said they were sound with him (basically he has a great career, kids, never been in trouble etc) they kept him in for 16 hours. His solicitor says that the old bill told her that they may not have to take it to the cps.

Now he thinks everything is ok as he bailed until feb. and I really want to think everything is fine a and dandy....just wondering if anybody on the forum has any knowledge (legal wise). Of being in possession of a knife (es) in a public place.. The nagging doubt I have in my head is when he said the OB were sound with him :?

Who the f**k walks around with four knives

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:02 pm

I would advise that yer mate see's a solicitor pronto.

This is not based on any legal knowledge just I lived in London until a couple of years ago and they are very tough on carrying knives in public which I believe has increased due to the amount of knife crime. I suspect that he'll need a damn good reason to be carrying knives such as part of his trade otherwise he could get done. In his favour is that London Coppers are far too busy dealing (or not usually) with real crimes but they are run be University types who think they know it all so may do him to get their "crime" figures up. Very unlikely to go the big house possibly just a fine or conditional discharge but may result in criminal record which can cause other problems. The fact that he's been bailed suggests that something isn't quite right here so legal advice is a must I suggest.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Very strange, if someone is arrested and taken into custody, they are always processed (fingerprints and DNA) prior to being bailed, obviously he has been bailed for police and CPS to prepare a case against him, no matter how sound they were, when he goes back to answer his bail he will likely be charged and bailed to court, if he was caught with 4 blades on him and he had no excuse for them, he's 'bang to rights' as they say.

No idea about a likely punishment from the court, suppose it will be down to his previous

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:09 pm

kingdong wrote:

He was in a pub, had a fight with a few of them, went to his fathers house, was drunk and fuming and grabbed the blades and went back to the pub, on his way back to pub the OB had him on ground (OB don't know about pub mind). Was in lions den territory.

He's a great lad, ok a fuckin idiot for tooling himself up, especially the area he was in, although he lived there since he was a nipper..

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:18 pm

Gavlar wrote:Very strange, if someone is arrested and taken into custody, they are always processed (fingerprints and DNA) prior to being bailed, obviously he has been bailed for police and CPS to prepare a case against him, no matter how sound they were, when he goes back to answer his bail he will likely be charged and bailed to court, if he was caught with 4 blades on him and he had no excuse for them, he's 'bang to rights' as they say.

No idea about a likely punishment from the court, suppose it will be down to his previous

Gav, this is what I found strange, he's a great friend and asked him loads of times if he telling me everything.. I've been nicked a few times and they always DNA and fingerprint. :? Yeah something not right here.. Cheers mate :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:38 pm

They've got dirt on him now, they'll use him for personal gain. probably make him a snitch, or a rent boy.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:42 pm

they'll have him for going equiped

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Marc wrote:
kingdong wrote:

He was in a pub, had a fight with a few of them, went to his fathers house, was drunk and fuming and grabbed the blades and went back to the pub, on his way back to pub the OB had him on ground (OB don't know about pub mind). Was in lions den territory.

He's a great lad, ok a fuckin idiot for tooling himself up, especially the area he was in, although he lived there since he was a nipper..

I personally cant see the police taking I was on my way to the pub all tooled up like because I was in a fight earlier as a reasonable excuse for carrying 4 knives. Could be wrong though.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:54 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Marc wrote:
kingdong wrote:

I personally cant see the police taking I was on my way to the pub all tooled up like because I was in a fight earlier as a reasonable excuse for carrying 4 knives. Could be wrong though.

Agree

If this is a true story then he is fucked, there is always an exception and he might be the lucky 1 in 1000 but your looking at bird for walking round with four blades.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Read what I said. The OB don't know he was on his way to the pub :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:10 pm

Marc wrote:Read what I said. The OB don't know he was on his way to the pub :ayatollah:

it will come out the police aint stupid, the only thing I can think of is why did they stop him in the first place?
if its an illegal stop and search it will get thrown out because they shouldnt have stopped him in the first place regardless of what he was carrying.
or if the arresting officer has realised he should never have stopped him and has been released but then he wouldnt be on bail.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Marc, it doesn't matter mate, you can be done with having a baseball bat in your car ffs, if your walking down the street at
night with four knives then your are fucked.

Unless he has a pretty good story I would be amazed if he gets off.

Basically mate, its impossible to give a true opinion on the information you have given as without wanting to seem harsh
its sounds like bullshit or that you havnt been given the full story.

all the best

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:17 pm

Marc wrote:Read what I said. The OB don't know he was on his way to the pub :ayatollah:

They do if they read this :lol:

But he's got no excuse to be walking around with four knives.
What could he possibly say he needed them for?

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:22 pm

kingdong wrote:

They do if they read this :lol:

But he's got no excuse to be walking around with four knives.
What could he possibly say he needed them for?

he could of been a late night sushi chef

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:23 pm

He's FUKed!!! In my experience, the police are only "sound" with you when they know they got you by the balls. Tell him to go get a brief! Courts are heavy on possession of an offence weapon these days. By the way.. Why would the police need D.N.A evidence if they caught him with the knives? Do they think he may be involved in another crime involving thoughs knives?

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:23 pm

What I'm telling you is the truth. He's a good mate....he had a fight in the pub, went back to his dads got the blades. The OB caught him before he got it pub. Thankfully. He telling them he was emotional, was carrying as going to do himself him. (Blagging it).... :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 pm

Marc wrote:What I'm telling you is the truth. He's a good mate....he had a fight in the pub, went back to his dads got the blades. The OB caught him before he got it pub. Thankfully. He telling them he was emotional, was carrying as going to do himself him. (Blagging it).... :ayatollah:

I'm sure he's loving you putting all this over the Internet.
So his excuse was he was mentally unstable carrying four knives.
He's fucked

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:33 pm

Oh Dear Marc.

I would say your friend is in trouble mate, get him to see a decent brief asap.

Personal issues or alcohol make it worse in my experience.

For example, being drunk does not go down well or act as an excuse. Learnt that myself the hard way.

Having said all that mate, like I said above there is always an exception to the rule and the OB might have seen something
in your mate and play it down. There are always the odd decent copper out there, fingers crossed mate.

I carried a blade years ago in my car, luckily for me my father found it under the mat when he was in there as a passenger
and gave me a proper going over and I soon saw the error of my ways.. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:55 pm

kingdong wrote:
Marc wrote:What I'm telling you is the truth. He's a good mate....he had a fight in the pub, went back to his dads got the blades. The OB caught him before he got it pub. Thankfully. He telling them he was emotional, was carrying as going to do himself him. (Blagging it).... :ayatollah:

I'm sure he's loving you putting all this over the Internet.
So his excuse was he was mentally unstable carrying four knives.
He's fucked

Nice one. I'm putting it on the forum as I know a lot of people on here who can offer advice.....thanks for your input.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:56 pm

Gavlar wrote:Very strange, if someone is arrested and taken into custody, they are always processed (fingerprints and DNA) prior to being bailed, obviously he has been bailed for police and CPS to prepare a case against him, no matter how sound they were, when he goes back to answer his bail he will likely be charged and bailed to court, if he was caught with 4 blades on him and he had no excuse for them, he's 'bang to rights' as they say.

Gav is correct here and he should have been 'processed' correctly (although that will often depend on a number of circumstances) if he was actually arrested and it would be surprising if they didn't for such an offence as carrying FOUR blades. BUT, as none of us were there and we don't really know the full circumstances it is difficult to assess what may or may not have occurred

I can tell you this:

If your mate was arrested, no physical offence had occurred and was then compliant with the police then there would be no reason for them to treat him in any other way than stated, i.e. soundly

However, IF they believe an offence HAS occurred (carrying of a knife or knives has recently been upgraded in seriousness as an offence) then they are OBLIGED in law to forward all files to the CPS for consideration. The CPS will then make a decision using all available evidence (in this case the the knives being in his possession) and will make a decision 'based in the public interest' which can often mean the 'likelihood' of a conviction in Court

Legal advice will often suggest that a defendant (if they wish to contest the charge) should choose to go for a jury hearing rather than a Magistrates hearing, as there is more likelihood of your 'peers' seeing the wider picture

With regard to the end date of 'bail' there is no value in believing that the longer it goes on the more likelihood there is of them 'dropping' the case, as the police will have 'arrested' him in order to carry out a more detailed investigation of any alledged offence and are often unhurried in their approach. The day of reckoning (good or bad) will often come on the date of the next bail meeting and they may either charge for the offence, caution or dismiss the investigation

There is some value in consulting a solicitor who can ask a few questions on his behalf but that costs money and, in all reality, the time for that is when a decision is made to charge for the offence ;)

I'm not sure that will help your friend directly but I hope, at least, it will enlighten :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:58 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Oh Dear Marc.

I would say your friend is in trouble mate, get him to see a decent brief asap.

Personal issues or alcohol make it worse in my experience.

For example, being drunk does not go down well or act as an excuse. Learnt that myself the hard way.

Having said all that mate, like I said above there is always an exception to the rule and the OB might have seen something
in your mate and play it down. There are always the odd decent copper out there, fingers crossed mate.

I carried a blade years ago in my car, luckily for me my father found it under the mat when he was in there as a passenger
and gave me a proper going over and I soon saw the error of my ways.. :ayatollah:

Millar :ayatollah: :ayatollah: I fear for him he tells me all ok etc. I think you are right. Just don't want to tell him , as he thinks....the OB and solicitor was sound, so everything ok. Thanks for the reply mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Nice one Sven :ayatollah: :ayatollah: trust me, this is real :ayatollah: :ayatollah: What you posted is great mind. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:15 pm

Your friend can Ring the number below for free confidential telephone advice.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Marc wrote:Nice one Sven :ayatollah: :ayatollah: trust me, this is real :ayatollah: :ayatollah: What you posted is great mind. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No worries, mate. I wasn't suggesting it wasn't real. I simply meant NONE OF US ON HERE know the FULL FACTS :ayatollah:

Either you or your mate should give M4 Solicitor a call on the number below FOR FREE. I'm reliably informed he is to be trusted ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Tell him to pack his vaseline and hair removal cream.. The brothers on A WING prefer there bitches to have smooth legs and lubrication at the ready for the shower scene. Theyl also expect him to have at least an ounce of weed plugged up his arse when he enters the prison Lol

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:09 pm

One question, why four blades? Was he planning on sitting on the floor with two in his hand and holding two with his feet? ;)

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:40 am

Sven Ghali wrote:
Marc wrote:Nice one Sven :ayatollah: :ayatollah: trust me, this is real :ayatollah: :ayatollah: What you posted is great mind. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No worries, mate. I wasn't suggesting it wasn't real. I simply meant NONE OF US ON HERE know the FULL FACTS :ayatollah:

Either you or your mate should give M4 Solicitor a call on the number below FOR FREE. I'm reliably informed he is to be trusted ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks for the endorsement

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:24 am

SH21bluebird wrote:One question, why four blades? Was he planning on sitting on the floor with two in his hand and holding two with his feet? ;)

He was going to storm the pub like a ninja and pin the fuckers to the wall.