Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MP from Bradford

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:38 pm

Personally I don't see the problem.

He has quite rightly stated the Holocaust was mass murder...... then he states what has been inflicted on the Palestinians is terrible too.

Have I missed something?

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/at- ... witterfeed

Re: MP from Bradford

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:46 pm

exactly. :( what as happened to freedom of speech.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:34 pm

Maerdy boy wrote:exactly. :( what as happened to freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech is a load of bollocks and always has been. It's more of a freedom to express your speech, if you know what I mean?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:43 pm

It would seem to be an overreaction but all politicians should be careful of using the Holocaust in such throw away terms.

I don't deny that Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians is absolutely appalling.

However, it cannot be compared to what happened in the Nazi concentration camps which was the bloodiest destruction of life in human history.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:05 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:It would seem to be an overreaction but all politicians should be careful of using the Holocaust in such throw away terms.

I don't deny that Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians is absolutely appalling.

However, it cannot be compared to what happened in the Nazi concentration camps which was the bloodiest destruction of life in human history.

It's got nothing to do with comparing the Israeli's treatment of the Palestinians as a holocaust, it's the fact that he spoke out against Israel, he's not the only MP being in trouble for speaking out against Israel.