Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: INSURANCE HELP

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Ben wrote:just because you've passed your test, doesn't mean you can drive! its when all young and first time drivers are likey to have a bump, plus all the tossers who claim whiplash left right and center

you've got a few years before you learn the road and how to drive properly :malky:

fair enough tbh, i know you only start learning to drive properly when you're by yourself! but anyway the main reason why insurances prices are way up is cos of young boys racing round the place, kitting out their cars with all this stuff that cost more than the actual car!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:08 pm

@teenageblue... lucky you, when i tried that with my grandfather (who i live with) it actually went up by a few hundred... what site did you check that on?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:16 pm

The co-op young drivers follow the link Gav posted and make sure you click the right button on the screen! 2 years NCB will help! Don't know why your quote was so high...fiddle around with it! Should definitely be a lot cheaper than £3000

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:38 pm

TeenageBlue wrote:The co-op young drivers follow the link Gav posted and make sure you click the right button on the screen! 2 years NCB will help! Don't know why your quote was so high...fiddle around with it! Should definitely be a lot cheaper than £3000

i'll give it another try now!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Cal, make sure you add a named driver, it's important to the quote

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Gavlar wrote:Cal, make sure you add a named driver, it's important to the quote

yeah i just did, came up as £2100 so works out £300 cheaper! but when it asks for the NCD it is 0 isn't it? it didn't ask for my fathers NCD so im confused!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:01 pm

http://www.ikubeinsurance.com/

I was with them. £1800 on a sport. No named drivers, just myself. Good deal but you can't drive between 11 and 6am i think which for some can be a deal breaker.

Very good policy and a few times I got in just after 11 and never got done so I think there is some leeway on the timescale before you get charged extra.

Just remember if you are picking up a bird and need to get the deed done you need to leave yourself enough time to get home before 11. :lol: :thumbright:

All the best. Its stupid but I've learnt more about driving since having passed my test and being on the road than during. You'll probably be the same and its all part of the learning curve. The test only takes you up to a certain standard and does not feature all of the things it should in reality such as motorway driving. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:15 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:http://www.ikubeinsurance.com/

I was with them. £1800 on a sport. No named drivers, just myself. Good deal but you can't drive between 11 and 6am i think which for some can be a deal breaker.

Very good policy and a few times I got in just after 11 and never got done so I think there is some leeway on the timescale before you get charged extra.

Just remember if you are picking up a bird and need to get the deed done you need to leave yourself enough time to get home before 11. :lol: :thumbright:

All the best. Its stupid but I've learnt more about driving since having passed my test and being on the road than during. You'll probably be the same and its all part of the learning curve. The test only takes you up to a certain standard and does not feature all of the things it should in reality such as motorway driving. :ayatollah:

problem is one of the main reasons i want to drive is to get back from cardiff midweek games early in the morning! that'll be a problem if im given a curfew! 2 policies i got is either £2400 fully comp with no box, or £2200 fully comp with a box and curfew... thanks for your help mate :ayatollah: