Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Liverpool's John Flanagan

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:42 pm

Just served him in work (bought an iPhone 5 btw) :lol: Got talking about his injury and he said he's out for 2 months, I asked him in a joking manner that he should "come to Cardiff on loan next season, premiership (hopefully) and its more football under your belt, we need a decent right back!"

To which he replied " I'd go on loan to Cardiff if you went up". Don't know if he was serious but we both laughed. He would be a good assets in my opinion...fits malky's 'criteria' surely.

Re: Liverpool's John Flanagan

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:48 pm

Decent right back? so matthew connley isnt a decent right back then? conners is a much better player then john flanagan

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Prefer him in the middle...personally.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Hudson and turner done well there this season, plus nugent can do a job there. but i like the fact conners can play anywhere across the back 4, dnt see many of them these days. watched john flanagan plenty of times, and dnt like him. just my opinion

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:03 pm

Flanagan's been on my most-wanted signings list for the entire season. Would love to see him in a City shirt.

Throw Connolly in the middle and such a move could work out well.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:24 pm

If it didn't work at Liverpool then id like to think he's see a club like us an ideal club to develop his game and Malky see's him as the type of young british talent we'd try to bring in at premiership level.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:49 pm

Watched him a good few times and see him as a league 1 player. Anyone with sky can watch the Liverpool ressies and kids play on the lfc tv channel. He grafts but looks a bag of nerves on the ball.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:08 pm

Of course he'd be glad to join you on loan, because he's useless. Not going to make it at Liverpool, will do well to get a contract at Tranmere. Nowhere near as good as the likes of Jack Robinson or Andre Wisdom and when he has played for Liverpool he's more often than not a liability. You've got at least 7 or 8 defenders better than him.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:16 am

Cardiff_Davies wrote:Decent right back? so matthew connley isnt a decent right back then? conners is a much better player then john flanagan

Yeah Connolly is a decent right-back at best, clearly a centre-half by trade.

But we don't need a new RB anyway because Kev is more than good enough whether we go up or not.