Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ftao Stuey 1981

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:34 pm

I am sure Sandy wouldn't agree with your comment? Any way how is Sandy? I used to work in the Development department at Pendragon, so our paths would have crossed, ask Sandy about the time we were working in Earls court setting up a show, the yer was when England played Scotland in the Euros, sandy went to see the game and we finished setting up the show at about 10.30 pm, but no Hotel was booked, so dew drove to Berkshire and stayed in a big country Hotel, by the time we had checked in the bar had closed, but we managed to get some bottles of lager that were on offer, so we settled down and had a quiet drink, when we had cleared them out of drink it was 6.00 in the morning, we had about two hrs kip before we had to get up for breakfast, the funny thing was Simon Langford the Design Director gave Sandy a rollicking for leading myself and Peter who was the junior Designer astray, that was so funny: tell him Steve from Maesteg is asking how he is doing :old:

Re: Ftao Stuey 1981

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:41 pm

I suppose its a case of 'You had to be there'....

:lol:

Re: Ftao Stuey 1981

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:13 pm

ive not seen him for a little while but i have heard that story before.I worked there me and sandy always about 3 weeks before all the shows with simon and his wife nikki, always had to listen to the same 3 cds in the showroom as i wasnt allowed to change them :) .im sure we would have met before i started with sandy when i was 15 and only last year i set up on my own at 30 so i had 15 yrs with him,hes also my uncle.Used to love the breakfast aswell. p.s i dint mean me on my own lol wasnt being big headed but i bet i spent about 50 working weeks in that place over the years.