Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Best Away Day With The City??

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:34 pm

Whats everybody's best away day with the city? :ayatollah: :malky:

Re: Best Away Day With The City??

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Stockport away, not sure why, infact I don't even remember the score :oops:
It was the game Jenkins swallowed his tongue and Scott young saved his life. It was just a brilliant day out :ayatollah:
Best pie I've had at a game as well :old:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:43 pm

Sounds good :lol:

Mine has to be Stoke away in the F.A cup and we not only outsang them but on a freezing cold day all 1200 bluebirds took there shoes off and sang our hearts out.

Was a bonus to see chops score aswell :thumbup:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:43 pm

I know my worst!

Burnley away 2 seasons ago, spent the whole game in the back of a Police van for being too worse for ware, still had my hip flask of malt with me though in that bloody dark cubby hole! :malky:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Oldham away 7-1 is up there, but my fav is qpr away a good few years ago on a Friday night when earnie scored a hat trick I think. Went out clubbing after and got completely off my tits :thumbright:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:40 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Stockport away, not sure why, infact I don't even remember the score :oops:
It was the game Jenkins swallowed his tongue and Scott young saved his life. It was just a brilliant day out :ayatollah:

March 2003. 1-1 score.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:41 pm

Theres been too many to think of just one, but QPR is always a good day.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:43 pm

been some good ones in the 5 years ive been going away, qpr away when it got quite tasty outside, watford away when i had a bit too much of the old class a :lol: was shaking like a shitting dog in the ground :lol: and swansea away when bellamy scored

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:52 pm

Either Leeds away when we beat them 4-0 or the last time we went to Swansea. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Bha away last season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:56 pm

Aarhuus and Standard Liege.

Sunderland and Sheff Utd about 5-6 years ago :o

Brentford in the home end over christmas and spotted and removed some 15 years ago?

Toom many to mention to be honest, each ahs its own memories :old:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:36 pm

exeter away in 86, 0-0 draw with graham moseley saving a last minute penalty, pitch invasion and he was carried off on the shoulders of city fans

4-1 win at wolves in 88, courtesy of gilliagan & wimbleton

3-0 at scunthorpe in 93

2-5 in liege in 93

2-1 at boro in 94, extra time winner, goals from stantona and blakey

jacks in the cup in 91 - bedlam !

2-0 league cup win at the jacks back in about 86 after a 0-1 defeat at NP in the 1st leg

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:39 pm

sheff utd 4-3

leicester this season

blackpool this season

nearly every away game is brillant

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:43 pm

Reading last season or Leicester this season.. Bristol away was good last year mind :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:46 pm

Liege probably. Anything that could go wrong went wrong, and everything
that could go right went right too. Mad trip. What a goal by Birdy too :ayatollah: :malky:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:47 pm

In the last 5 years it has to be Leeds away 4-0.

Overtime it has to be the days of the late 70s with my mates from Barry when we use to take the transit van. We used some dodgy vans and had to avoid the motorways. Broke down a few times, sometimes getting home like 6 AM on the Sunday.

Although it was not the most comfortable of travel arrangements it kept us out of trouble. Nothing better than having a quick get away......providing the thing did not break down.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:50 pm

Leicester in the play offs :ayatollah:

If you count neutral grounds, then QPR in the play off final.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:18 pm

murphy wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Stockport away, not sure why, infact I don't even remember the score :oops:

March 2003. 1-1 score.

Wow nearly 10 years ago :o god I'm getting old :lol:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:27 pm

Cambridge away. Rourke's Drift.

Best away trip ever. Down to 8 men, saved a penalty and still didn't lose.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:00 am

QPR away 4:0 win in the Millennium season, annihilated London...

Bangor away FAW Premier Cup a few years ago, we did it in a minibus through Mid-Wales, Gwyn surely remembers...game was utter shite and it was pissing down but it was a brilliant day out, lots of laughs etc

Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:15 am

tangledupinblue wrote:I know my worst!

Burnley away 2 seasons ago, spent the whole game in the back of a Police van for being too worse for ware, still had my hip flask of malt with me though in that bloody dark cubby hole! :malky:

That game was one that sticks out to me. Between you and Souness I think everyone on our bus heard your story about thirty times :lol: Souness smoking a couple of sticks of filters was pretty funny as well :laughing6:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:30 am

Avon barksdale wrote:Oldham away 7-1 is up there, but my fav is qpr away a good few years ago on a Friday night when earnie scored a hat trick I think. Went out clubbing after and got completely off my tits :thumbright:

I was there that night and it was a mixed bag for me! I had Earnie first goal scorer and City 3 v 0. All was going well until Andy Campbell scored a 4th at the 2nd attempt.

Great night out afterwards mind you, after we got away from the thousands of Londoners trying to kill us that was! Mental night!

My favourite away trip ever though was Wrexham in '93 when we were both in he hunt for the title. Superb day from start to finish.

Oldham 7 v 1 was surreal! Andy Goram played in goal as a favour and conceded 7, poor b@stard!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:11 pm

Blackburn away this season was the best for a long time.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:18 pm

The 2 that stick to mind with me and we lost them both !
1998 Brentford away, 1st v 2nd in Division 3(i think). Totally rammed and lucky to get in ground, We got you surrounded :lol:

And the other i enjoyed was Reading away in the old Elm park in fa cup. Might have been the same season. Craig Middleton and Lee Jarman missing penalties in a shootout

Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:38 pm

Double G wrote:The 2 that stick to mind with me and we lost them both !
1998 Brentford away, 1st v 2nd in Division 3(i think). Totally rammed and lucky to get in ground, We got you surrounded :lol:

And the other i enjoyed was Reading away in the old Elm park in fa cup. Might have been the same season. Craig Middleton and Lee Jarman missing penalties in a shootout

I was locked outside of the first one (with a good 1,500 others) and there for the 2nd. That was a great night. We matched a good Reading side and were unlucky to lose. Although we rode our luck at home before getting the replay.

Colchester away on a Friday night was a good one too. Must have been 92 or 93. It was Comic Relief night I think.

We had 2 pitch invasions after scoring. Chris Pike was brilliant, no really! We won 4 v 2 and so many of us turned up they had to move the home fans out of one of their stands! Walked about 2 miles to find a pub that wasn't rammed full of Cardiff where we could get in!

Spurs away in the Worthy Cup when Willie Bolland hit the bar from 700 yards out. Top atmosphere!

Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:43 pm

Will always remember my first away day when we lost 3-0 to Bury in 2001 in Division 2.

The mascots had a scrap during the game. Quite funny.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Mine has to be rotherham first game in the championship (division 1) boiling hot day 2,800 city fans singing from start to finish crap game but great atmosphere! :malky:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:18 pm

Monkey86 wrote:Mine has to be rotherham first game in the championship (division 1) boiling hot day 2,800 city fans singing from start to finish crap game but great atmosphere! :malky:

Just before we signed Alan Lee! That was the hottest day ever and we wore a black kit! John Robinson ran so much he must have lost about 3 stone in sweat!

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:52 pm

Either west brom away 4/5 seasons ago
Or
Chesterfield 12/15 years ago because it was my first away and I just remember standing and being in awe of the "bigger men" around me :lol: And there was trouble after, remember my uncle grabbing me and jumping on the bus, then him "popping back out"

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Brentford 98.

Used to enjoy all the trips in the old days, Mansfield and Leyton Orient were always enjoyable

:thumbup: