Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " UPDATE THURSDAY 24/1/13 ON CARDIFF CITY "

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:12 pm

Ccfcsmart wrote:Annis. My season ticket is in 117 row R seat 940. How far over will be losing their seat if we go up?? Sorry when we go up :-) When will we find out?? Cheers

After Feb 1st you can ask them in the ticket office. As I have not got the seating plan in front of me, I'm not sure whose exact seats just those rows nearest away end sorry, approx 100 seats,no more.

Re: UPDATE 24/1/13 NEW SEASON TICKETS/TICKET SALES/BANNING O

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:13 pm

wez1927 wrote:
corky wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
M4 Solicitor wrote:On the early removal of a Banning Order, it's the Court (in Cardiff Magistrates a District Judge) who decides whether an Order Should be lifted.

Provided no fresh offences of any type have been committed since the order was made, the worst the Court can do is impose Court costs against you.

I'm happy to give free telephone advice to anyone considering making an application.

The police stated tonight they would not oppose them, if they had been out of trouble lately, if that happens then they are virtually lifted then. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

what about appeal any other time after 3 years of a 6 year ban has anyone tryed it ?

Wez the rule us two thirds of the banning order must be completed,,,so a three year ban can appeal after 24 months, a six year ban would allow an appeal after 48 months or four years

corky have you come across any cases where anyone has tried doing it before the 2 rds time served ?

You cant Wez, 2 3rd is the minimum, I appealed and lost few years ago, quite happy to share my experience with you or Corky, pm me if you want.

:ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:17 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
corky wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
M4 Solicitor wrote:On the early removal of a Banning Order, it's the Court (in Cardiff Magistrates a District Judge) who decides whether an Order Should be lifted.

Provided no fresh offences of any type have been committed since the order was made, the worst the Court can do is impose Court costs against you.

I'm happy to give free telephone advice to anyone considering making an application.

The police stated tonight they would not oppose them, if they had been out of trouble lately, if that happens then they are virtually lifted then. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

what about appeal any other time after 3 years of a 6 year ban has anyone tryed it ?

Wez the rule us two thirds of the banning order must be completed,,,so a three year ban can appeal after 24 months, a six year ban would allow an appeal after 48 months or four years

corky have you come across any cases where anyone has tried doing it before the 2 rds time served ?

You cant Wez, 2 3rd is the minimum, I appealed and lost few years ago, quite happy to share my experience with you or Corky, pm me if you want.

how long did you do it after ? people say they can increase the ban can they do that ? :?:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Excellent news, may well get an interest free form sent to me :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:21 pm

Sounds about right with the red shirts. 15,000 glory hunters at our club. :cry:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:24 pm

corky wrote:

My information is different to that and usually the banned person needs to apply to the court that issued the ban...before that though my advice would be to contact myself or Vince...

Unfortunately it's a Court Order. The Court that imposed the order is the only authority that has the power to vary an order early. For instance, having represeted a Bluebird in the Stoke disorder, we had to travel to the Court in Stoke to request that the Order was lifted early.

Having personally represented applicants, the SWP do not attend Court. There is usually a representative from the CPS in Court who rarely knows about the original case. A personal reference from the SWP would help but even then it is entirely in the Court's discretion

Three important factors the court will look at are previous convictions, the seriousness of the original offence & the applicants conduct since the Ban was imposed.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:24 pm

I did it after 2 rds mate, hadn't been in any trouble, never went to a game and complied with every sign in (used to leave my passport permantly in police station) as it was easier.

I appealed it and was given a date for a hearing at the court where the ban was issued and was turned down flat, they even had someone from the CPS there acting on behalf of the force who arrested me to make sure I didn't get the last bit knocked off.

It was a complete farce and some of the stuff they came out with was comical.

One good thing though, it never cost me a penny in court fees and I had a duty solicitor for free.

I know your circumstances from what you have put on here mate and to be honest with you, given the nature of the game and the Police Force involved I would be very surprised if anyone banned from the game gets a bit knocked off unfortunately.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:28 pm

Wez the info above is correct mate...here is the legal part for you

(1) If a banning order has had effect for at least two-thirds of the period determined under section 14F above, the person subject to the order may apply to the court by which it was made to terminate it.
(2) On the application, the court may by order terminate the banning order as from a specified date or refuse the application.
(3) In exercising its powers under subsection (2) above, the court must have regard to the person’s character, his conduct since the banning order was made, the nature of the offence or conduct which led to it and any other circumstances which appear to it to be relevant.
(4) Where an application under subsection (1) above in respect of a banning order is refused, no further application in respect of the order may be made within the period of six months beginning with the day of the refusal.
(5) The court may order the applicant to pay all or any part of the costs of an application under this section.
(6) In the case of a banning order made by a magistrates’ court, the reference in subsection (1) above to the court by which it was made includes a reference to any magistrates’ court acting for the same petty session’s area as that court.

If you had the support of SW Police you would stand a chance, without it then you would struggle and the CPS might well challenge your application...when the time comes contact me and maybe we can go to talk to the SW Police and ask if its worth your time and money appealing.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Looks like I'm getting banned for standing then :lol:

They won't stop people standing and singing in the Ninian, they will have to ban the whole block, it simply won't happen.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:31 pm

so, do you need to get the finance form fill it in before tickets go on sale? how long is the wait? i.e. tickets could of gone on sale, lose out because your waiting to hear from the finance company?

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:33 pm

corky wrote:Wez the info above is correct mate...here is the legal part for you

(1) If a banning order has had effect for at least two-thirds of the period determined under section 14F above, the person subject to the order may apply to the court by which it was made to terminate it.
(2) On the application, the court may by order terminate the banning order as from a specified date or refuse the application.
(3) In exercising its powers under subsection (2) above, the court must have regard to the person’s character, his conduct since the banning order was made, the nature of the offence or conduct which led to it and any other circumstances which appear to it to be relevant.
(4) Where an application under subsection (1) above in respect of a banning order is refused, no further application in respect of the order may be made within the period of six months beginning with the day of the refusal.
(5) The court may order the applicant to pay all or any part of the costs of an application under this section.
(6) In the case of a banning order made by a magistrates’ court, the reference in subsection (1) above to the court by which it was made includes a reference to any magistrates’ court acting for the same petty session’s area as that court.

If you had the support of SW Police you would stand a chance, without it then you would struggle and the CPS might well challenge your application...when the time comes contact me and maybe we can go to talk to the SW Police and ask if its worth your time and money appealing.

cheers corky looks like i will have to wait another 2 years at least in the premier league i can watch every game in my pub untill then :malky: :(

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:33 pm

Wonder what the meeting carl has been called to concerning the club is about ?? :D :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:35 pm

They should just come into the Canton Stand(persistent standers), then we're all happy. Be happy with a view and that etc or moving to the Canton Stand for being able to stand up

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
sneggygirl wrote:10 months interest free ?

Fair play to the club, fantastic news. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

thats better than the last 4 years of 5 months intrest free, great deal :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:50 pm

Is there an option on ticket website to pay by installments when you renew or do you have to go to the ticket office and get a form?

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:01 pm

What the price for the season en any one now ? :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:41 pm

15,000 red shirts

Annis, why isn't the CCS awash with red on match days with approx 20, 000 odd fans per games and 15, 000 sold Hmmmm

Not seen many worn around town either.

I wonder how many the Malaysians have bought to make it look like loads being sold or am I just an old cynic!!!!!!

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:43 pm

blue dragon wrote:15,000 red shirts

Annis, why isn't the CCS awash with red on match days with approx 20, 000 odd fans per games and 15, 000 sold Hmmmm

I wonder how many the Malaysians have bought to make it look like loads being sold or am I just an old cynic!!!!!!

I believe them on the figures, shocked, but so many buy merchandise, but only go now and again, you would be shocked as well.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:47 pm

Hope we get 1000 for Huddersfield.

400 and the game is like a month away for Wolves.. We will sell that out easy.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:50 pm

Reply from Vince Alm

If you want to stand go in the canton stand there is no problem there as long as you don't stand in aisle. Nice to see a picture of the kop on here plenty of singing from there opposite the away fans, just like the stretford end.

I would have sympathy if there was no standing tolerated in the ground but there is, every one as been warned now continue standing 2 things happen,

1. the club will ban supporters for standing

or

2. the council will force the club to close the block reducing the capacity

There is no one who likes standing more than me at a football match but from day one the ninian stand was always no standing where as the canton it would be tolerated.

I don't buy the idea you need to be next to the away supporters to create an atmosphere either you sing or you don't, for many years we were nowhere near the away supporters at Ninian Park and according to you the atmosphere was much better.

The canton as the potential to create a fantastic atmosphere and does on quite a number of occasions. the supporters there are very passionate and less likely to get on the players backs the rest of us should take a leaf out their book. i thoroughly enjoyed it over there last season with the lads and the drum great supporters very passionate, and a good bunch to be with

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:52 pm

I am dissapointed with the Huddersfield sales.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 pm

Can we still do the 5 month plan... Will all be accepted no matter what. I've done that since its been going

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 pm

blue dragon wrote:15,000 red shirts

Not everyone buts tops to wear on a match day.
I've had many a top but don't Always wear them on a match day.

I see a lot if red tops in the pubs etc before games but very rarely a new blue one.
I would say the majority go to the game casual.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:11 pm

thomasblue wrote:Wonder what the meeting carl has been called to concerning the club is about ?? :D :ayatollah:

i would think/hope that we might get an update tomorrow or the weekend from Carl ;) :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

thats good. we need the boys back for chelsea and man ure etc , next season :ayatollah: :lol:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply from Vince Alm

If you want to stand go in the canton stand there is no problem there as long as you don't stand in aisle. Nice to see a picture of the kop on here plenty of singing from there opposite the away fans, just like the stretford end.

I would have sympathy if there was no standing tolerated in the ground but there is, every one as been warned now continue standing 2 things happen,

or

There is no one who likes standing more than me at a football match but from day one the ninian stand was always no standing where as the canton it would be tolerated.

I don't buy the idea you need to be next to the away supporters to create an atmosphere either you sing or you don't, for many years we were nowhere near the away supporters at Ninian Park and according to you the atmosphere was much better.

The canton as the potential to create a fantastic atmosphere and does on quite a number of occasions. the supporters there are very passionate and less likely to get on the players backs the rest of us should take a leaf out their book. i thoroughly enjoyed it over there last season with the lads and the drum great supporters very passionate, and a good bunch to be with

Fully agree with everything Vince has said there

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:41 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I am dissapointed with the Huddersfield sales.

Still a while to go before the game mate

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply from Vince Alm

or

So can someone tell me how the council can force sections of the ground to closed down for standing, presumably over concerns for crowd safety yet are happy to allow standing in another seated area? Is the safety of the Canton supporters less important!? both areas to all intense purposes is structurely exactly the same,I don't get it! Its surely either a safety issue that is balck and white or its not a safety issue.

Personally, for me in equal measures, I like being in a side stand Ninian, as you get a better view of the whole field, yet I occassionally like to stand and sing. I like to hear the opposition supporters, it gets an atmosphere going, always has done at football, anyone who says different is lying.
I never really understand why people want to sit close to the away fans, yet insist that they will not tollerate standing, surely they must understand that a lot who took seats there were our livelier bunch of supporters who also like the banter with the opposing fans? If its a case of complaints from supporters that the club are acting on the why not have discussion with those who are complaining and move them to areas further along, I'm sure a staright forward swap could take place where supporters further along to the middle of the stand or towards to the Canton would gladly take their place.
At Ninian Park, the atmosphere was only ever awesome when the grangend, Bob bank and grandstand lower worked off each other, we need atmosphere in a couple of areas not confined to just one. If there is to be a good atmosphere the away supporters need to hear us, which means having a lively crowd next to them.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:21 am

For some time now fans were complaining about having a standing area, you have it...it's called the Canton stand.

If you want to stand then shift over there.

It really isn't that complicated.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:46 am

Some of the pro standing (in the Ninian) posters on here remind me of little children in the street, stamping their feet, shouting 'I want, I want, I want'.
Well chaps, in life you can't always have what you want. Get over it.