Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

250k members??

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:03 pm

where on earth is this database with 250k members that Annis keeps mentioning? intrigued!

Re: 250k members??

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:07 pm

I personally have three fan numbers.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:08 pm

The answer to that is at the club ticket office....every person that has bought a ticket since the ticketing technology was put in place about ten years ago is on our database.I clearly remember it being over 200,000 different customers that was a few years ago.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:13 pm

this figure would be much the same for clubs up and down the country wouldn't it? and I know people who have 4 or 5 seperate numbers.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:15 pm

williy1983 wrote:this figure would be much the same for clubs up and down the country wouldn't it? and I know people who have 4 or 5 seperate numbers.

No

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:18 pm

williy1983 wrote:this figure would be much the same for clubs up and down the country wouldn't it? and I know people who have 4 or 5 seperate numbers.

not about numbers, but people who have bought i think he means, individuals

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:20 pm

why would cardiff have a higher figure than anyone else? doesn't make much sense as home and away support is not the best (away one of the worst) in the 2nd tier. Sorry to refer to the west ham play off but not shifting 25,000 (10% of database) tells me that figure is greatly inflated???

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:21 pm

williy1983 wrote:why would cardiff have a higher figure than anyone else? doesn't make much sense as home and away support is not the best (away one of the worst) in the 2nd tier. Sorry to refer to the west ham play off but not shifting 25,000 (10% of database) tells me that figure is greatly inflated???

Sleeping giants

Wait till next season to see the demand

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:24 pm

corky wrote:The answer to that is at the club ticket office....every person that has bought a ticket since the ticketing technology was put in place about ten years ago is on our database.I clearly remember it being over 200,000 different customers that was a few years ago.

Cheers Corky :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:26 pm

williy1983 wrote:why would cardiff have a higher figure than anyone else? doesn't make much sense as home and away support is not the best (away one of the worst) in the 2nd tier. Sorry to refer to the west ham play off but not shifting 25,000 (10% of database) tells me that figure is greatly inflated???

You got your answer, I would imagine Man utd would have over a million on their database, even the Jacks will have over 100,000 and possibly as many as us....i do not know their figures and yes there will be some who have multiple fan numbers and many others who only ever made one visit to a game

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:34 pm

thanks corky for your answer - but what this thread has proven is that cardiff do not have 250k DIFFERENT people on their database as some people are on there more than once i.e. different address, paid using wife card etc etc etc. I'd say the swans have probably got a similar number to cardiff - why would it be any different give or take 10k??? your explanation is farcical - you try telling the world that cardiff have this huge database of fans when in truth it would be a similar size to any club with average crowds between 20k & 25k.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Over a season over 60,000 different home fans go through our turnstiles thats what the data base has also showed as well.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:38 pm

williy1983 wrote:thanks corky for your answer - but what this thread has proven is that cardiff do not have 250k DIFFERENT people on their database as some people are on there more than once i.e. different address, paid using wife card etc etc etc. I'd say the swans have probably got a similar number to cardiff - why would it be any different give or take 10k??? your explanation is farcical - you try telling the world that cardiff have this huge database of fans when in truth it would be a similar size to any club with average crowds between 20k & 25k.

Payment cards and addresses make no difference you quote an individual number. However, there will be some fans with more than one number but not many. I have three, but all are in use by three different individuals.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Over a season over 60,000 different home fans go through our turnstiles thats what the data base has also showed as well.

Now THAT makes a statement. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:44 pm

Annis - are you missing the point??? every club in medium size support bracket (cardiff, leicester, brighton etc.) will have had similar stats to what your quoting so saying you've had 60k different fans at ccs is not impressive - btw away support has been tragic this season - that suggests that the fair weather supporter (plastic) is very much alive at ccs.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:50 pm

The reality is there are not that many duplicates and the club are very happy with the numbers...mail shots and club info is sent out to many thousands ,many more than just season ticket holders....Swansea, being in the top flight should have increased their database, but I do not know anything about their ticket office so can't really comment.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:53 pm

thanks for filling me in corky - the world has gone very 'big brother'...databases are used so much these days.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:54 pm

The club had over 80,000 applications for cup final tickets from people off the data base, and some of those were for multiple purchases, i.e some who failed were trying to buy thre or four tickets, I remember when we played QPR in the play off final the amount of applications was immense.

I for one thought the figure was inflated, but if you do a straw poll around where you live, especially up here in valley land, I am always amazed the amount of people who class themselves as City fans, they may have not been down for years, they may never go down, lot's involved with local football etc. but they cling to every bit of info off the TV and radio plus what they read in the Echo.
There are many people who have bought merchandise on line etc who will show up on the data base, there really are thousands from overseas registered, lot's of exiles will cling to all things associated to Cardiff and the surrounding areas.

So 250,000 registrations is not as far out as some think. :old:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:56 pm

BigGwynram wrote:The club had over 80,000 applications for cup final tickets from people off the data base, and some of those were for multiple purchases, i.e some who failed were trying to buy thre or four tickets, I remember when we played QPR in the play off final the amount of applications was immense.

I for one thought the figure was inflated, but if you do a straw poll around where you live, especially up here in valley land, I am always amazed the amount of people who class themselves as City fans, they may have not been down for years, they may never go down, lot's involved with local football etc. but they cling to every bit of info off the TV and radio plus what they read in the Echo.
There are many people who have bought merchandise on line etc who will show up on the data base, there really are thousands from overseas registered, lot's of exiles will cling to all things associated to Cardiff and the surrounding areas.

So 250,000 registrations is not as far out as some think. :old:

next season there will be a lot of unhappy people wanting tickets but cant get them :o

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:59 pm

It will double with promotion, watch all the Man u supporting valley commandos jump aboard the bandwagon. They will be hopping over the border do from Gwent and with the Bristol clubs going down they will be come from there as well.

RIP CCFC, it will be unrecognizable to the old guard.

:old:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:59 pm

I've got at least 10 numbers, most of the fans I know have two or three at least. Just accidental from early web ticketing days. I would have thought only about 50,000 are duplicates.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:17 pm

west ham have got 670,000 on their database. would say that west are average size prem club, so that would put cardiff as lower reaches of prem - which is what the current support figures would suggest - away from home cardiffs support has been lower reaches of championship. cardiff will have no requirement for any stadium larger than 30,000 just like clubs of similar size and stature - swansea, southampton, leicester, boro etc.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Oh balls I fell for it again.

New forum member, no replies to other threads first, just starts off with a provocative first thread.

Not sticking to my own rules. :roll:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:32 pm

Wayne - can you point out what is provocative - i'm simply putting my point across, cardiff are not and will not be a big club away from this board. Your support away from home is on par with Barnsley and your top of the league ffs!!

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:33 pm

Bingo Wayne....Massive negative....RM. ;)

Hook line and sinker! :laughing6:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:37 pm

another Jack trolling it looks like, fishing for some bites and on a wind up march!

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:40 pm

I am indeed a swansea fan living in london - not winding up, just posting my views which you have every right to disagree with.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:44 pm

williy1983 wrote:I am indeed a swansea fan living in london - not winding up, just posting my views which you have every right to disagree with.

so really you haven't got much else to do on a thursday night other than troll on your rivals message boards and try stirring some shit! most Jacks know more about us than they do their own club!

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:45 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:another Jack trolling it looks like, fishing for some bites and on a wind up march!

Another ignored.

I feel dirty now, he's sat jerking off at every bite and I helped. Off for a cold shower with a scrubbing brush. :?

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:55 pm

williy1983 wrote:I am indeed a swansea fan living in london - not winding up, just posting my views which you have every right to disagree with.

A Swansea fan living in London so he can get into Wembley for free because he hasn't received his giro? ;)