Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" STANDING UP IN THE NEW STADIUM "

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Tonight there is a meeting at the club and as well as many other items on the agenda.

Standing in the Cardiff City Stadium/Ninian Stand is being discussed and some news(dont expect it to be good, but my opinion) on whats being decided ready for the Premier League.

Just a quick question to everyone on here

What Premier league Clubs stand up at home games ?

I know Man Utd/Villa and The Jacks Def do.

Re: " STANDING UP IN THE NEW STADIUM "

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Liverpool Kop end definitely do.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tonight there is a meeting at the club and as well as many other items on the agenda.

Standing in the Cardiff City Stadium/Ninian Stand is being discussed and some news(dont expect it to be good, but my opinion) on whats being decided ready for the Premier League.

They should definitely be more lenient towards it at the CCS Annis. It would definitely enhance the atmosphere if they turned the occasional blind eye

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:01 pm

Every club in the Premier League have home fans that stand.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:07 pm

Just show them this... Passion or library... Make the choice
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:13 pm

Would be fuming if we had to sit, that would put the final nail in the coffin for an atmosphere

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:17 pm

They only other thing they can change about standing in the CCS is not allowing the Canton Stand to stand.

They may as well give up on trying to make 116/117/118 sit in the Ninian, the atmosphere's going to pick up big time if we get promoted and no one will listen.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:18 pm

Getting ahead of themselves, we ain't up yet, :o

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:21 pm

i seen a steward trying to sit people down in the canton. if we all stand they cant do f**k all

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:02 pm

Kanester wrote:i seen a steward trying to sit people down in the canton. if we all stand they cant do f**k all

What about if someone behind you wants to sit down?????

People would be forced to stand then, or not see the game, and that's not fair.

All power to the Stewards I say :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tonight there is a meeting at the club and as well as many other items on the agenda.

All prem clubs stand for their Derby/big games.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:36 pm

Die Walkure wrote:
Kanester wrote:i seen a steward trying to sit people down in the canton. if we all stand they cant do f**k all

sorry i didnt mean everyone. but people know everyone stands next to the away fans. i bet most of the complaints are not evan for the people in 117 but grumpy twats like the guy infront of me who moans when people stand when we have a goal opitunity

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:37 pm

Die Walkure wrote:

sorry i didnt mean everyone. but people know everyone stands next to the away fans. i bet most of the complaints are not evan for the people in 117 but grumpy twats like the guy infront of me who moans when people stand when we have a goal opitunity

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:58 pm

All of them!!

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:38 pm

If you want to stand go in the canton stand there is no problem there as long as you don't stand in aisle. Nice to see a picture of the kop on here plenty of singing from there opposite the away fans, just like the stretford end.

I would have sympathy if there was no standing tolerated in the ground but there is, every one as been warned now continue standing 2 things happen,

1. the club will ban supporters for standing

or

2. the council will force the club to close the block reducing the capacity

There is no one who likes standing more than me at a football match but from day one the ninian stand was always no standing where as the canton it would be tolerated.

I don't buy the idea you need to be next to the away supporters to create an atmosphere either you sing or you don't, for many years we were nowhere near the away supporters at Ninian Park and according to you the atmosphere was much better.

The canton as the potential to create a fantastic atmosphere and does on quite a number of occasions. the supporters there are very passionate and less likely to get on the players backs the rest of us should take a leaf out their book. i thoroughly enjoyed it over there last season with the lads and the drum great supporters very passionate, and a good bunch to be with :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:42 pm

agree with vince, football is very different from the days u were growing up.. i can member going with my old man when i was little and he would go off and come back covered in bruises and blood, its sumthin i do not miss. plus with more older people and younger children going they cant be expected to stand up all game

P.S, nice seeing your lot in the travelodge on sunday, looked like u were all enjoying ur brekkie. Even tho u said to my father in law that he could have urs from the day before haha

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Which is why I'm in the Canton.
Stand all match and join in with the singing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:45 pm

Cardiff_Davies wrote:agree with vince, football is very different from the days u were growing up.. i can member going with my old man when i was little and he would go off and come back covered in bruises and blood, its sumthin i do not miss. plus with more older people and younger children going they cant be expected to stand up all game

P.S, nice seeing your lot in the travelodge on sunday, looked like u were all enjoying ur brekkie. Even tho u said to my father in law that he could have urs from the day before haha

I know they were ripping you off asking to pay for an extra breakfast

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:04 pm

Kanester wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:

I think that's fair enough - the club have made it clear that they will be more tolerant towards standing in the Canton, so we all know that and can make a choice to go in there, or not.

We all tend to stand when City have a goal opportunity, so I'm fine with that too.

The problem I'd have would be if people stood in other areas of the ground persistently, causing others who don't want to to have to stand as well. I hate that when I go away, but I can live with it for away games, but would be really annoyed if people were standing in front of me at home games as well.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:08 pm

I disagree, most clubs create better atmospheres when home fans are next to the away fans. Whether you like it or not, banter with the opposition makes a huge impact on the atmosphere. Liverpool and Man United are crap examples, if you watch them on Sky there is no atmosphere unless it's a big game!

I will carry on standing and singing in the Ninian. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:20 pm

Die Walkure wrote:

Go sit in the Grandstand with the rest of the boring fuckers.

no offence

Seriously though. Sit in the Canton? why? its where people want to stand and sing.
Sounds to me that people complaining there want their cake (atmosphere) and eat
it too (sit down im eating my prawn sandwiches)

Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:02 am

taffyapple wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:

Go sit in the Grandstand with the rest of the boring fuckers.

no offence

Seriously though. Sit in the Canton? why? its where people want to stand and sing.
Sounds to me that people complaining there want their cake (atmosphere) and eat
it too (sit down im eating my prawn sandwiches)

Sit in the canton because its the rules that's why

Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:16 am

I stand in the Canton and always will.

I prefer to watch a match from behind the goal and the atmosphere high up in Canton is the best in the stadium.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:29 am

The Kop inLiverpool is the opposite end to the away support

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:54 am

CityGent wrote:

They should definitely be more lenient towards it at the CCS Annis. It would definitely enhance the atmosphere if they turned the occasional blind eye

So can someone tell me how the council can force sections of the ground to be closed down for standing as Vince says, presumably over concerns for crowd safety yet are happy to allow standing in another seated area? Is the safety of the Canton supporters less important!? both areas to all intense purposes is structurely exactly the same,I don't get it! Its surely either a safety issue that is black and white or its not a safety issue.

Personally, for me in equal measures, I like being in a side stand, Ninian, as you get a better view of the whole game, yet I occassionally like to stand and sing. I like to hear the opposition supporters, it gets an atmosphere going, always has done at football, anyone who says different is lying.
I never really understand why people want to sit close to the away fans, yet insist that they will not tollerate standing, surely they must understand that a lot who took seats there were our livelier bunch of supporters who also like the banter with the opposing fans? If its a case of complaints from supporters that the club are acting on then why not have discussion with those who are complaining and move them to areas further along, I'm sure a staright forward swap could take place where supporters further along to the middle of the stand or towards the Canton, would gladly take their place and join us in 117.

At Ninian Park, the atmosphere was only ever awesome when the grangend, Bob bank and grandstand lower worked off each other, we need atmosphere in a couple of areas not confined to just one. If there is to be a good atmosphere the away supporters need to hear us, which means having a lively crowd next.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:53 pm

I certainly don't want to stand in the stadium or be in a section that restricts my view by fans standing However I think if we can have a safe standing area in the stadium that thpse fans who want to stand can go to I think that would be great for the club and fans and it will add to the atmosphere in the ground

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:02 pm

JonCCFC wrote:I disagree, most clubs create better atmospheres when home fans are next to the away fans. Whether you like it or not, banter with the opposition makes a huge impact on the atmosphere. Liverpool and Man United are crap examples, if you watch them on Sky there is no atmosphere unless it's a big game!

I will carry on standing and singing in the Ninian. :ayatollah:

Same go's for most grounds. Crap atmosphere unless its a big game.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:24 pm

Having designated areas for standing is fine as long as everyone knows it's a area where people stand but at present i'm right pissed off being dictated to stand by a few selfish bastards who don't give a toss about those behind them.I don't want to stand at seated grounds, (stood for years on the old Grange & Bob Bank)but can't agree with a few selfish bastards giving you no choice.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:31 pm

The things is that many players,manager and supporters feel that the atmosphere can act as a twelve man and the team will need as much help from the fans as possible to ensure that they get to the 40-odd point mark. This would ensure that club staysin the Premier League and the rewards which come with it. So its in the clubs interests to help create the best atmosphere possible next season surely.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
CityGent wrote:

So can someone tell me how the council can force sections of the ground to be closed down for standing as Vince says, presumably over concerns for crowd safety yet are happy to allow standing in another seated area? Is the safety of the Canton supporters less important!? both areas to all intense purposes is structurely exactly the same,I don't get it! Its surely either a safety issue that is black and white or its not a safety issue.

Personally, for me in equal measures, I like being in a side stand, Ninian, as you get a better view of the whole game, yet I occassionally like to stand and sing. I like to hear the opposition supporters, it gets an atmosphere going, always has done at football, anyone who says different is lying.
I never really understand why people want to sit close to the away fans, yet insist that they will not tollerate standing, surely they must understand that a lot who took seats there were our livelier bunch of supporters who also like the banter with the opposing fans? If its a case of complaints from supporters that the club are acting on then why not have discussion with those who are complaining and move them to areas further along, I'm sure a staright forward swap could take place where supporters further along to the middle of the stand or towards the Canton, would gladly take their place and join us in 117.

At Ninian Park, the atmosphere was only ever awesome when the grangend, Bob bank and grandstand lower worked off each other, we need atmosphere in a couple of areas not confined to just one. If there is to be a good atmosphere the away supporters need to hear us, which means having a lively crowd next.

Completely agree :ayatollah: