Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff Sign Welsh Premier Youngster/ hottest property '

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:07 pm

Cardiff City have swooped to sign the hottest property in the Welsh Premier League as gap Connah's Quay's Rhys Healey has joined the runaway Championship leaders. The club statement, released by the club this afternoon said;

"The Nomads are pleased to announce that Rhys Healey has put pen to paper on a contract with Cardiff City for an undisclosed fee.
"Our shy but personable 18 year old scoring star Rhys Healey got his dream move into professional football signing a lengthy professional contract with runaway Championship leaders, Cardiff City. It is no more than he deserved, having been enthusiastic, hard working and loyal since he first pulled on an Academy shirt here.

"Following a fantastic start to the Welsh Premier League season having scored 12 goals in his 12 (+8) appearances, Rhys caught the attention of several high profile clubs.

"Rhys' high point this season was without doubt his award for player of the month in November scoring 5 goals in that timeframe.

"Rhys has been a pleasure to know, always keen to help and in love with the game. His attitude was best summed up when the first team match with Prestatyn was waterlogged off, with no game for ten days the team arranged a day out. Rhys wanted to play instead and went to a quagmire of a pitch to turn out for a very young Nomads team at Coedpoeth, he scored a hat-trick as our mostly Under 17 side beat the WNL title chasers in the NEWFA Cup.

"Cardiff City have been brilliant in the way they have worked with us, generous, patient and always courteous. If they treat Rhys as well, and I am sure they will, then hes got a great chance at a great club.

http://www.welshpremier.com/news/WPL90198.ink

Seen him a few times on Sgorio and he looks sharp. Clearly a lot of potential, hope the club bring him through well.

Re: Cardiff Sign Welsh Premier Youngster

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:11 pm

nice to see, hope he's good enough and can make an impression in time :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Great to hear. Always thought there must be some great talent in the Welsh leagues that is going untapped.

Welsh as well.

Nice to hear how well our club is portrayed and represented.
All good for the future. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:24 pm

This is nice to see. Another youngster being signed for an undisclosed fee. Nice to see not only our future being taken care of properly but also our transfer dealings now.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:28 pm

Hopefully he makes it big time with us and Wales :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:32 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:This is nice to see. Another youngster being signed for an undisclosed fee. Nice to see not only our future being taken care of properly but also our transfer dealings now.

Giving money to the Welsh League teams as well to help with their developments hopefully.

Re: ' Cardiff Sign Welsh Premier Youngster/ hottest property

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Great to see another youngster come in, shows Malky and Iain Moody care about the future as much as the here and now.

Welcome Rhys :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:58 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Great to see another youngster come in, shows Malky and Iain Moody care about the future as much as the here and now.

Welcome Rhys :ayatollah:

Totally agree.

I was a big Jones fan but I always felt this was one of his weaknesses in now buying youngsters to develope or getting them involved enough.

Not all of them will come good but we only need a couple of Ralls and Masons to come in and its then well worth it :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:03 pm

Will probably have a run in the DVP team with Etien.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:09 pm

NickPenarth wrote:Will probably have a run in the DVP team with Etien.

That's the good thing about the new development team though. It means a player like this can play regular games at a decent level and gain experience that way, rather than graduating from the academy and maybe only playing league cup games and getting shipped out on loan to some Conference team, no offence to them.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:21 pm

NickPenarth wrote:Will probably have a run in the DVP team with Etien.

just etien?

any real need to mention him in the post :lol:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:28 pm

Excellent news.

It demonstrates clearly that Cardiff are a dynamic club right now and making plans for the future.

Good luck Rhys Healey and welcome to the home of great football.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :malky:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Agree with all the above. Welcome to CCFC Rhys. Watch a bit of the WPL; Carmarthen Town, when there is no clash with the City. Bit surprised, to be honest, that more players don't get a chance professionally. Remember, Mark Delaney startrted there.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:55 pm

CantonJack wrote:Hopefully he makes it big time with us and Wales :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not sure he's Welsh actually? I think he moved to Wales from Manchester, though
with a name like Rhys, chances are he's got Welsh blood in him?

Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:15 pm

A lot of English lads play in the WPL, especially for the North and Mid Wales clubs. Most of them decent players, some with league experience. Have to say that I enjoy the games that I get to see.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:18 pm

Definitely born in Manchester...shame really but lets see how he develops, could be a great bit of business for £50,000

Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Takes his chance here at the link (against TNS) 35 seconds in.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7uDtcau_48

More here too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejCqIz9pX00

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:19 pm

A massive gamble IMO to buy an 18 year old from a league of that standard while we are currently the best team in the Football League. I just hope I don't see threads like "Your starting 11 and bench for Saturday" and they put Healey on the bench or starting up top with Campbell. :laughing6:

This reminds me of last season when Swansea bought Rory Donnelly from Cliftonville, a MASSIVE gamble and whether he makes it or not is down to him.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:24 pm

Just goes to show there is talent in the welsh leagues

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:27 pm

Rhys1927, do you remember Mark Delaney? Great player for us from league of Wales went on to play for villa in the top flight

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:36 pm

corky wrote:Rhys1927, do you remember Mark Delaney? Great player for us from league of Wales went on to play for villa in the top flight

I suppose yes but as I said its a massive gamble, some work, some don't and Mark Delaney was obviously successful with having 36 caps for Wales. I suppose it was a tad easier for Mark Delaney to succeed here aswell because we were in a lower tier.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:40 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
corky wrote:Rhys1927, do you remember Mark Delaney? Great player for us from league of Wales went on to play for villa in the top flight

I suppose yes but as I said its a massive gamble, some work, some don't and Mark Delaney was obviously successful with having 36 caps for Wales. I suppose it was a tad easier for Mark Delaney to succeed here aswell because we were in a lower tier.

It'll be a minimal fee and minimal wages and he's only 18. I can't see the risk personally.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:06 pm

Aramore wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

It'll be a minimal fee and minimal wages and he's only 18. I can't see the risk personally.

I agree.

We only need one or two of these signings to work for it to be a success, just like Ralls.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:43 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:A massive gamble IMO to buy an 18 year old from a league of that standard while we are currently the best team in the Football League. I just hope I don't see threads like "Your starting 11 and bench for Saturday" and they put Healey on the bench or starting up top with Campbell. :laughing6:

This reminds me of last season when Swansea bought Rory Donnelly from Cliftonville, a MASSIVE gamble and whether he makes it or not is down to him.

What??

The lad cost pennies. If it dont work out, it wont make a dent in our resources. Wolves
bought that Jake Cassidy before he'd even PLAYED a game at that level and he's already
proved he's at least Division 1 level!!

Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:14 am

Welcome Rhys

Its worth giving the lad a chance to prove himself, their are a few players in the Welsh Premier who are late developers in the game & worth a gamble.

Lets hope he develops into the next Carl Dale.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: