Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Threads removed

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:54 am

I've never had to do this before but I've deleted about 10 threads this morning, as they were all 'nonsense threads' about Swansea, this board welcomes all threads, but of the top 15 threads on the board about 10 were about Swansea.

I've left several Swansea related threads active if you still wish to discuss what's happening out west, and I won't delete any threads about them if some time and thought has gone into the content, but the 'one line' threads have to go, let's get back on topic gents.

Re: Threads removed

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:27 am

Gavlar wrote:I've never had to do this before but I've deleted about 10 threads this morning, as they were all 'nonsense threads' about Swansea, this board welcomes all threads, but of the top 15 threads on the board about 10 were about Swansea.

I've left several Swansea related threads active if you still wish to discuss what's happening out west, and I won't delete any threads about them if some time and thought has gone into the content, but the 'one line' threads have to go, let's get back on topic gents.

:lol:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:02 am

how can you decided that they are nonsense?? just because you think so??? all opinions welcome unless they are that of the mods,

no dout this will be deleted

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:09 am

Gavlar wrote:I've never had to do this before but I've deleted about 10 threads this morning, as they were all 'nonsense threads' about Swansea, this board welcomes all threads, but of the top 15 threads on the board about 10 were about Swansea.

Thank you. :malky: :malky: :malky:

It was doing my head in having shit loads of threads about the same subject. One starts and people should comment in that one not start loads of new thread about the same thing :old: :old:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:29 am

My threads still up and running, bewsh ! :D

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:36 am

Ben wrote:how can you decided that they are nonsense?? just because you think so??? all opinions welcome unless they are that of the mods,

I've only just woke up so I'm a bit slow..but I think he made it rather clear what he deleted threads for and it wasn't a power trip ;)

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:38 am

kidwelly jack wrote:

:lol:

You're on your rivals board? Yet none of our fans ever on your board :thumbup:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:37 am

Thats all well and good, but it should continue and there are certain people from swansea who just put pointless and arguementative threads just to get a response. i was one of them who did responds .
, but i will address this later today on here.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:53 am

pembroke allan wrote:Thats all well and good, but it should continue and there are certain people from swansea who just put pointless and arguementative threads just to get a response. i was one of them who did responds .
, but i will address this later today on here.

thing is they leave the jacks up to get more hits, more hits means more advertising, more advertising means more ££

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 am

Ben wrote:how can you decided that they are nonsense?? just because you think so??? all opinions welcome unless they are that of the mods,

Ben, I deleted the threads are contained only a sentence or two or the ones that I personally felt were not created to cause a serious debate, others that were similar in nature were merged.

As for your comment as to how I can justify choosing which threads to delete, well I used my best judgement, what else did you expect me to do?? Pop around Annis' house at 6am for a meeting??? Gimme a break mate, I'm just trying to keep the board moderating as is expected of me surely??

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Gavlar wrote:

Ben, I deleted the threads are contained only a sentence or two or the ones that I personally felt were not created to cause a serious debate, others that were similar in nature were merged.

As for your comment as to how I can justify choosing which threads to delete, well I used my best judgement, what else did you expect me to do?? Pop around Annis' house at 6am for a meeting??? Gimme a break mate, I'm just trying to keep the board moderating as is expected of me surely??

Ben us moderators do have some guideance which we follow. We don't do things on our own feelings. I mean if we did the majority of Jacks on here would be gone and that would be all down to me. So trust me, all opinions are welcomed even if some of the mods don't like it.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:14 pm

I'm not having a go, just asking that's all, seems messages disappear if the person reading it doesn't like it, or doesn't agree , fair enough if its racist etc but simple questions or comments get deleted

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:17 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Gavlar wrote:

Ben us moderators do have some guideance which we follow. We don't do things on our own feelings. I mean if we did the majority of Jacks on here would be gone and that would be all down to me. So trust me, all opinions are welcomed even if some of the mods don't like it.

Ian for Prime Minister :ayatollah: :malky:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Ben wrote:I'm not having a go, just asking that's all, seems messages disappear if the person reading it doesn't like it, or doesn't agree , fair enough if its racist etc but simple questions or comments get deleted

Ok it's a fair question, I tried to think of the bigger picture, I thought the majority of people logging in this morning would have been annoyed at the amount of Swansea threads posted, I also realised people may be upset of me doing a hatchet job on those threads, I felt I took the best course of action at the time.

Incidentally I don't mind justifying my board moderation to users of the board if I'm asked to, as Ben has here.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:59 pm

Ben wrote:I'm not having a go, just asking that's all, seems messages disappear if the person reading it doesn't like it, or doesn't agree , fair enough if its racist etc but simple questions or comments get deleted

pointless having 15 threads all saying similar against the jacks and the ball boy

best judgement used and some threads removed, i for one get bored of the same old being posted and numerous threads on the same subject cos poster wants their thread to be the one noticed and posted on..

clears up the traffic and keeps the place running smoothly.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:43 pm

It's nothing to do with free speech.

This is a football forum yes but it's predominately for Cardiff City. We all enough talking about other clubs and information which is fine but when people are starting new treads for no reason it ruins the board.

Gav says he deleted 10
I spent quite a while last night using my phone to merge at least another 10.
And it's still like planet Swansea on here.

Just post in a thread all ready open its that simple :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:15 pm

its the same on match days, you'll have one thread with a load of replies in and then other threads start popping up for no reason other than the person starting the thread wants to be noticed.....

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:29 pm

Gavlar wrote:

Here here Gav :thumbup:
Damned if you do and Damned if you don't :roll:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:31 pm

one liners Ben that have no relevance to anything and pointless mate

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:39 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:

so because YOU feel they are "one liners" or "have no relevance" they can be deleted? Freedom of speach??, all Opinions welcome?? I see stuff posted by mods that are "one liners" or "have no relevance" can be deleted if we point out they are "one liners" or "have no relevance" ?

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Ben wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

so because YOU feel they are "one liners" or "have no relevance" they can be deleted? Freedom of speach??, all Opinions welcome?? I see stuff posted by mods that are "one liners" or "have no relevance" can be deleted if we point out they are "one liners" or "have no relevance" ?

Ben I can understand what you are saying but some of the threads on here, (not just jacks threads), are absolutely pathetic, even you should be able to see that, so the mods have to react and clean up the board as otherwise some people will get pissed off with reading crap and not bother to log in for decent debate.
Can you give me an example of a mod posting a non relevant or one liner post and if you can I will concede defeat, also if any of the said happens from a mod then I myself will gladly delete it.
The mods here are NOT power trippers I can vouch for that 100% so you are barking up the wrong tree with that.
I hope that clears that up

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:52 pm

im not having a go at anyone just pissed of things get deleted for having a diffrent opinion to the higher arche

Things to buy in a tin? yet mine is deleted

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103317

Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:05 pm

Ben wrote:im not having a go at anyone just pissed of things get deleted for having a diffrent opinion to the higher arche

Snuff ;)

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:46 pm

Ben wrote:im not having a go at anyone just pissed of things get deleted for having a diffrent opinion to the higher arche

Can't you understand that they mean one lne threads where there are already discussions going on about that same subject in other threads?

Threads that are made because either;

a, the OP wants to be a special snowflake and thinks his opinion matters too much to be buried underneath other people's posts or

b, the OP hasn't checked whether there's an open thread already because what they had to say was far too important to spend two seconds checking it hadn't already been said.

It has bugger all to do with free speech, it's just trying to have a tidy forum where several threads on different subjects can exist without being pushed down to the bottom of the page by a dozen single line threads on the same subject.

Anyone with half a brain could see that what Gavlar did did not in any way infringe on any freedom of speech, which I might add is not a right on forums, and in many ways actually encouraged it by allowing different threads and ideas to be expressed.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:52 pm

Aramore wrote:

Can't you understand that they mean one lne threads where there are already discussions going on about that same subject in other threads?

a, the OP wants to be a special snowflake and thinks his opinion matters too much to be buried underneath other people's posts or

b, the OP hasn't checked whether there's an open thread already because what they had to say was far too important to spend two seconds checking it hadn't already been said.

It has bugger all to do with free speech, it's just trying to have a tidy forum where several threads on different subjects can exist without being pushed down to the bottom of the page by a dozen single line threads on the same subject.

Anyone with half a brain could see that what Gavlar did did not in any way infringe on any freedom of speech, which I might add is not a right on forums, and in many ways actually encouraged it by allowing different threads and ideas to be expressed.

Your hired! :thumbright:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:05 pm

Aramore wrote:

yeah good point and all that, but WHY delete HIS thread.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:08 pm

AbsolutelyFearless wrote:
Aramore wrote:

yeah good point and all that, but WHY delete HIS thread.

Probably racism would be my guess.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:18 pm

Gavlar wrote:

To be honest... U are the best mod on here mate. You push the right button at the right time. I remember seeing those threads with angel and chuckle.. They were pointless and childish! Rightly so deleted. Keep up the good work mods because this forum will be massive as years go by :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:36 am

The Jacks dont mean jack shit to me

Remember boys and girls WE are 10 points clear at the top of the league not them rodents :ayatollah:

and by the way did they finally get to their 1st ever major final (auto windscreens dont count cos that really is a mickey mouse cup) ??