Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Quadrophenia trivia

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:07 pm

During the Brighton riot scene, a man throws a table through the cafe window, he is Alan Curbishley who, at the time of filming, played football for West Ham United and later their manager. His Brother is Bill Curbishley, Manager of 'The Who', who produced the film and wrote most of the songs featured in the film. :o

Re: Quadrophenia trivia

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:12 pm

Interesting. Was Alan a Mod or a Rocker??? Must get the DVD. I watched the original film when it first came out.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:38 pm

Big 'Oo fan - didn't know that. I believe that Bill was pretty handy in real life from what I've read.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:42 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Interesting. Was Alan a Mod or a Rocker??? Must get the DVD. I watched the original film when it first came out.

Mod :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:52 pm

Excellent BBC documentary on Quadrophenia that's definitely worth tracking down -http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01k83bl

One of the best I've seen - probably their best studio album. Or Who's Next. Amazing band that will not date.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:22 am

theres a museum in the forest of dean(i think)that has the scooters from the film on show... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:53 am

krabb wrote:theres a museum in the forest of dean(i think)that has the scooters from the film on show... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yea u have been their a few occasions they actually used a few bikes in the movie I met a guy who was fortunate and by sheer fluke bought one of these original models for about two grand it has the number plate oas** ( not the same as in the film) apparently Liam Gallagher amongst others offered him a fair amount for the bike but he as refused all offers.
incidentally if you watch the movie and look carefully the scene where he gets knocked off the scooter by the Royal Mail post van as he picks the bike up it has a square headlight which is a later model Lambretta GP model circa 68 ( my first Lambretta as a teenager) all other scenes the headlight is round the film is supposed to be set in 1965 so that particular design was not built then..

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:26 am

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:
krabb wrote:theres a museum in the forest of dean(i think)that has the scooters from the film on show... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yea u have been their a few occasions they actually used a few bikes in the movie I met a guy who was fortunate and by sheer fluke bought one of these original models for about two grand it has the number plate oas** ( not the same as in the film) apparently Liam Gallagher amongst others offered him a fair amount for the bike but he as refused all offers.
incidentally if you watch the movie and look carefully the scene where he gets knocked off the scooter by the Royal Mail post van as he picks the bike up it has a square headlight which is a later model Lambretta GP model circa 68 ( my first Lambretta as a teenager) all other scenes the headlight is round the film is supposed to be set in 1965 so that particular design was not built then..

a fantastic film...was never allowed a scooter when i was young,but at 48.....maybe i could treat myself... :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:38 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:Excellent BBC documentary on Quadrophenia that's definitely worth tracking down -http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01k83bl

One of the best I've seen - probably their best studio album. Or Who's Next. Amazing band that will not date.

here you go :thumbup: doc and film
http://extratorrent.com/torrent/2746056 ... 2837259799

http://extratorrent.com/torrent/1706684 ... 9990304899

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:07 pm

krabb wrote:
T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:

a fantastic film...was never allowed a scooter when i was young,but at 48.....maybe i could treat myself... :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I bought myself a fully nut and bolt factory restored Lambretta Li150 ( since had a 200 engine added) 10 years ago been to the Isle of Wight and back and quite a few other places still look forward to decent weather to get out and about on it and I am 55 this year :malky: :ayatollah: :malky: :ayatollah: