Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tonights film - Platoon

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:56 pm

One of my all time fav war movies, for younger chaps who have not watched it get watching you will love it.

Platoon - A young recruit in Vietnam faces a moral crisis when confronted with the horrors of war and the duality of man.

Genre - Action , Drama , War
Imdb Rated -8.20/10
Staring - Charlie sheen, jonny depp, Willem dafoe, Keith David, Forest Whitaker, Francesco Quinn, Kevin Dillon and many more.

This is a TWO part movie as normal close the advertisement down and fire away perfect screening :ayatollah:
Part one - http://www.movie2k.to/Platoon-watch-movie-1265628.html
Part two - http://www.movie2k.to/movie.php?id=1265628&part=2

Re: Tonights film - Platoon

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:04 pm

i was 11ish when this film come out but watched it when i was about 15-16 for the 1st time then i wanted to go to war the day after watching it :oops:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:07 pm

One of my favourite films of all time! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Merlin wrote:One of my favourite films of all time! :ayatollah:

Its in my top 10 of all time best films, just carnt remember them all craig :lol:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:14 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

Its in my top 10 of all time best films, just carnt remember them all craig :lol:

A little cheesy but Independance Day is in my top 10. If i see it on TV, I can't stop watching it. Think I must have seen that about 20 odd times now. Although I do like a few classics like platoon, Stand by me, saving private ryan, and various other war fims! so many to chose from. Bit of a sci-fi freak myself, but also love the good action movies and a few comedies :D

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:14 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

A little cheesy but Independance Day is in my top 10. If i see it on TV, I can't stop watching it. Think I must have seen that about 20 odd times now. Although I do like a few classics like platoon, Stand by me, saving private ryan, and various other war fims! so many to chose from. Bit of a sci-fi freak myself, but also love the good action movies and a few comedies :D

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:22 pm

So, Swanseasalad96.437 is off to the Leprosy Stadium tonight but will be watching a film later based on BB77's recommendation. So far this week he has watched "Severn Cyclepaths" and The Gay". Later, he will no doubt search for "Platoon" but end up watching "Shaving Ryans Privates. The daft bugger. :crazy:
Last edited by GrangeEndStar on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:23 pm

A very good film, one of my favourites although I think the greatest war film by far is Apocalypse Now ;)

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Daniel M wrote:A very good film, one of my favourites although I think the greatest war film by far is Apocalypse Now ;)

Never seen that one looking in to it as we speak :ayatollah: