Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

End of MOTD?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Sky Sports have secured the rights to show extended highlights from all non-live Premier League games from next season #SSN
https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/statu ... 7038087169

Does this mean the end of MOTD?

Re: End of MOTD?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:33 pm

They already do this.

BBC will continue to have the free-to-air rights.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:41 pm

BBC sacked the MOTD2 presenter because he "irritates" pundits :lol:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Why would it b end of match of day? its non prem games. if anythin it.mean end of.football.league show. sky sports do game of the day every weekend and match day still goes ahead

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:47 pm

I use ESPN goals app and see all the goals by 5:30 on Saturday, made MOTD completely redundant for me

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:03 pm

CantonJack wrote:BBC sacked the MOTD2 presenter because he "irritates" pundits :lol:

Garth Crookes should have been sacked years ago if irritating people is a sackable offence

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:19 pm

They have this now, premier league highlights by law must be on free to air television I believe.

:old:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:41 pm

Why would it b end of match of day? its non prem games. if anythin it.mean end of.football.league show. sky sports do game of the day every weekend and match day still goes ahead

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Cardiff_Davies wrote:Why would it b end of match of day? its non prem games. if anythin it.mean end of.football.league show. sky sports do game of the day every weekend and match day still goes ahead

It says Non LIVE premier league games, games on not on television. MOTD and the football league show will always be about on free to air telly.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:49 pm

Why they dont do one show which includes both the Premier League and football league on a saturday night I never know. The wages of two sets of guests and presenters and two sets of crew is a complete waste of taxpayers money by the BBC.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:20 pm

Angry Man wrote:Why they dont do one show which includes both the Premier League and football league on a saturday night I never know. The wages of two sets of guests and presenters and two sets of crew is a complete waste of taxpayers money by the BBC.

Because Gary gets tired if he has to do more than 3 hours a week work.

Also, how's he going to update his twitter if he's stuck in the studio?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:03 pm

Angry Man wrote:Why they dont do one show which includes both the Premier League and football league on a saturday night I never know. The wages of two sets of guests and presenters and two sets of crew is a complete waste of taxpayers money by the BBC.

Proposterous idea. The lower leagues wouldn't get a look in if the MOTD was allowed to have a three hour show, there would be an hours highlights and analysis of Liverpools plight or Liverpool revival every week rather than the half an hour we get now.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:18 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/gary ... ay-1552265

Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:33 am

Paying Alan Hansen £1m per year for his football analysis is equivalent to someone taking a massive shit in your kettle and then offering to make you a nice cup of tea.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:11 am

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:Paying Alan Hansen £1m per year for his football analysis is equivalent to someone taking a massive shit in your kettle and then offering to make you a nice cup of tea.

Ha ha ha.... Love it, Hansen just regurgitates the same old crap. Give me Nev anyday.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:28 am

MOTD be a lot better if they god Gary Nev on there.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:42 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... istle.html