Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The Malky flag

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:39 pm

I really hope we're not just saying we'll contribute, does everyone still go to the Ninian pre-match? If so, maybe someone who puts themselves forward can connect donations there, imagine if the club backs this? The little things can do the world of good for us, Malky will feel even more embraced to us.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 pm

we should have the canton like celtic, ask a few kids to hold the little stick flags etc, everyone get a scarf, look great.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... kcfzJRzA5w

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :malky: :malky:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:46 pm

Use something like this ?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2012/12/29/cardiff-city-support-unbelievable-says-manager-malky-mackay-91466-32509551/

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:03 am

bluebird123 wrote:we should have the canton like celtic, ask a few kids to hold the little stick flags etc, everyone get a scarf, look great.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... kcfzJRzA5w

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :malky: :malky:

F*ck Celtic, hope Cardiff never turn out like those scummers :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:08 am

Keep this thread up and hopefully we can have someone in charge of collecting the money, I'm more than happy to chip in for this idea.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:13 am

Just set up a PayPal flag donation fund. It's really simple to do. Then everyone who contributes leaves their name and can be added to a list of founders as contributors towards the flag so that they are remembered. Those who contribute deserve recognition for their efforts in helping the club. :thumbup:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 am

Have had an email back from Julian, he's passed it on to Wayne Nash as it would have to go through him :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:32 pm

Always liked this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:53 pm

what about contacting the clubs marketing department, and getting them to have a company sponsor for the flag (so the flag belongs to the club), the company that sponsors the flag pays for the flag, and the rest is given to the club.. win win situation.. we have a new flag every season, with a different sponsor, maybe different occassion on the flag... malky for the remainder of this season, next season, a picture of malky celebrating our promotion to the premier league? ;)

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:09 pm

I reckon we should have a big flag for each stand :ayatollah: :malky:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:49 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:It sounds like a great idea. I'd love us to have a proper anthem to play before the games like a lot of foreign teams have. The Roma anthem is awesome. If the flag works then others could be introduced and if the club are willing maybe one of the old badge and the new badge as some sort of compromise.
While we're on the subject i also think it would be useful if everyone got to the ground and in their seats at least 15 minutes before kick off. Most foreign games have been banging at least 2 hours before kick off & fernebahce vs galatasaray was banging 5 hours before kick off!!!!

I also think it would make a huge difference if everybody who wants to make a racket would all be in the same area of the ground (like the italian curva's)

Something needs to be done to change the ccs into a cauldron :malky:

Men of Harlech does me fine. :thumbup:

Big flag in the crowd is a good idea - Canton or Ninian or both perhaps.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:43 pm

Keep this thread up to date :old:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:44 pm

Keep this thread up to date :old:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:03 pm

What's the things they have on the road to slow down traffic? Ah yes a speed BUMP

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:09 pm

It would be great to see a big flag down CCS. Think it will help lift the atmosphere :malky:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:54 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Always liked this

And we have a winner. :malky: :ayatollah: :malky: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :malky: :malky: :ayatollah: :malky: