Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Malky flag

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:52 pm

Any further developments? Perhaps someone could liaise with the club on their stance. As someone rightly pointed out, it's not worth going to the trouble of designing and getting a huge flag made if the club aren't going to be 100% behind

It's a small detail but some decent choreography bit by bit would help the atmosphere no end at the CCS. This is the perfect time to get the ground rocking

Re: The Malky flag

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:55 pm

This is a cracking idea tony if it materializes :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:07 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:This is a cracking idea tony if it materializes :ayatollah:

I think quite a lot from here would contribute a few quid each. Definitely worth it. People moan about the atmosphere at the ground. It would be nice to add a bit of colour to the proceedings

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:13 pm

if only the jacks who frequent this site gave money, we would have enough. :D

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:16 pm

hirwaunbluebird wrote:if only the jacks who frequent this site gave money, we would have enough. :D

COME ON CHELSEA

It'll be a tramp convention on here if they get through tonight

:sad7:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:17 pm

Email sent Tony :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:23 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Email sent Tony :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

Look forward to their reply

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:31 pm

CityGent wrote:Any further developments? Perhaps someone could liaise with the club on their stance. As someone rightly pointed out, it's not worth going to the trouble of designing and getting a huge flag made if the club aren't going to be 100% behind

It's a small detail but some decent choreography bit by bit would help the atmosphere no end at the CCS. This is the perfect time to get the ground rocking

I would contribute to the making of a flag, just not sure about it beibg based on Malky, knowing how fickle football is these days, who's to even say he will be here next year?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Did you ask about colour? Not a wind up, I mentioned in the last thread that the club may take a stand if it is blue and white, but it is giving a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach if it was red and black.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:51 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:I would contribute to the making of a flag, just not sure about it beibg based on Malky, knowing how fickle football is these days, who's to even say he will be here next year?

It will have a second hand value to other fans, even if it may need a bit of dye.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:10 pm

We buy it if we're allowed to have it in the ground. If Malky leaves then he buys it off and hangs it up in his mansion :malky:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Contact Julian Jenkins, really good on fan engagement, then if there's a serious thought about it then we can speak to Lim etc. We can't just go oh we're making a flag, we need someone to research how much it would cost, how big it would be, where it would go :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:28 pm

CityGent wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:This is a cracking idea tony if it materializes :ayatollah:

I think quite a lot from here would contribute a few quid each. Definitely worth it. People moan about the atmosphere at the ground. It would be nice to add a bit of colour to the proceedings

Yep i agree im game for chucking some dosh in :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:28 pm

It sounds like a great idea. I'd love us to have a proper anthem to play before the games like a lot of foreign teams have. The Roma anthem is awesome. If the flag works then others could be introduced and if the club are willing maybe one of the old badge and the new badge as some sort of compromise.
While we're on the subject i also think it would be useful if everyone got to the ground and in their seats at least 15 minutes before kick off. Most foreign games have been banging at least 2 hours before kick off & fernebahce vs galatasaray was banging 5 hours before kick off!!!!

I also think it would make a huge difference if everybody who wants to make a racket would all be in the same area of the ground (like the italian curva's)

Something needs to be done to change the ccs into a cauldron :malky:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:37 pm

Lets be honest, we a pretty poor at passing a large flag overhead (keep it taught guys).

Are we thinking big but lightweight so it can be flown on a stick. They look quite good perhaps we can then have a few of them.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:44 pm

This is a solid idea. There has to be more done before kickoff to warm the crowd up and build atmosphere. I'd certainly contribute. This would really help and it gets fans involved. We know we've got an atmos issue and practical steps like this will definitely help.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:46 pm

More than happy to help out on this financially

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:00 pm

If we get the green light from the club for this, I will gladly contribute if a paypal or something is created. Im sure the trust would be ok to store the flag or the supporters club. When we surfed the fa cup flag we were allowed to keep it in a room at the ground. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:02 pm

Gavlar wrote:More than happy to help out on this financially

Agreed gav, i think maybe carl who nomrally deals with money for trips off here anyway or whoever knows more about getting this done needs to sort that side of it even tony maybe as i have no idea where to start but its ok 300 people posting what to do but that will mean nothing if 20 people put in a few quid each as it would be a few bob i expect :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:13 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:It sounds like a great idea. I'd love us to have a proper anthem to play before the games like a lot of foreign teams have. The Roma anthem is awesome. If the flag works then others could be introduced and if the club are willing maybe one of the old badge and the new badge as some sort of compromise.
While we're on the subject i also think it would be useful if everyone got to the ground and in their seats at least 15 minutes before kick off. Most foreign games have been banging at least 2 hours before kick off & fernebahce vs galatasaray was banging 5 hours before kick off!!!!

I also think it would make a huge difference if everybody who wants to make a racket would all be in the same area of the ground (like the italian curva's)

Something needs to be done to change the ccs into a cauldron :malky:

All great points. Little things like this could eventually snowball into what it should be at the ground. Stoke have been renowned for the atmosphere at the Britannia since they've been top flight, and a full CCS next season IF we go up then potentially we're as vociferous as any fans in the country. Totally agree about a'Curva'style at the Canton end too. Lots of us have been unhappy with the CCS atmosphere for a while now. Time we all did something about it!

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:33 pm

How big would people want it? For a plain white 25ft x 12.5ft flag it would cost 158 quid, trying to find out more! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:33 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:

Contact Julian Jenkins, really good on fan engagement, then if there's a serious thought about it then we can speak to Lim etc. We can't just go oh we're making a flag, we need someone to research how much it would cost, how big it would be, where it would go :ayatollah:

Have you got his email address mate?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:35 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
I Bleed Blue wrote:

Have you got his email address mate?

Somewhere on website I think or if you contact him over Twitter, he'll give it to you :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:37 pm

I'd chip in, we'd need someone well known or the trust to lead it. Maybe have a permanent place for it like they do at Old Trafford.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:41 pm

http://www.footballflags.co.uk/Football ... rices.html and barmyflags.com :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:22 pm

I want to make a racket and contribute to flag
CAN I UPGRADE?????

:D :malky: :ayatollah: :D :malky: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:06 pm

I think this is a great idea, I'm in for a few quid :malky: :malky: :malky: :malky:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Would look great in the canton,just need to start getting the scarfs up again ;) and a few more banners up against the wall like the days of NP. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:24 pm

douglascfc wrote:Would look great in the canton,just need to start getting the scarfs up again ;) and a few more banners up against the wall like the days of NP. :ayatollah:

agree
:malky:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:25 pm

cracking idea, ive been on about this for years.

ill happily chuck a few quid in for such a noble cause :malky:

i got my flag done from bannersforall.co.uk most cost effective one i could find on the interweb... check it out :ayatollah: