Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Rumour from inside the club

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:02 pm

Damn , I was looking forward to the Koi Carp :lol:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 pm

The bluebird on the current badge looks like the afterthought of a billionaire owner who doesn't know what he's dealing with.

The current badge design must be improved and designed by a pro, not on Microsoft Paint 97.

If the badge is better and the bluebird's on the shirt then that sounds tolerable.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 pm

I've had this as the backgound on my phone since Karl first adapted. This is the preference
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:19 pm

I would accept this, a decent badge, bluebird appearing on the shirt, blue away kit

seems very likely as they can sell kits in asia without the bluebird on it

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:I love that badge you have caerdydd78 !

One of Karl's, I think it's awesome, woud rather the classic badge, but if times move on his would be my preference.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Overall happy with this as long as the bluebird does not die, didn't Dayo say it was going to disappear ???

Sounds like that is probably right to me.....

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Just thought i would add a post so people don't think I'm hiding anything.
When the re-brand first happened and my artwork was forwarded to the club, i was told by the club that it was too late to change it even if it was considered. Ive not heard anything about a badge that they may or may not be going ahead with and yes the description given does sound like my badge without a bluebird! But my guess is its just a rumour like the many that have been on here already. for example the Koi Carp rumours, the no blue shirt rumours etc. Obviously wish it was my badge though, but that's just me being biased and its not my choice.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:57 pm

karlmpayne wrote:Just thought i would add a post so people don't think I'm hiding anything.
When the re-brand first happened and my artwork was forwarded to the club, i was told by the club that it was too late to change it even if it was considered. Ive not heard anything about a badge that they may or may not be going ahead with and yes the description given does sound like my badge without a bluebird! But my guess is its just a rumour like the many that have been on here already. for example the Koi Carp rumours, the no blue shirt rumours etc. Obviously wish it was my badge though, but that's just me being biased and its not my choice.

Are you still producing designs for the badge Karl? If we know they want rid of the bluebird and the Fire & Passion, I'd rather you redesign your version than they come up with another monstrosity.

Is your avatar the eye of a dragon, another great looking bit of graphic art. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:05 pm

i gave them better cleaner more professional versions of the badge posted, but nothing since and that was when all this kicked off. So if the rumour has any truth in it, then maybe they will contact me or maybe they have someone already working on a new one after taking the fans views into consideration.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:06 pm

taffyapple wrote:
thomasblue wrote:This is the rumoured clubs idea of a compromise .
Now dont shoot the messanger this is SUPPOSEDLY something that will come out eventually if and when finalised and im sure carl or annis can try to find out more about or have allready heard about.
The bluebird WILL leave the club badge next season and a DRAGON the same as this year will be the main symbol .
The crest shape will change to a more favoured cicular design to be shown to chosen supporters soon , more than likely supporter club and trust representatives .
Fire and passion will dissapear as quickly as it came .
The circle will be surrounded by the words Cardiff City Football Club est 1899
The bluebird will be added onto the shirt in the form of two tags one on the sleeve and one on the back of the neck similar to when we had a small welsh flag there in the past .
The home kit will remain red and the away kit will remain blue as promised but will be used now and again to allow for more exposure to the third kit to maximise sales of all three , similar to this year .

Now i wont say the source as to not get him/her in trouble but they think it is a fair compromise SUPPOSEDLY and if its true that is the clubs thoughts on the subject and this is the way they go what do you guys think ?

Anybody else heard this rumour ?

You were doing so well up until there. Your whole post sounds as though you
have some insider information. Then you cap it off with "has anyone else heard?"

Almost as good as starting a thread with "Don't shoot the messenger" :lol: which ultimately means someone sent them? And the alternative assumption of "I'm just having a guess here like!"

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:10 pm

I did do this, but the dragon itself was already online i just changed it to red, then used the eye. I put in all the players and the bluebird, made it a bit fancy and put the text in and there u go.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:14 pm

thats the original dragon

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Bluebina wrote:Overall happy with this as long as the bluebird does not die, didn't Dayo say it was going to disappear ???

Sounds like that is probably right to me.....

Didn't he also hint about the CARP

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:44 pm

So there is no bluebird in the Cardiff city badge anymore and people are happy? :lol:

Is this so you don't have to go through with idle threats to walk away if the bluebird was removed from the badge?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:46 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:Just wish we'd stick to one badge!

Totally against the Bluebird disappearing though :ayatollah:

I quite like our current badge to be honest, grown on me a lot![/quote

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... f1a5ab.jpg

THIS^^^^^ but with a bluebird on the back & the sleeve aswel :malky: :malky: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:21 pm

mjw6150 wrote:Just wish we'd stick to one badge!

Totally against the Bluebird disappearing though :ayatollah:

I quite like our current badge to be honest, grown on me a lot!

Looking at the Dubai training pictures. The current badge has a gold surround and makes the crest look so much nicer. Keep the shield, but change that bloody dragon!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:05 pm

I really really hope Karl's badge design will be if next season with the bluebird.