Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rumour from inside the club

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:47 pm

This is the rumoured clubs idea of a compromise .
Now dont shoot the messanger this is SUPPOSEDLY something that will come out eventually if and when finalised and im sure carl or annis can try to find out more about or have allready heard about.
The bluebird WILL leave the club badge next season and a DRAGON the same as this year will be the main symbol .
The crest shape will change to a more favoured cicular design to be shown to chosen supporters soon , more than likely supporter club and trust representatives .
Fire and passion will dissapear as quickly as it came .
The circle will be surrounded by the words Cardiff City Football Club est 1899
The bluebird will be added onto the shirt in the form of two tags one on the sleeve and one on the back of the neck similar to when we had a small welsh flag there in the past .
The home kit will remain red and the away kit will remain blue as promised but will be used now and again to allow for more exposure to the third kit to maximise sales of all three , similar to this year .

Now i wont say the source as to not get him/her in trouble but they think it is a fair compromise SUPPOSEDLY and if its true that is the clubs thoughts on the subject and this is the way they go what do you guys think ?

Anybody else heard this rumour ?

Re: Rumour from inside the club

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:52 pm

thomasblue wrote:This is the rumoured clubs idea of a compromise .
Now dont shoot the messanger this is SUPPOSEDLY something that will come out eventually if and when finalised and im sure carl or annis can try to find out more about or have allready heard about.
The bluebird WILL leave the club badge next season and a DRAGON the same as this year will be the main symbol .
The crest shape will change to a more favoured cicular design to be shown to chosen supporters soon , more than likely supporter club and trust representatives . :ayatollah:
Fire and passion will dissapear as quickly as it came . :malky:
The circle will be surrounded by the words Cardiff City Football Club est 1899 :ayatollah:
The bluebird will be added onto the shirt in the form of two tags one on the sleeve and one on the back of the neck similar to when we had a small welsh flag there in the past .
The home kit will remain red and the away kit will remain blue as promised but will be used now and again to allow for more exposure to the third kit to maximise sales of all three , similar to this year .

Now i wont say the source as to not get him/her in trouble but they think it is a fair compromise SUPPOSEDLY and if its true that is the clubs thoughts on the subject and this is the way they go what do you guys think ?

Sounds better than what we have at the moment. IMHO

The bluebird will be more prominent than that small one on our current badge.
Hope it's true.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:55 pm

I think we should do away with the Welsh dragon to be honest. I would rather Karl Payne's circular design with a unique dragon to us that can be our brand image over time and what we are recognised for.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:55 pm

As a rumour , that sounds plausible.

You've either got a corker of an insider or you know how to cleverly under deliver a false rumour. ;) :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:57 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:I think we should do away with the Welsh dragon to be honest. I would rather Karl Payne's circular design with a unique dragon to us that can be our brand image over time and what we are recognised for.

The description sounds very similar to Karl's brilliant effort without the bluebird obviously. I'm sure someone can stik it on the thread, I'm of to the bog.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:59 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:I think we should do away with the Welsh dragon to be honest. I would rather Karl Payne's circular design with a unique dragon to us that can be our brand image over time and what we are recognised for.

^this

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:00 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:I think we should do away with the Welsh dragon to be honest.

I nearly died when I heard City called the Welsh Dragons on The Football league show on sat night.

Get rid of that vile dragon, it belongs to Wrexham not City. :evil:

I want the bluebird more prominently displayed on the crest if we have to put up with these disgusting red shirts.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:00 pm

Wayne S wrote:As a rumour , that sounds plausible.

You've either got a corker of an insider or you know how to cleverly under deliver a false rumour. ;) :ayatollah:

Same person told me about bellamy first time around and i laughed my head off , then told me about the rebrand and i did the same then it came out about 3 hours later so have no reason to doubt it tbh and they dont normally say much .
Im quite happy about it bluebird stays , we keep the blue and get rid of the horrible badge and logo
Win Win save this thread and see in a few months ;)

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:04 pm

How long before the first poll is set up. :lol:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:04 pm

Danny Says wrote:
HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:I think we should do away with the Welsh dragon to be honest.

I nearly died when I heard City called the Welsh Dragons on The Football league show on sat night.

Get rid of that vile dragon, it belongs to Wrexham not City. :evil:

I want the bluebird more prominently displayed on the crest if we have to put up with these disgusting red shirts.

I think because of the re-branding it's hard to take with it but the week before they called us 'The Bluebirds' I think they meant to call us 'The Welsh Dragon's in a metaphorical sense, so like say Swansea get to the final, a commentator will be like "The Welsh Dragon is represented once again/flying high in the League Cup final"

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:10 pm

I give up with all this continuous rebrand cack. Lets just give in and go with this.

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:21 pm

The bluebird is likely to be going, that we can't deny. This is Karl's badge without the bluebird.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a blue dragon looking front on with blue ice or mist around it in the white void above the red dragon.

This would look good also and appeal to younger generations a lot as well as giving us our own unique dragon based emblem.

The use of the Welsh dragon just makes it seem as if its just been copied and makes us look like rip offs which is disappointing.

This would also perfectly fit the red and blue colour scheme. In Chinese astrology the blue dragon also symbolises power and strength.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:22 pm

So, there will be two bluebirds on the shirt rather than the current one.

The blue away shirt will remain.

And the words "Cardiff City FC" will remain on the club badge.

Hardly the massive further rebrand some were scare-mongering about.

And no carp?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:26 pm

Putting a bigger bluebird on the shirt rather than the badge was something I suggested ages ago.
It's not ideal but a way forward if we can't have it on the crest.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:28 pm

The crest shape will change to a more favoured cicular design to be shown to chosen supporters soon , more than likely supporter club and trust representatives .

You were doing so well up until there. Your whole post sounds as though you
have some insider information. Then you cap it off with "has anyone else heard?"

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Perhaps the "LEAK" is intentional to test the water? :dontknow:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:35 pm

thomasblue wrote:The bluebird WILL leave the club badge next season and a DRAGON the same as this year will be the main symbol .
The crest shape will change to a more favoured cicular design

I'll be glad if they change the shape of the badge, the current shield is very dated. A circular badge would be good, I've always liked badges such as Olyimpiakos, Celtic, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Paris St Germain etc and if its good enough for them it will do me and be an improvement on the current design. I'm not so happy about the current dragon staying, surely the can come up with a dragon design that is unique to Cardiff and not copied off a box of welsh fudge? I'm disappointed the bluebird is being removed but if i'm honest it looks like such an after thought at the moment its almost an insult, so they may as well get rid of it.

The way I see it, anything has to be an improvement on this years badge. I would be surprised if the club made any significant change to the overall look of the badge. The design team will probably try and keep it slightly in keeping with the current badge and just tinker with it. Over the next few seasons the badge will probably evolve and become what they want, hopefully it will develop into fairly decent brand image.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Sounds like a pretty good compromise to me.

Adding the Bluebird to the current badge at the last moment just made it look even more cheap. Having a couple of relatively prominent Bluebirds on the sleeve and back of the shirt is a much better idea.

Removing "Fire and Passion" and ensuring the name and "est" date does give at least a nod to our history.

I know that returning to blue is what a lot of people want but, for now, I'm a lot happier with these proposals.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:45 pm

on the topic of the kit. Does anyone know when our contract with puma expires? Id love to have a kit with the likes of Umbro, they actually fit well and over the last few years have made some superb kits.

Wasnt our classic 2 strip kit sponsored by Umbro?? :malky: :malky:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:46 pm

No thanks!!

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:59 pm

They couldn't of made a worse badge. A small improvement. I just hope we can retain the bluebird wether it will appear on the badge or actual shirt. A blue away kit for next year? Well Atleast we keep a bit of blue.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Im sick and tired of this.

We have a few dozen fans flogging this to death. Cardiff City keep on winning - that's all I'm worried about.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:14 pm

conspiracy theory here.

make the worse possible badge for the championship, make a better badge for the premiership and instead of angry fans they then have fans happy and relieved that they have a more 'respectable' badge....which deflects from the fact we still have a shitty non related badge.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:24 pm

Sounds like it could get better to me.

Can't really get any worse than the 'beer mat' design we've got already

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:33 pm

Calling Karl.

Any chance you can adapt your badge so it says "Est. 1899" instead of "Fire & Passion", then get the dragons head bigger to fill the void left by the Bluebird. We can get an idea of what we could be looking at.

In your own time mate. :D

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:34 pm

Just wish we'd stick to one badge!

Totally against the Bluebird disappearing though :ayatollah:

I quite like our current badge to be honest, grown on me a lot!

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:43 pm

[quote="mjw6150"]Just wish we'd stick to one badge!

Totally against the Bluebird disappearing though :ayatollah:

I quite like our current badge to be honest, grown on me a lot![/quote

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... f1a5ab.jpg

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:50 pm

once a bluebird always a bluebird :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:51 pm

I love that badge you have caerdydd78 !

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:03 pm

taffyapple wrote:

You were doing so well up until there. Your whole post sounds as though you
have some insider information. Then you cap it off with "has anyone else heard?"

Has anybody else been told this i meant would back up there info . Maybe some of the people on here closer to the club could look into it and confirm it ?
I believe this to be 100% there intention based on past info from the same person .