Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

off topic debate - religion

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:57 pm

touchy subject here so if easily offended do not read or reply to the thread.

whats your opinion on islam extremists who live in the uk ?

im 18 (so sorry if i havent got all the facts totally right)

in my opinion islamic extremists who preach that women should have no rights, cover them selves up, hate the western world and preach evil should either get a grip as this is the 21st centuary, preach quietly to those who believe, or move and live in a country that finds what they believe in socially acceptable. In my opinion there is no place for their views in this country as we have evolved on moved on.

Before any one calls me a racist, this is just my opinion, i dont know everything about their religion but from what i do know it has no place in the western world ( civilised world )

opinions ?

Re: off topic debate - religion

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:05 pm

samdm94 wrote:touchy subject here so if easily offended do not read or reply to the thread.

in my opinion islamic extremists who preach that women should have no rights, cover them selves up, hate the western world and preach evil should either get a grip as this is the 21st centuary, preach quietly to those who believe, or move and live in a country that finds what they believe in socially acceptable. In my opinion there is no place for their views in this country as we have evolved on moved on.

Before any one calls me a racist, this is just my opinion, i dont know everything about their religion but from what i do know it has no place in the western world ( civilised world )

opinions ?

How can it be racist? Islam is not a race of people.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:06 pm

I believe the UK should adopt the same approach as Australia. If you come here you abide by our rules and although you have the right of entry, you also have the right to leave if you don't like the way we do things. It's as simple as that really.

No one is forcing anybody to stay. The problem with these people is deep down they love Britain but they also love to be the center of attention and in the media spotlight and the media are happy to give them that coverage. Without their religion, without their extremist views, without speaking out constantly and using hate speech and controversial statements they would be pretty much a nobody in terms of society as a whole. Just another statistic on an overpopulated island.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:07 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:
samdm94 wrote:touchy subject here so if easily offended do not read or reply to the thread.

opinions ?

ok so im not a racist anyway :laughing6:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:17 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:Without their religion, without their extremist views, without speaking out constantly and using hate speech and controversial statements they would be pretty much a nobody in terms of society as a whole. Just another statistic on an overpopulated island.

I do sometimes wonder how much of the choice to wear a HiJab (is that what its called - i mean the head scarf) is down to religious beliefs and how much is down to fashion statement. Especially when you see a girl wearings a hijab and shit loads of make up, a short skirt, and a low cut top...

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:32 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:

opinions ?

Islamic extremists is also not a religion so that this debate over.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:21 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:

opinions ?

The Government made it 'Racist' because they did not want us talking about Islam
in a negative way. I do not believe there is room for religion in the Western World,
not unless those 'religious types' can prove they are forgiving and tolerant of all
other religions.

And there's the rub!!

NO CHRISTIAN is allowed near Mecca, it is strictly for Muslims only.

And people wonder why Muslim areas in Britain are happily segregating themselves from
other religions? They are TAUGHT not to mix with us unless they have to

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:37 pm

opinions ?

Whether we are talking extremist or just normal Muslims I fail to understand what we in Britain get out of having a Multi-Cultural society where we allow Women's rights to be curtailed and Imams set themselves up as regional judge, jury and executioners.

That said I fail to also understand what is gained from ANY religion? I'm told its faith but if you are so insecure that you need to worship a mythological being then IMO you have serious mental health issues.

Until societies around the world become totally secular we will continue to have wars and disputes over pointless issues dating back thousands of years.

It is time to call a spade a spade and encourage everyone to reject religion and instead see the best in humanity and work for a better collective world.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:47 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

opinions ?

Whether we are talking extremist or just normal Muslims I fail to understand what we in Britain get out of having a Multi-Cultural society where we allow Women's rights to be curtailed and Imams set themselves up as regional judge, jury and executioners.

That said I fail to also understand what is gained from ANY religion? I'm told its faith but if you are so insecure that you need to worship a mythological being then IMO you have serious mental health issues.

Until societies around the world become totally secular we will continue to have wars and disputes over pointless issues dating back thousands of years.

It is time to call a spade a spade and encourage everyone to reject religion and instead see the best in humanity and work for a better collective world.

Mosque's should be forced to hold 'Christian' nights, where Catholic/Protestant services can be
held. Same goes for Chapels and Churches. If One religion CANNOT show the correct level of
tolerance towards other religions then BAN IT.

But of course, thats infringing on the Islamic Human right to denounce all other religions as false!

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:54 pm

How people can believe in some guy in the sky who a gets taxi about from the local UFO is the amazing part of it all, religion has brought nothing but hate/war and complete waste of time in my eyes.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:00 pm

Couldn't give a fuk about islam or muslims, I hope they all blow themselves up. I've really grown to dislike the kunts who live in this country. They think the world owes them. they are rotten to the core, and the most hypocritical bunch you will ever meet, who won't tolerate anything outside of there own poxy religion. They remind me of how Christians used to be 100s of years ago, when they were running around burning witches at the stake and executing people for questioning whether the earth was the center of the universe or not. Thankfully, christianity is a lot more tolerant these days Lol but islam is still stuck in the dark ages

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:05 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Until societies around the world become totally secular we will continue to have wars and disputes over pointless issues dating back thousands of years.

Absolutely right :thumbright:

On a number of occassions recently, British politicians (particularly Cameron and his cronies) have talked about our "Christian society" and "Christian values" in Britain. Quite frankly that is just the same as someone telling me I should adhere to Islamic values; it has no meaning nor does it apply to the vast majority of people in the country who only attend any form of church for weddings and funerals :evil:

It galls me still further when I see some "religious leader", be it Rabbi, Archbishop, etc., making some political point as if they have some sort of mandate from the population whereas in reality their opinion is no more valid than yours or mine and they shouldn't have the vehicle to spout their narrow minded opinions.

The danger of this type of debate is that people use it as a way having a pop at a particular religion but really the whole concept is out-dated and means little to most people.

Could you imagine if we were invaded by aliens tomorrow and trying to explain that we live our lives based on the scriptures written by some fictional writers 2000+ years ago rather than just creating the best possible collective approach to life and values :roll: :lol: They'd run all the way back to where they came from and brand us a bunch of uncivilised nutters :lol:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:40 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Until societies around the world become totally secular we will continue to have wars and disputes over pointless issues dating back thousands of years.

Absolutely right :thumbright:

On a number of occassions recently, British politicians (particularly Cameron and his cronies) have talked about our "Christian society" and "Christian values" in Britain. Quite frankly that is just the same as someone telling me I should adhere to Islamic values; it has no meaning nor does it apply to the vast majority of people in the country who only attend any form of church for weddings and funerals :evil:

It galls me still further when I see some "religious leader", be it Rabbi, Archbishop, etc., making some political point as if they have some sort of mandate from the population whereas in reality their opinion is no more valid than yours or mine and they shouldn't have the vehicle to spout their narrow minded opinions.

The danger of this type of debate is that people use it as a way having a pop at a particular religion but really the whole concept is out-dated and means little to most people.

Could you imagine if we were invaded by aliens tomorrow and trying to explain that we live our lives based on the scriptures written by some fictional writers 2000+ years ago rather than just creating the best possible collective approach to life and values :roll: :lol: They'd run all the way back to where they came from and brand us a bunch of uncivilised nutters :lol:

A very balanced view.

However, the further Britain goes down this road of appeasement to Islam, the more your
view will be viewed as antagonistic and blasphemic. We can say "jesus is a c**t" we can say
"Moses was a wanker" "Mary was a slag"... nobody will bat an eyelid. It might be considered
rude, bolshy, antagonistic.

Now try

"Mohammed was a paedophile" or " Allah sucks off small boys dicks"

We're talking prison in the UK, no question about it.

Islam should be nipped in the bud, hit hard. Stay by all means, be a Muslim, but dont expect
any different treatment. If people in Britain want to mock your religion, grow a pair, its how
we are here. We have thick skulls. If you cant handle that... f**k off!!

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:52 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:I believe the UK should adopt the same approach as Australia. If you come here you abide by our rules and although you have the right of entry, you also have the right to leave if you don't like the way we do things. It's as simple as that really.

No one is forcing anybody to stay. The problem with these people is deep down they love Britain but they also love to be the center of attention and in the media spotlight and the media are happy to give them that coverage. Without their religion, without their extremist views, without speaking out constantly and using hate speech and controversial statements they would be pretty much a nobody in terms of society as a whole. Just another statistic on an overpopulated island.

Australia is nothing like that. Plenty here don't even speak English. There are 22,000,000 people in Australia and many millions of them are foreigners (as in, not born in a naturally English-speaking country).

As for the debate presented - I think the idea of religion is intellectually offensive. This is not just one religion - all religions that reject the 100% proven fact that is delivered by science should no longer have the right to exist. I don't care whether it's Christianity, Judaism, Islam or Rastafarianism. It doesn't deserve a place in modern, free-thinking society. There was a time when the principles of religion were pivotal to the advancement of the human race. Religion was the one thing that made humanity less brutal, and started the conversion from violent tribes to peaceful communities. Granted, religion was the cause of many inter-factional wars, but is it not true that to obtain world peace we must first end the war between neighbours, before even thinking about the bigger picture?

Now though, things are different. Human beings are finally suppresing the instinctive need for conflict. We no longer need religion to convince us that we shouldn't be needlessly killing others, or that some actions are "right"and others are "wrong". Religion, finally, has outlived it's purpose. It once had a reason for being, but now that goal has been acheived. Now religion is stunting the natural growth of the human mind. It is no coincidence that mankind was intelelctually stiffled in the days of secular society. It is no coincidence that since the suffocating shackles of religion were cast aside, technology has advanced more in 100 years that it had in the 1000 years before it.

My problem with religion is the way that it's presented to young, impressionable minds - those of children just starting school, at ages 4 and 5. It shapes the way their minds work. In a country that is supposed to be governed by common sense and forward-thinking, we are educating our children in a way that convinces them to explain away all problems they encounter with the teachings of religion.

I still remember, as a young child in school, being convinced that the powers of "right" and "wrong", or "good" and "bad", were two tangible and discernible objects. We should be educating our children to realise that we are simply a speck on a speck on a speck, in the endless sea of space that is our universe. Instead, we are telling them that we are the one and only. We are all there was, is, and ever will be. Children have to find out for themselves that the Universe exists, they have to find out for themselves that what is out there is a greater force than anything human's could ever comprehend... but therein lies the problem. What if, from the start of their lives, we educated children about the universe? What if we allowed them to open their minds to all existence has to offer? Humanity could be so much greater. We could understand so much more. Maybe, the vast expanse of the Universe could finally be comprehended by a human mind.

I know this was long-winded, and I guess most of you didn't even read it. But this is an issue very close to my heart, and something I feel strongly about. If you did read it all, congrats :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:55 pm

BluebirdJoe wrote:
HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:I believe the UK should adopt the same approach as Australia. If you come here you abide by our rules and although you have the right of entry, you also have the right to leave if you don't like the way we do things. It's as simple as that really.

Australia is nothing like that. Plenty here don't even speak English. There are 22,000,000 people in Australia and many millions of them are foreigners (as in, not born in a naturally English-speaking country).

As for the debate presented - I think the idea of religion is intellectually offensive. This is not just one religion - all religions that reject the 100% proven fact that is delivered by science should no longer have the right to exist. I don't care whether it's Christianity, Judaism, Islam or Rastafarianism. It doesn't deserve a place in modern, free-thinking society. There was a time when the principles of religion were pivotal to the advancement of the human race. Religion was the one thing that made humanity less brutal, and started the conversion from violent tribes to peaceful communities. Granted, religion was the cause of many inter-factional wars, but is it not true that to obtain world peace we must first end the war between neighbours, before even thinking about the bigger picture?

Now though, things are different. Human beings are finally suppresing the instinctive need for conflict. We no longer need religion to convince us that we shouldn't be needlessly killing others, or that some actions are "right"and others are "wrong". Religion, finally, has outlived it's purpose. It once had a reason for being, but now that goal has been acheived. Now religion is stunting the natural growth of the human mind. It is no coincidence that mankind was intelelctually stiffled in the days of secular society. It is no coincidence that since the suffocating shackles of religion were cast aside, technology has advanced more in 100 years that it had in the 1000 years before it.

My problem with religion is the way that it's presented to young, impressionable minds - those of children just starting school, at ages 4 and 5. It shapes the way their minds work. In a country that is supposed to be governed by common sense and forward-thinking, we are educating our children in a way that convinces them to explain away all problems they encounter with the teachings of religion.

I still remember, as a young child in school, being convinced that the powers of "right" and "wrong", or "good" and "bad", were two tangible and discernible objects. We should be educating our children to realise that we are simply a speck on a speck on a speck, in the endless sea of space that is our universe. Instead, we are telling them that we are the one and only. We are all there was, is, and ever will be. Children have to find out for themselves that the Universe exists, they have to find out for themselves that what is out there is a greater force than anything human's could ever comprehend... but therein lies the problem. What if, from the start of their lives, we educated children about the universe? What if we allowed them to open their minds to all existence has to offer? Humanity could be so much greater. We could understand so much more. Maybe, the vast expanse of the Universe could finally be comprehended by a human mind.

I know this was long-winded, and I guess most of you didn't even read it. But this is an issue very close to my heart, and something I feel strongly about. If you did read it all, congrats :lol: :lol:

Exactly my feelings much more eloquently put :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:56 pm

BluebirdJoe wrote:

I read it and agree.

In the Western World, many would agree, many would disagree.

In the Islamic World, you would be considered a Heretic and you would be in Mortal danger.

That, in a nutshell is that!

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:57 pm

Extremists should leave.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:58 pm

Read it back now and there are annoying spelling mistakes I wish I could edit :lol:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Karl wrote:Extremists should leave.

I totally agree.

Anyone living in Britain who does not believe in the right to free speech and
the freedom to join/leave/denounce religion should be fucked off somewhere
they feel more at home. Radical Christians of which there must be at least 100
in the UK can go talk shite in the American bible belt. Muslims can f**k off to
Saudi if they are offended by anybody taking the piss out of THEIR daft book

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:12 pm

The thing that I find most bizarre is the contradiction between hating the West and refusing to leave.

Religious extremists irritate me anyway. I actually find the radical Christians most annoying.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:16 pm

One thing I will say is that I have enough intelligence to realise that trying to convert people to my way of thinking is a pointless exercise, it will never work. Whenever I get into an argument with a "religie" I just tell him to get on with his own life and leave us normal people alone.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:21 pm

OhhhGa wrote:The thing that I find most bizarre is the contradiction between hating the West and refusing to leave.

Religious extremists irritate me anyway. I actually find the radical Christians most annoying.

Difference with the Radical Christians is that they are, and always will be a splinter group of
loonies, looked upon as loonies.

Radical Islam is a huge voice in the Muslim World. Probably because they prey on ignorance and
uneducated masses in backward countries

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:30 pm

taffyapple wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:The thing that I find most bizarre is the contradiction between hating the West and refusing to leave.

Difference with the Radical Christians is that they are, and always will be a splinter group of
loonies, looked upon as loonies.

Radical Islam is a huge voice in the Muslim World. Probably because they prey on ignorance and
uneducated masses in backward countries

That's why I find them most annoying. In general, they've had a good standard of education, been around a wider demographic of people, been subjected to typical Western life etc Yet they still construe the Bible as a literal manifesto of hate.

At least many radical Islamists hail from, let's be honest, more backward countries and don't know anything different. (Not that that excuses their extremism).

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Usually the 'radical' sects of any religion don't actually take the core beliefs of the faith in the right spirit and end up going completely against what the religion stands for. Have not time for any of them, even as a Christian I think some so called Christians are idiots !! Especially some of the Baptist churches in the US !

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:50 pm

Our fault for letting these people who preach hatred get away with it should have fucked the first one off back to where ever they came from. Just my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: