Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Weight Loss Serious replies only

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:46 pm

im having sucess with lipotrim as most who know me will tell you, im a tad thinner than i was, lose 4st :D in the close of season last year, put a few pounds on over the holiday periods and traveling with the city and wales so did another stint before christmas and lost another stone, but had a wicked christmas ate n drank like a fool, :happy1:
so i put 10lb back on, im currently into the 3rd day of a new two week stint on lipotrim
and hoping to lose that christmas bulk + some.
in the closed season i intend going on it again and getting down to my goal of 12-6 - 12-10 down from 17-12, then my life style and diet will chance to maintain it, :)

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:02 pm

Get yourself a pair of decent trainers and run, the weight will drop off.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:05 pm

Try full body workouts 3 times a week, eg. Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

You do less sets but you work all your muscles in a single workout, the more muscles you work, the more calories you burn.
It's great for people who are cutting fat, but its pretty intense, plenty of protein is vital! The rest of the days are entirely up to you, you'd need at least 2 days rest per week after that, so light cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays is a good way to compliment your routine, then you got the weekend to recover!

Good luck anyways! :thumbup:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:Main thing is eat good. Cut out the white stuff, white rice, white bread etc.. Just drink water every day, don't eat after 8 as your metabolism comes to a halt and anything you eat will just be stored as body fat. :ayatollah:

Apparently they have proven that the "eating after 8" is nonsense. Calories are calories no matter what time they are eaten. It was on the radio a couple of weeks ago ...some experiment was run

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:27 pm

This worked for me and after the first week was not too difficult:

1. Cut out fat as much as possible: no biscuits, no cake, no crisps (I had just one slice of homemade cake once a week and sure I appreciated it more!). No butter/spread on my morning toast - just my favourite marmalade - soon got used to it. Granary or brown bread. There's plenty of lowish fat cereals (oats) - semi skimmed milk. Big effort to give up bacon and cheese.

2. Exercise - gym is good but a regular 15-20 min brisk walk "around the block" each night is good for sleep too.

3. Whatever your beer/wine intake is - half it!

4. Eat plenty of fruit. I've never been a big eater of fruit but I found the more I ate, the more I wanted to eat it.

5. Eat meals and don't go hungry - otherwise you'll snack on the wrong stuff.

6. Try green tea - no milk so fat free and it grows on you.

My waistline showed an improvement after 2 weeks. I kept this "diet" up for 2 months and still stick to it in the main.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:01 pm

Me and the Mrs both lost 3 stone just underr 5 months
* We both found the "fitness Pal" App very good
* Alway have a good breakfast (Don't skip meals) and make sure you eat well . Get a good nutrition book
Typically I have a bowl of brand flakes and then add pumpkin seeds , sun flower seeds , raisens , almonds and dried apricots add Skimmed milk . Tangerine , Banana, cod liver oil capsule and Green Tea
* Nuts are are full of minerals and good fats but you need but carefull at first as some are high in calories like Brazil nuts.
* Be good during the week and put one day aside to spoil yourself and a few beers etc
* Exercise
* reduce red meat and go for white and especially fish (not battered :lol: )
* As a few have said try to stay away from process food like bread , cheese etc . Eat whole meal bread if you enjoy bread.

Any other tips then PM me

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:24 pm

tubby1927 wrote:Hi guys just started back in gym as im carrying way to much timber what would be most effective way to lose weight and tone up ive obviously cut way back on the beer and no kebabs, burgers etc, help be appriciated

Are you the Swansea ball boy???? Feck off to your own site :lol:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:32 pm

....change your username?