Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

An indication of the Premiership effect on crowds

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:35 am

could be found in looking at Blackburn Rovers, they were averaging 24-25 thousand in the Premier, now they have dropped down to the Championship it's around 13-14 thousand! If you applied the same logic to us,we should be expecting 35 thousand, if we had room for them in the stadium! Probably more, considering our catchment area compared to Blackburn. The premiership really is the only place to be and thank God, I mean Malky! We will be there taking our place for next season :malky: :malky:

Re: An indication of the Premiership effect on crowds

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:54 am

We are nearly there,nothing is certain yet

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:58 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:could be found in looking at Blackburn Rovers, they were averaging 24-25 thousand in the Premier, now they have dropped down to the Championship it's around 13-14 thousand! If you applied the same logic to us,we should be expecting 35 thousand, if we had room for them in the stadium! Probably more, considering our catchment area compared to Blackburn. The premiership really is the only place to be and thank God, I mean Malky! We will be there taking our place for next season :malky: :malky:

The problem is Blackburn are having a poor season and the fans are at war with their owners.

Had they been relegated, had decent owners and were in our position they may have been pushing 19 - 20k crowds.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:20 am

blackburn is a town of 80k cardiff is 400k and with the valleys areas over 1 million :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:22 am

wez1927 wrote:blackburn is a town of 80k cardiff is 400k and with the valleys areas over 1 million :ayatollah:

So where are they all then?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:27 am

RoyalLamb wrote:
wez1927 wrote:blackburn is a town of 80k cardiff is 400k and with the valleys areas over 1 million :ayatollah:

average of 23k this season and over 90% of our stadium full says it all ,next season tickets are going to be hard to get for everyone without season ticket s

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:31 am

wez1927 wrote:
RoyalLamb wrote:

average of 23k this season and over 90% of our stadium full says it all ,next season tickets are going to be hard to get for everyone without season ticket s

What? Our average is 22,500 and our capacity is 27,000.

That's 83% full. Plenyt more seats if any of the million people you claim wanted them :D but I agree tickets will be hard to come by, I just think you are going a little over the top.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:36 am

RoyalLamb wrote:

I do think there is a point where the tickets that are left become of no use to many fans. Last minute attendees can't cough up the large prices of Level 4 or they are not getting the family prices as that stand is full

You end up left with the few front row seats of the stands. Lets be fair, if they are just jumping on the bandwagon now they are not the type of fans to suffer rain on their heads.

It'll take Premier League Football to make them suffer for their glory hunting.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 pm

RoyalLamb wrote:

That's why I stated the 'Premiership' effect on crowds, being as we are'nt there yet, then neither are the fans, but they will be, they will be :lol:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:42 pm

When Cardiff get to the Premier League, you could sell out the Mill Stad for all the top games such as Man U, Liverpool et al. For the rest of the games, even for the lesser sides, the CCS will be massively over subscribed.

When Cardiff get to a point where they are competing in the top four and competing in Europe, then we'll need to move Wembley in to Cardiff to give people a chance of seeing a game or two per season. Cardiff will make the Six Nations look like a five-a-side event in Roath park.

People laughed at Sam when he talked about getting to this point but now everyone can see it happenning they are not laughing any more. They also laughed at him (mostly led by those idiots at Media Wales) when he said that Cardiff in the Premier League would be worth at least £50million per year to the local economy. Remember when the local council were giving him the two fingers and politicians were mocking the £50m he talked about? Recently though the very same idiot chip paper makers were reporting on how much cash has been brought in to the Swansea economy in their first season in the PL, and they were reporting amounts that made that £50million look like small change to the real amounts raised in Swansea.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:49 pm

RoyalLamb wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
RoyalLamb wrote:

That's 83% full. Plenyt more seats if any of the million people you claim wanted them :D but I agree tickets will be hard to come by, I just think you are going a little over the top.

think its over 22.5k didnt they miss count Peterborough by large amount? so bringing down our average!
besides don't think can put 27k in ground, for safety reasons only 26 and a bit is the max, so its somewhere between 83% & 90%
capacity! but what do I know! :malky:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:01 pm

RoyalLamb wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
RoyalLamb wrote:

They miscounted Peterborough by about 4,000 and the average people bring to us is around 5/600. If we ha people bringing 1500/2000 to us every game things would look very different

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:06 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RoyalLamb wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
RoyalLamb wrote:

think its over 22.5k didnt they miss count Peterborough by large amount? so bringing down our average!
besides don't think can put 27k in ground, for safety reasons only 26 and a bit is the max, so its somewhere between 83% & 90%

Over 22500 average but dont forget we've only got roughly 24000 HOME tickets as the rest is away fans and segregation.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:56 pm

aber blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RoyalLamb wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
RoyalLamb wrote:

Over 22500 average but dont forget we've only got roughly 24000 HOME tickets as the rest is away fans and segregation.

Which means can only count home capacity which is about 93% full.