Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Marvin Sordell

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:33 am

is malky still in for him or has signing campbell ruled this out now? :ayatollah:

Re: Marvin Sordell

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:35 am

If MM wants him it will cost us 5 million. :shock:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:38 am

Always Blue wrote:is malky still in for him or has signing campbell ruled this out now? :ayatollah:

Cant see where he would fit in now with players in our squad who can play his positions comfortably
campbell , maynard , bellamy , noone , smith , mason and conway can all either play a wide role or up front plus heidur and rudy as the target men id say that idea should be pretty much over with imo

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:38 am

where you see that to?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:44 am

The pressure is off now so we don't need to spent OTT on a striker and other clubs know it.

If we can get him at a decent price then why not.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:45 am

or a loan maybe?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:13 am

Always Blue wrote:or a loan maybe?

If we're going for someone on loan then I'd rather jerome, PL experience and would link up well with Campbell.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:22 am

Always Blue wrote:is malky still in for him or has signing campbell ruled this out now? :ayatollah:

His antics on twitter and so called addiction to it ruled him out of Malkys plans in my opinion.
Malky would never sign anyone who he thought would disrupt the harmony of the squad

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:48 am

steve davies wrote:

His antics on twitter and so called addiction to it ruled him out of Malkys plans in my opinion.
Malky would never sign anyone who he thought would disrupt the harmony of the squad

Its twitter... how could he disrupt the harmony with twitter? I follow him and he's not even that bad

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:17 pm

BlueBirdForLife wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Its twitter... how could he disrupt the harmony with twitter? I follow him and he's not even that bad

bolton have said at his peak he was tweeting thousands of times a day and a lot of the times through the night hence they disciplined him and sought advice regarding his addiction.
considering malky is known for compiling dossiers about potential signings i would have thought he would have put him on the back burner for the time being.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:28 pm

steve davies wrote:
BlueBirdForLife wrote:
steve davies wrote:

bolton have said at his peak he was tweeting thousands of times a day and a lot of the times through the night hence they disciplined him and sought advice regarding his addiction.
considering malky is known for compiling dossiers about potential signings i would have thought he would have put him on the back burner for the time being.

But i dont think its a reason for malky to not buy a player, and with knowing that he rates him highly i dont see that as an big enough reason and he has cut done a lot on twitter from since ive followed him

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:06 pm

BlueBirdForLife wrote:
steve davies wrote:
BlueBirdForLife wrote:
steve davies wrote:

But i dont think its a reason for malky to not buy a player, and with knowing that he rates him highly i dont see that as an big enough reason and he has cut done a lot on twitter from since ive followed him

dont forget malky went for campbell last year and after being rebuffed turned his attention to sordell whom he almost got but for boltons 12th hour intervention.
perhaps we just have to accept that malky has got the striker he wanted in this window and perhaps sordell was his second choice again if campbell fell through..

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:34 pm

steve davies wrote:
BlueBirdForLife wrote:
steve davies wrote:
BlueBirdForLife wrote:
steve davies wrote:

dont forget malky went for campbell last year and after being rebuffed turned his attention to sordell whom he almost got but for boltons 12th hour intervention.
perhaps we just have to accept that malky has got the striker he wanted in this window and perhaps sordell was his second choice again if campbell fell through..

IMO i'd rather campbell and i dont think we need sordell it'll just push mason down the order

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:50 pm

If 5million is true, I'd say forget it! Only 17 games to go.... win 10 more games - we will be alright.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:11 pm

cant see it with Sordell, him and Malky didnt see eye to eye at Watford and why spend 5million on Sordell when we can probably get a proven goalscorer in Austin for around the same price, a far more likely purchase I would have thought. If no current Prem side come in for Austin by the end of the window I can see us putting in a sneaky bid for Austin and nicking him at the death :thumbup: :ayatollah: