Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We're about to find out how big we really are.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Make no doubt about it Cardiff City in the Premier League is a Marketing dream.

But Fans moan now about "Plastics",Well they gonna be pulling their hair out next year. Fans will appear left right and centre swearing blind they're been City For years.
Although some will leave in a revolt against Tan and His Branded Club (It's their choice and right to do so).Be assured, for one fan who feels he can't follow this club anymore, there will be 8/9 plastics itching to get his seat.
During the Famous FA Cup game (I think Richard Keys may have said it but not sure) "They're like the Catalan community and can be in terms of the size of the principality as big as Barcelona"
Now I'm not saying we could have a 90,000 seater super stadium. But I am saying if we were facing the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and co on a regular basis could we fill the Millenium Stadium?

Easily.

20k season ticket holders with potentially another 15k willing to purchase.
Plus all the premier starved welsh supporters who travel the breadth of the country to watch premier league football who could/would go and watch their capital city.

I think we would fill it in a regular basis if we were competing on a regular basis with the elite.

I have watched Cardiff in many different leagues and grounds and conditions. But I've always dreamed about watching us in the big time. We are well on our way to getting to the Premiership and I believe WHEN WE GET THERE, We will eventually become a permenant memeber.

Re: We're about to find out how big we really are.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:52 pm

I think 50k against the big boys 35 against the wigans
We could and should be the size of say a newcastle not a barcelona in terms of support

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:58 pm

Wales footy were filling the ms with 72 k and most were city fans ,there are loads of fans that will jump on the band wagon

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:06 pm

yeah, most of the plastics dont give a shit about the city. as long as they get to watch there heroes in rooney. and co, if we did go back down. you wont get 18 or 19 thousand down the city, because the real fans will walk away. not just cardiff, but the prem is plastic

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:06 pm

Tom re-read my post about the Barca remark mate... In terms of our nation Wales we could be the equivalent to what they are in Spain. Fan base is potentially massive. And Wez hit it on the head,Wales @ MS 72k probably 80% city die hard and plastics.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:17 pm

ninianblue wrote:yeah, most of the plastics dont give a shit about the city. as long as they get to watch there heroes in rooney. and co, if we did go back down. you wont get 18 or 19 thousand down the city, because the real fans will walk away. not just cardiff, but the prem is plastic

You think if UTD were related they would sell out every game?

Whether you like it or not mate PLASTICS WORLDWIDE Make UTD the global commodity that they are..

I'd give anything for My beloved Cardiff city to have a fan base like that. To be adored admired and followed religiously by people from all over the world.

Some people are narrow minded and believe they have more right and god given allowance to dictate who can be a true supporter simply because they claim to be a due hard supporter.
Hell the Ammount of times I've been called plastic on this forum is FKN laughable. Just because I have moved away doesn't mean u stopped supporting/Following my club.

If that makes me plastic, then I'm plastic and proud.

I have been plastic against Lincoln City infront of 1,300 fans and I will be plastic against the premiership.

Worldwide Plastics contribute how much revenue on an annual basis at these clubs?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:32 am

wez1927 wrote:Wales footy were filling the ms with 72 k and most were city fans ,there are loads of fans that will jump on the band wagon

:lol: that's an amazing statement, how the hell can you possibly know that :lol:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:34 am

And it's against the Wigans of this world where you see how much support a team has. Not against the likes of united.

If Rushden and Diamonds were in the prem they would sell 50k for Man United as united would draw football fans out from everywhere.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:39 am

:?
Considering you have only sold out a few games this season?and you think you could sell out ms???.
You are so far up your selfs its unreal.
And as big as newcastel?come on lads ffs.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:53 am

I don't get it when people say plastic this and plastic that! I watched Cardiff in the old div 2 with kav, gabbidon etc, I had a season ticket for 5 years, but I haven't been down since due to family commitments etc.. I still class myself as a city fan! I'd go down and watch them in the prem, does this make me plastic. Or does plastic mean the man, who has never wstched catdiff before who brings his son buys him a RED jersey a season ticket for h and his boy and 2 hot dogs every game, I'd say welcome to Cardiff city, nice to see new faces, not brand him as a plastic! Remember his boy will potentially watch the bluebirds for years! And his mates!

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:24 am

So you say you cant go due to family commitments?

Will your family disappear if we are in the prem as you say you'll go then.

To me thats the ultimate plastic!

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:51 am

RoyalLamb wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Wales footy were filling the ms with 72 k and most were city fans ,there are loads of fans that will jump on the band wagon

:lol: that's an amazing statement, how the hell can you possibly know that :lol:

IMO, i think wez's claim is a load of bollocks, but we are all entitled to one. :lol:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:37 am

f**k alot of jacks on this thread :lol: they didnt sell out there tinny stadium against norwich :lol: always jealous of there no1 team in wales and their capital city :malky:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:42 am

aj1927 wrote:
ninianblue wrote:You think if UTD were related they would sell out every game?

Whether you like it or not mate PLASTICS WORLDWIDE Make UTD the global commodity that they are..

I'd give anything for My beloved Cardiff city to have a fan base like that. To be adored admired and followed religiously by people from all over the world.

Personally, I couldn't think of anything worse.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:49 am

I think some people are overestimating how 'big' we are. Have we had a sellout this season? I believe we came close against Peterborough and Palace but I don't think we have. Granted there undoubtedly people out there who will jump on the bandwagon but I'm not as convinced as some of you guys that we could get 30,000+ every-week, especially against the lesser sides in the PL. Time will tell I guess.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:56 am

SeanJr wrote:I think some people are overestimating how 'big' we are. Have we had a sellout this season? I believe we came close against Peterborough and Palace but I don't think we have. Granted there undoubtedly people out there who will jump on the bandwagon but I'm not as convinced as some of you guys that we could get 30,000+ every-week, especially against the lesser sides in the PL. Time will tell I guess.

We've had home sell-outs but not away.

30k would be easy in the prem, we get 26k in the championship!

Look at Swansea - 11/12k in some games in their promotion season, only one sell out game (us) and they sell out every week now.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:00 am

SeanJr wrote:I think some people are overestimating how 'big' we are. Have we had a sellout this season? I believe we came close against Peterborough and Palace but I don't think we have. Granted there undoubtedly people out there who will jump on the bandwagon but I'm not as convinced as some of you guys that we could get 30,000+ every-week, especially against the lesser sides in the PL. Time will tell I guess.

we sold out of the normal tickets on those games ,club have said they have had 35k new enquiries about season tickets for next season add that to the exsiting ticket holders we will easily sell out every game next season ,and will defo need a bigger stadium if we reach the premier league :malky:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:00 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:

Look at Swansea - 11/12k in some games in their promotion season, only one sell out game (us) and they sell out every week now.

£10 a ticket prices though bazza. Tickets are £50 a head at some matches in the prem.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:04 am

RoyalLamb wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

£10 a ticket prices though bazza. Tickets are £50 a head at some matches in the prem.

Id be quite confident to say that City won't start suddenly charging 50 quid a game. :lol:

There will be a difference in the prices, there will also be a difference in the quality of opposition, no?

People say you should only go to watch City, but the not so hardcore will be more interested in going to see the MUFC's of the world than Peterboro.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:10 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
RoyalLamb wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Id be quite confident to say that City won't start suddenly charging 50 quid a game. :lol:

There will be a difference in the prices, there will also be a difference in the quality of opposition, no?

People say you should only go to watch City, but the not so hardcore will be more interested in going to see the MUFC's of the world than Peterboro.

Will be around £35 a game though I'd say. I think we will definately sell out for the first year with the excitement and novelty and then if we stay up we would be about right with us just managing to sell our home end for the likes of Wigan etc. I think the stadium is e right size for the average attendance but too small for the big games.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:21 am

Like the title say's, only time will tell i hope we can sell out but i doubt we will, everyone who has asked me about season tickets seem to be only asking to sound as if they are interested but have no intention of getting one. If however the club was to sell every seat as a season ticket i think they would be able to do it with capacity as it stands.
We are the biggest club in over 100 mile radius so should be getting 40-50 thousand if we stay in prem for a number of years, and this country gets a grip and comes out of recession. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:26 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:So you say you cant go due to family commitments?

I didn't mean every week just now and again!

A plastic fans money is the same as yours! That's all that matters to a business like Cardiff city FC!

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:36 pm

And if it all goes tits up and we are relegated all those plastic fuckers will return to Man u,Liverpool or whoever and most of the purists who walked away will never return.what crowds will we be getting then?.
Too many short term solutions going on at this club.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:43 pm

chopsrules wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:So you say you cant go due to family commitments?

I didn't mean every week just now and again!

A plastic fans money is the same as yours! That's all that matters to a business like Cardiff city FC!

You werent asking what the club think. You were asking what we think

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:33 pm

One of the most of the deluded posts ever! Live in London and a Chelsea fan who stumbled upon this thread was laughing about it in the pub last night - comedy gold...