Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:40 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:4-3Agg winners over villa :shock: :shock:

Hope they beat Chelsea in final

Re: Bradford city in cup final

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:40 pm

Chelsea Bradford final ;)

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:41 pm

shows how poor villa have become since o'neil left and gone way backwards, but fairplay Bradford city brilliant achivement :malky:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:42 pm

Awww, now we're not the lowest placed team in recent history to get to the League Cup final :(

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:43 pm

citybluechris wrote:shows how poor villa have become since o'neil left and gone way backwards, but fairplay Bradford city brilliant achivement :malky:

I agree they have been total shit since o'neill left, this is what cup dreams are made of for lower league clubs :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:44 pm

Jacks will win it but only playing Bradford will only cheapen what is already a Micky mouse cup :lol:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Jacks will win it but only playing Bradford will only cheapen what is already a Micky mouse cup :lol:

They beat arsenal, wigan, now villa so that says something. we will be over run with jacks on here then bragging they beat bradford city of the 4th tier no doubt :lol:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:49 pm

well done bradford :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 pm

Well deserved :ayatollah: :malky:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 pm

ninianblue wrote:well done bradford :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: It does make you wonder why lambert left norwich (bar more money) to take a shit team over after mcleish failed, once o'neil left they been going downhill :lol:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:54 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Jacks will win it but only playing Bradford will only cheapen what is already a Micky mouse cup :lol:

They beat arsenal, wigan, now villa so that says something. we will be over run with jacks on here then bragging they beat bradford city of the 4th tier no doubt :lol:

Fair play they've done brilliantly well. I just think its going to be funny when the jacks boast about their win and we can remind them every time "who did you play in the final?" :lol:

Bradfords night though :malky:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:56 pm

It's shit if you've had 2 x £50 on 3-0 3-1 correct score. On a bit of a chase after a bad weekend. Never looked like coming in...Villa were awful. Worst Villa side that I can remember...just hope they don't come down cos I'd look forward to a Villa away trip next season !!

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:03 pm

Bet Norwich supporters are laughing their heads off.
But something seriously wrong with Villa doesn't seem like they have any shape to them, when Bent came on he seemed to start on the right wing which is odd. Hope they don't try to replace one Scottish manager with another.
Well done Bradford, oh and were we not linked with Nakki Wells.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:40 pm

I ent going to dig into Villa. You can't take away the heart and spirit Bradford put in and they deserve the praise because they overcome the likes of Arsenal etc.. The home ties for them were brilliant, the fans were top notch and made it a scary atomsphere for teams! :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:18 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:4-3Agg winners over villa :shock: :shock:

Hope they beat Chelsea in final

;)

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Fair play they've done brilliantly well. I just think its going to be funny when the jacks boast about their win and we can remind them every time "who did you play in the final?" :lol:

Yes but who did we beat to get there

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:44 pm

llanellijack wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

h

Mmmmmmm have you got there yet? Just wondered when did you acheive this?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
llanellijack wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

h

Mmmmmmm have you got there yet? Just wondered when did you acheive this?

new you would but in, it the not to distant future which is 2mrw west walian :)

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03 am

llanellijack wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Who cares or remembers? It will be the final you beat a 4th div side. What a great advert for the importance of the tin pot cup :lol:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:10 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21155159

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:15 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

But they would have knocked out the cup holders Liverpool away and European cup holders Chelsea over two legs along the way. Don't think you will get too far with that one

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:45 am

RoyalLamb wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

But they would have knocked out the cup holders Liverpool away and European cup holders Chelsea over two legs along the way. Don't think you will get too far with that one

And? All that's remembered is who was in the final :roll:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:16 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
RoyalLamb wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

....And therefore an incredible cup run.

I highly doubt anyone discussing the cup that year will assume they only played one match in the Cup with a bye to the final.

Don't really understand your point.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:33 am

Bradford will probably lose in the final, but they will be remembered better then the winners as being the first 4th tier club to reach a major cup final.

Well done bradford :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:40 am

murphy wrote:Bradford will probably lose in the final, but they will be remembered better then the winners as being the first 4th tier club to reach a major cup final.

The fact that Rochdale were the first 4th tier club to make it to a major final and yoir failure to know or remember that, kind of undermines your argument :lol:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:45 am

NJ73 wrote:
murphy wrote:Bradford will probably lose in the final, but they will be remembered better then the winners as being the first 4th tier club to reach a major cup final.

The fact that Rochdale were the first 4th tier club to make it to a major final and yoir failure to know or remember that, kind of undermines your argument :lol:

:lol:

NJ, Are you weary of the possibility of the Europa league and the many extra games it will give you?

In many ways, hindsight would tell me that I'm glad we don't have all those extra games this season, though obviously at the time I'd loved to have won.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:53 am

Barry Chuckle wrote: :lol:

NJ, Are you weary of the possibility of the Europa league and the many extra games it will give you?

In many ways, hindsight would tell me that I'm glad we don't have all those extra games this season, though obviously at the time I'd loved to have won.

We'd be able to cope with it, with got a much stronger squad this season and our squad has constantly had a few changes to it in each game during the winter and we've been getting very good results. I think we'd have a strong enough squad to cope with it if we can sign Jose Canas, another couple of strikers and a centre back and I think the money from the Europa League would more than allow us to sign those players. Obviously a danger of losing star players, but Michu's signed a new contract today.

I think it's a matter of ambition, yes it's a big step for the club, but if we want to achieve things we've got to be prepared to make that step confidently. We don't want the limits of what we can achieve to be mid table in the Premier League, we don't have a limit. If we'd have put limits on what we could achieve ten years ago we'd have been a 3rd-5th tier club at this stage.

It would help us to attract better players, help us to keep on to our current players, help us to increase the clubs income and to raise the profile of the club.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:58 am

it,s an incredible achievement from bradford.win or lose it,s a day the club won,t forget.as for swansea having enough of a squad for the europa league well they can worry about that if they win the league cup.blues only went out of the the europa on the head to head so if a championship team can do ok surely a prem team can muster a team up?didn,t harm stoke did it?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:48 pm

RoyalLamb wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
RoyalLamb wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

....And therefore an incredible cup run.

I highly doubt anyone discussing the cup that year will assume they only played one match in the Cup with a bye to the final.

Don't really understand your point.

Clearly you don't. When the jacks or chelsea win it, it will be a case of "yeah but you only played Bradford". Nobody remembers earlier rounds especially as most teams play their reserves until the latter stages (semis) and for me it lessens the occasion.