Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Question about January signing(s)

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:44 pm

Before the window most on here said they would be happy for three new players.

I understand that there is still time and Malky may bring another player or two into the fold, but if he does not not are you satisfied with Campbell and possibly Lappin being the only signings after the months of buildup.

Is Campbell good enough that the pre-Janaury hype has been met?

Re: Question about January signing(s)

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:46 pm

Would have preferred a younger & better (Brayford or Hunt) full back than Lappin. But i suppose he'd be good cover :ayatollah:

Re: Question about January signing(s)

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:50 pm

I wanted 3 players in and I'm extremely happy with Campbell coming in as its what we needed. I'd also be happy if Lappin came purely because we need cover, it doesn't matter that he's not better than we have because we will be able to strengthen in january. Right now its all about making sure we are able to keep momentum and compensate for any injuries we will sustain on the run in.

We aren't going to be able to sign real quality players better than what we have because teams will price us out of it as there is no need for them to sell there best players half way though the season, unless they need funding to make signings themselves. You're rarely ever going to buy quality players in january.